Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Pick Up!  (Read 1977 times)

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
New Pick Up!
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »
Well picked this up for cheap cheap and everything works except the controls need some serious tender love and care. Also the bottom monitor has a little issue with a squashed top part of the screen. I will post more pics but here is me picking this bad boy up...

What do you guys think?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ian

• Offline Offline
Re: New Pick Up!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:27:15 pm »
Super PunchOut!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 07:31:25 pm »
   OMG, for fun!.... Details man, How much? How did you get it home? looks as if your truck was full,.... Why was it all apart?

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 08:09:25 pm »
Bad ass!

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:17:24 pm »
Ha ha ha....

I had a trailer for the Machine itself. Monitors had safe transport in the back of my SUV.... I take the monitors out to lighten the load. Especially when it's someones basement, easier to lift and navigate. And especially when there are two crts!

Got it for $200. It was a friends brother inlaws. Saw my Outrun mini restore and contacted me.

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:18:09 pm »
And yes she is in my garage waiting for parts! Can't wait to get my hands on her!

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:03:34 pm »
     Your quite brave taking the monitors out like that, I would worry myself sick about braking it before I got home, It seems nice though, Cant see the bend lines your talking about, but than that's what a pattern gen is all about right?.... That was quite a bargain, for something that's not all rotted out, should be a nice easy cleanup from the pics....SCORE! ;D

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »
Sweet!   :applaud:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:10:13 am »
     Your quite brave taking the monitors out like that, I would worry myself sick about braking it before I got home, It seems nice though, Cant see the bend lines your talking about, but than that's what a pattern gen is all about right?.... That was quite a bargain, for something that's not all rotted out, should be a nice easy cleanup from the pics....SCORE! ;D

You confuse me so much, in one post you seem to be a an experienced tech, then in the next post you are afraid to take a sanyo with a neck guard out of a game?

Bottom monitor just needs caps, do the top one as well, then switch their positions so that any new burn doesn't line up with the old burn. Then sell the whole package and buy 4 better games with the money.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 12:19:38 am »

You confuse me so much, in one post you seem to be a an experienced tech, then in the next post you are afraid to take a sanyo with a neck guard out of a game?

Bottom monitor just needs caps, do the top one as well, then switch their positions so that any new burn doesn't line up with the old burn. Then sell the whole package and buy 4 better games with the money.

wow nailed it.... that was my plan!

Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 12:27:25 am »

eh... I am still new to the arcade resto scene.. taking the monitors out works for me and I have yet to have an issue with it. I have had issues with ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- dollys and heavy machines, specifically going up ---smurfy--- basement stairways (and we have lots of those in Wisconsin). So my life arcade lessons so far have taught me to remove monitors during transport to make removal easier. I am sure I will have second thoughts the second I break a monitor lol. But so far so good as far as my strategy is concerned.

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. Paige you are right on. This game goes for stupid money. It will be a nice sell to help fund more restorations. Not that I want to make a buck in this hobby... I just love bringing them back.

:)

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:18:54 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 08:55:24 am »
You have been busy. Congrats. :cheers:

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 10:12:04 pm »

So sorry to confuse you.... I don't consider myself a tech, just Love building games. And not afraid to remove monitors, but carrying it  up the stairs and around the house, in the car and drive it to a bad neighborhood finally breaking it on a flagpole or something and getting glass shards in my face....Yes that would have me quite concerned.