Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame, GPWIZ 40+ & LED Blinky Integration help - remapping devices?  (Read 1083 times)

tylerwerrin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2022, 02:16:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,

I've been struggling to get this to work for months:

So I have a GPWiz 40+, with two joysticks (player 1 & 2) and eight buttons for each player, plus a trackball. I've been trying and trying to get the LED's mapped correctly to MAME through LED Blinky but it just won't work. I have already set up all my ports, etc, and the lights all work on their own. The trouble is getting it to integrate with Mame.

If I set default controls in Mame, the Joycode changes from "Joy 1" to "Joy 4". Player 2 also changes from "Joy 1" to "Joy 4". The GPWiz seems to see Player 1 and Player 2 as the same, only with different button mapping. For instance, Player 1 "Button 1" would show up as Button 1, but Player 2 "Button 1" would show up as Button 26.

This doesn't really matter for MAME as a button is a button, but integrating it with LED Blinky, I'm having trouble because there are only 16 buttons for each Player in LED Blinky - if a button is showing up as 26, I don't have a port to match that, so the button does not light based on my LED Blinky Output Map.

I've tried using RocketBlinky,  and have found that if I leave the Mame default settings to for Joy 1 and Joy 2 and individually set up each game's controls it will work OK, but it's a huge hassle.

Is there anyone out there willing to check out my setup on Teamviewer to see what I'm doing wrong, or if anyone can suggest a way around this? Or is this just the way it is?