Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Thrift store find  (Read 958 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
Thrift store find
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:18:51 pm »
I love America. Got two original Xboxes for $14 each.

I'm thinking of moving one for just Xbox games and not shour about the other. I may eBay it  :dunno
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:16:33 pm by Locke141 »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Present for you Grandfather...
Re: Thrift store find
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 10:31:29 am »

I'm thinking of moving one for just Xbox games and not sure about the other. I may eBay it  :dunno

Do they work?

I snagged three of them for $10 but had system errors.  All were 1.0.  I have an xecutor solderless mod chip so I fitted it and TSOP'd them, added a 80gb HDD and plopped CoinOps 6 and XBMC and sold them for $150 each.  Gotta love those thrift stores.
"I really do feel pity for those who go out of their way to perform a personal slight, than taking the effort in joining the conversation and creating some useful dialogue which would benefit the persons' perusal of this topic.  Yet where would we be without the persistant antagonist?"

pbj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:28 am »
I snagged three of them for $10 but had system errors.  All were 1.0.  I have an xecutor solderless mod chip so I fitted it and TSOP'd them, added a 80gb HDD and plopped CoinOps 6 and XBMC and sold them for $150 each.  Gotta love those thrift stores.

And we can presume that you legally owned all the ROMs you 'plopped' on them?

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 11:42:59 am »

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

knave

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:48:08 am »
I have two in my garage that I will sell you for $14 each!

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:37:39 pm »
i have about 8 or 10 of them.  some original..some softmodded.. one for sure with a modchip.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 07:20:29 pm »

I don't know why I bring out the stupid in you.

"I really do feel pity for those who go out of their way to perform a personal slight, than taking the effort in joining the conversation and creating some useful dialogue which would benefit the persons' perusal of this topic.  Yet where would we be without the persistant antagonist?"

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 07:36:24 pm »

Where did I say that I plopped roms?  Of all people you know that Coinops 6 is released as a stand alone without roms.  Of all people you know of my ROM stance.  Take a hard look at the polar bear above.  I am not going to call you dumb, but you have your moments.  Yotsuya....well.....maybe it is age related.  Who knows? :lol 

You didn't even mention the TSOP.  You are slipping man.   ::)

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 08:50:39 pm »
Riiiiiiiiiiight.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:02 am »
Riiiiiiiiiiight.

So did you guess the second person yet, James?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:50 am »

I don't know why I bring out the stupid in you.

I think you were born that way.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »

ed12

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Offline Offline
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 04:50:45 pm »
tich tich ARK

Present for you Grandfather...
View Profile
 Personal Message (Offline)

Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:31:29 am

QuoteQuote

Quote from: Locke141 on June 21, 2017, 08:18:51 pm

I'm thinking of moving one for just Xbox games and not sure about the other. I may eBay it  :dunno

Do they work?

btw dump-ass that was u

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 10:16:15 pm »
They both work. I get that they are not super valuable but I wanted one and they happened to have two on sale. 

I had one running XBMC back in the day and think I may go the XBMC 4 xbox on this one. Coin opp's looks cool but I don't need a another emulated box. I just want it to play original xbox games. Does coin pop's have any advantages for this I'm over looking?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 05:22:33 pm »
No it is an all in one arcade cab solution.  If you get the massive versions it has a lot of different emulators and roms included,  something stupid like 50gb in size.  I just use the roms I bought or have the boards for over the years and just use mamedox.

Video speaks volumes:

https://youtu.be/N3PlvaoU5Go

Its sad I have to explain myself countless times about the use of roms in my possession.  But the old ladies in here seem to lose it otherwise.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 05:32:53 pm »
tich tich ARK

Present for you Grandfather...
View Profile
 Personal Message (Offline)

Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:31:29 am

QuoteQuote

Quote from: Locke141 on June 21, 2017, 08:18:51 pm

Do they work?

btw dump-ass that was u

ed

Ed, you dose need to calm down when posting replies to my posts.  I know you are excited to do so, but when you rush you get all unintelligent and I have a problem understanding your invaluable comment.  Now slowly explain to me what a dump-ass is.  Is it some new urban lingo?  I can assure you I am not dump-assing any roms ,OK?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31