Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Requesting Midway 25" monitor bezel and bezel glass "Z" bracket  (Read 1948 times)

Prpl_Turtle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 18, 2022, 10:20:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi folks,

I've scoped this site for a little over 6 years now and I'm finally building a MAME cab!!  I purchased an empty Midway cabinet on CRAIGSLIST for $50.00, I think it used to be an NBA JAM cab and it will make the perfect shell for my cab.  It's missing two very important items however.  It's missing the "z" bracket that attaches to the underside of the control panel lid, opposite side of the piano hinge.  I'm pretty sure it's there to push against the bezel glass so that it has no wiggle room to slide anywhere.  I'm also missing the bezel itself.  It's outer dimensions are very close to 25" x 25". 

Heading to Seattle in two days to pick up a used Wells Gardner 7000 series monitor !!!   Very excited.  Anyways I have a feeling I will be finally writing in this forum quite a bit now because I have a lot of building to do and will need a lot of advice.  If anybody knows where I could find a bezel or "z" bracket please let me know.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:44:50 am by Prpl_Turtle »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Requesting Midway 25" monitor bezel and bezel glass "Z" bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »
Hi folks,

I've scoped this site for a little over 6 years now and I'm finally building a MAME cab!!  I purchased an empty Midway cabinet on CRAIGSLIST for $50.00, I think it used to be an NBA JAM cab and it will make the perfect shell for my cab.  It's missing two very important items however.  It's missing the "z" bracket that attaches to the underside of the control panel lid, opposite side of the piano hinge.  I'm pretty sure it's there to push against the bezel glass so that it has no wiggle room to slide anywhere.  I'm also missing the bezel itself.  It's outer dimensions are very close to 25" x 25". 

Heading to Seattle in two days to pick up a used Wells Gardner 7000 series monitor !!!   Very excited.  Anyways I have a feeling I will be finally writing in this forum quite a bit now because I have a lot of building to do and will need a lot of advice.  If anybody knows where I could find a bezel or "z" bracket please let me know.

Thanks guys

Find your local facebook arcade group and you should be able to easily source a 25" bezel.  The bracket will be harder as that isn't the sort of thing that operators tended to salvage off a cabinet when they trashed it, you might have to make your own solution.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Prpl_Turtle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 18, 2022, 10:20:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:32:13 am »
Well that's definitely worth a try and thanks for the advice.  If anybody does have any extra bezels on this site though I would be willing to pay you for one.  Ok off to Facebook, let's see what we can find.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:43:28 am »
It's worth checking The Arcade Boneyard too:
http://thearcadeboneyard.com

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 12:26:44 am »
Well that's definitely worth a try and thanks for the advice.  If anybody does have any extra bezels on this site though I would be willing to pay you for one.  Ok off to Facebook, let's see what we can find.

I probably have a bezel or 4, but they are costly to safely ship, way better just to pick one up local.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.