Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Emulator Control Panel (Lots of soldering)  (Read 1933 times)

syntax_x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2019, 09:32:44 pm
Emulator Control Panel (Lots of soldering)
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:51 pm »
So who here appreciates a massive amount of soldering??
Finished my center control panel today, which controls emulator functions such as exit reset save state turbo rewind ect.

It also has 4 HDMI ports which are connected to a Bliss box 4-play. The reset buttons for the Bliss box  are above each HDMI port. 
Player 1 and 2 are routed to a set of analog HDMI switches I made from old DB25 printer switches. These switch between using the arcade joystick and buttons or a compatible console controller. 88 solder points per switch end to end! 

Players 3 and 4 are directly connected to the Bliss box as I only have a 2 player arcade.

Nice seamless switching between the arcade panel and console controls, with zero delay encoding. None of this joy2key/autohotkey/vjoy business.
USB IDs never move also which makes hotswapping a breeze.

Hardware all the way!

^ Wii-Classic (Ebay) controllers I padhacked to use with the blissbox,
The female HDMI out is a fast way for me to switch between this emulator setup and a ps360+/Brooks for console gaming.
This is not to be confused with the Blissbox HDMIs, I merely used HDMI because its a small factor reliable plug with more than enough pins for a standard common ground control panel. So my PS360+ also has a female HDMI and the control panel buttons and sticks are connected to a male one.