Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Short stem illuminated buttons?  (Read 2428 times)

PhyerFly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2022, 05:38:09 pm
Short stem illuminated buttons?
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:12:27 am »
I've been working on building a bartop arcade from CNC cut kit I bought on Etsy and finally getting to the point where I'm hooking up buttons, but realized that I have a space issue in my control panel.

From this picture you can see that the front panel has three button holes

But after wiring everything up, the front-panel buttons don't fit with the added depth of the microswitches

Rather than try and recut the control panel myself to make more space for the button stems, I was trying to find some illuminated buttons with a shorter stem

I found these with built-in microswitches, but they won't let me pick the button colors I want - so I'd end up spending $24 for the three buttons I need in order to get two red and one white
https://www.amazon.com/EG-Starts-Illuminated-Buttons-Raspberry/dp/B01N11BDX9/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494563265&sr=8-3&keywords=led+button+30mm

I looked through the vendors forum here and none seemed to have what I needed.Does anyone know of another shop that sells short-stemmed illuminated buttons like these that will let me buy them loose?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:01:29 am
  • Designated spam hunter