Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 150-n-1 NES console  (Read 2420 times)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
150-n-1 NES console
« on: June 17, 2017, 12:49:27 pm »
Hey guys - I have a knockoff NES classic. It has 150-n-1 NES games, and I was hoping when I ordered it, I could open it up and find a way to access the system to add additional games, or cull the list that is already there (there are some real stinkers!). Upon opening it, there was nothing inside that would allow your average PC user access.

Anyone have experience with one of these?

To comply with forum rules, I'm not going to post a link.

The game pads with the console are actually really good. If I can't find a way to modify this console, I'm going to try to find a way to convert the joysticks to USB. Does anyone have a good link for converting a serial style joystick to USB? I've done some preliminary reading, but I'm quickly getting into the weeds about DB9 connectors and USB. Funny thing is, some of the connectors I find cost more than the knockoff NES. I was hoping for a way to splice a USB cord and wire it up to these joysticks.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: 150-n-1 NES console
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »
Anyone have experience with one of these?

one of these? this one? or that one? how about that?

:dunno

not in your head man, gonna have to post a link or a picture or a part number or SOMETHING. "Random chinese nes classic" does not bring much up in the googles.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 02:36:30 pm »
The game pads with the console are actually really good. If I can't find a way to modify this console, I'm going to try to find a way to convert the joysticks to USB. Does anyone have a good link for converting a serial style joystick to USB?

Do you have a USB Nes pad ?? - If you do you could swap out the internals other than the PCB with those in the serial one you like (figure the layout should be the same - and the plastic buttons are what makes the feel/performance not the PCB.

EDIT : Here is a convertor board that should work for $0.53 from china http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pro-USB-2-0-to-TTL-UART-6PIN-Module-Serial-Converter-CP2102-STC-Module-K-/352089631593?hash=item51fa2d6b69:g:2eQAAOSwlndZImXH

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:15:00 pm by JDFan »

Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
    • MAME Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 02:47:13 pm »
most of the xx-in-1 nes machines are clone NES hardware, not emulators.

therefore you can't really just swap your own software onto them, as the games have all been carefully modified to work with extended banking schemes etc.

(I've started looking into the emulation of some of them - there are a couple that extend the base NES hardware to give it more colours etc. too)

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 04:21:40 pm »
Sell it. Buy a NES and get a 143 in 1 Cartridge. ;-) The 143 in 1 is pretty much all classics... no light gun games though.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »
We covered this in another thread sorta.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 06:34:44 pm »
We covered this in another thread sorta.

Yeah where people are making their own via 3D Printing.  I am not sure how hard all this is, considering we have a pretty cheap and capable Pizero (or PizeroW with wifi and Bluetooth) and access to a makerbot of some kind, or boat loads of knock off cases.  Heck you could make one out of lego.

Controllers...well there are a couple I know of that are really cheap and easily hack-able like the hyperkin at wallymart for $10.  I like to see you make one of these for $10.  ;D

Adding games is a problem as you need to own them in order to copy them, so I would look on ebay for some old carts.  Other than that, why don't you make a project up so we can follow in the Console forum?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:58 am »
just got my PizeroW. can't wait to fart around with it

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 10:12:54 pm »
Real nes has composite. Raspberry Pi has composite. The Nes and its clones only has hdmi, so it's sh*t.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 11:40:58 am »
just got my PizeroW. can't wait to fart around with it

I have an RPI 1 and a mini nintendo pi case in my amazon cart plus nes usb gamepads.
I have a big CRT that still works also so that is where it's going, with the games i actually want to play and no duplicates.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:41 pm »

I have an RPI 1 and a mini nintendo pi case in my amazon cart plus nes usb gamepads.
I have a big CRT that still works also so that is where it's going, with the games i actually want to play and no duplicates.

:applaud: