Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: cant seem to get Centipede to work has anyone else had problems with this?  (Read 1485 times)

signdude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2018, 08:52:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
hi all....

so i have tried about 6 different centipede roms from different sources. yet all of them get to initializing screen and just stops. has anyone else experienced this or possibly has any advice that you could pass along? any help is greatly appreciated as this is the wifes favorite game and i feel like i am failing as a husband.... :cry:

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:16:09 pm
I tried on MAME 0.188. I had an outdated ROM that didn't work but when I got the latest Rev. 4 ROM it worked with no issues. What MAME are you using? Did you clear any CFG files, etc.?

signdude

• Offline Offline
thanks Darth.... i am using 0.182.  i believe i have tried rev 4 . do i need to clear the config file? thanks for your help....

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:16:09 pm
I don't know if you need to clear related files like that, but it can't hurt.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Delete any related file from the NVRAM folder, too.

signdude

• Offline Offline
sorry for the noobie question but if i delete the config file and the NVRAM file will that change anything on my other 1500 or so roms? because the other 1500 roms are working great and dont want to change anything in those roms as i have them configured and working properly just cant get the darn Centipede to work. again sorry for the rookie question.... here is a screenshot of where all the centipede roms i have tried (rev1 - rev 4) freezes at.

signdude

• Offline Offline
nevermind guys.... disreguard that last transmission. i did what you said to do and it worked like a charm....thanks so much for your help.... now i might even get me so lovin tonight when the wife finds out she can play centipede now.... :cheers:

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
you know you married right when Centipede gets ya some nookie  :burgerking: