Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Immersion FFB board in racing emulator cabinet  (Read 2235 times)

ABACABB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 12:37:07 pm
Immersion FFB board in racing emulator cabinet
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:35:19 pm »
I have an Immersion FFB board that I plan on using in a racing cab for emulators (mostly) and possibly a PC game or two.  I just starting to do some testing with the immersion board.  I have a FFB motor setup from Cruisn' USA, it looks exactly like the Happ Active wheel setups on their website for sale (but not currently in stock at the moment).  The original pot is a 5K and it is giving me some odd behavior on the X axis of the Immersion board. When I pull up the Windows game pad calibration screen, turning all the way left registers fine but turning all the way right registers a turn all the way to the right but then the axis moves back left.  The pot tests out fine with a MM so is this the incorrect ohm pot for this board? 

I've also noticed that the N.F.S. arcade series used a different board for the analog inputs.  Anyone know the reason? I'm asking because I'd rather know at this stage in the game how to proceed with my build.  Should I be using a different encoder to handle analog inputs and if so, will the Immersion board still provide signals for my FFB if using an A-Pac type device? I haven't found any videos where someone is successfully using this the way I plan to but it seems like it should be pretty straightforward.   Thanks for any input...