Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GUNS: Mayflash DolphinBar Wii controller interface  (Read 17439 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: GUNS: Mayflash DolphinBar Wii controller interface
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 11:17:31 pm »
Ok so I'm getting there.  The app now quietly sits in the corner constantly checking for new wiimotes and extension controllers.  It needs a bit of cleaning up, but it's only using 1% cpu on my rig in full scan mode so it should be good enough. 

The only thing is I'm using the report normally used to set the leds to constantly check the loop for disconnected wiimotes.  That means external apps can't control the leds/rumble.  I need to see if there is another harmless report I can send that doesn't really effect anything. 

I'm hoping tentatively for some kind of release this upcoming weekend.... giving me just enough time to play a few games before my surgery later this month.

In the meantime, I need help with the ir script.  I can find the midpoint and the tangent, that's simple equation stuff, but I'm not sure how to handle the points to determine where the wiimote is.  The wii does some really clever stuff like read the rotation of the wiimote and estimate a ir position if only one point is found, ect.....  I need "Teh Mathz" people. 

Ironically I think a 4 point setup will be easier to script.  I'll assume you can always see all 4, find the midpoint, and bob's your uncle.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »
I apologize, but I still don't have anything polished enough to release.  We had a pipe issue yesterday and it threw my whole time table off.  Hopefully I can get it done later this week or else it will have to wait until after I've recovered from my surgery. 

bobmoo79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 09:06:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 10:12:32 am »
Hey Howard, did you ever get the end of this development?

I'm just looking at options for integrating light gun functionality into my cab (mainly for MAME, Model 2, model 3) and I don't want to spend money on Aimtrak right now, so Wiimote may be a good option.

If your software isn't really releasable do you know of any other that are better than Wiimote with the dolphin bar? (also not including AimtraK)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2017, 12:54:59 pm »
I wasn't going to make it public but I suppose I owe an explanation.  One of the libraries that I had been using for the program was vjoy.  Headkaze also made a program called vjoy prior to this one and he was rather miffed about the author to the other program stealing the name.  I thought that they had worked it out years ago, but in a thread from shortly after I started working on this, it became apparent that they hadn't. 

HK feels that this other program has stolen revenue from him and that's enough for me.  So after thinking it over a little I halted production and haven't touched it since.  It should be possible to make a version via hk's version of vjoy, but I haven't started yet. 

Glovepie is the only other solution I know of, but the site is currently littered with viruses and getting ppjoy installed can be a pain in the butt.  The dolphin bar's built in stuff isn't terrible, and in the pure data mode any other program can read/write to the wiimotes normally.