Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe R82 won't load record  (Read 2597 times)

george r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2017, 09:30:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe R82 won't load record
« on: May 07, 2017, 06:10:30 pm »
I have a R-82 that has a problem loading the record , it is in the arm between the motor gears and the loading gear , there is a piece that is missing an "E" clip I think.
is there any good break down of these parts , and where can i get them or is there any that can fix it

Gilbert Az USA 

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe R82 won't load record
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:06:16 am »
Hello George r,

More than likely you will find that the transfer motor has stripped a tooth (maybe more) on the fibre gear.

You will have to find a replacement motor and fit it into your mechanism/carousel.

Try www.jukeboxparts.com or if you can not find a replacement contact me for a good used spare.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

george r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2017, 09:30:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 08:16:34 am »
it not the motor, its the arm that transfer from the motor gear box up to the record pick up gear, its in the connection point at the bottom , it looks like there is something missing

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:59:58 am »
Contact these suppliers to purchase the R82 Field Service & Parts Manual:

http://rowejukeboxparts.com/

http://www.victoryglass.com/

http://www.alwaysjukin.com/

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 06:00:51 am »
Hello George r,

The plate that is attached to the transfer motor (this plate is held onto the main casting by 3 x 2 BA machine screws) is called the plate & rachet assembly 201-11598 (on the earlier 1100 & 1200 mechanisms with a pop meter there was a ratchet to drive the pop meter). On your plate there should be a plastic guide that the bottom of the transfer link (200-10793) goes through, if this guide has broken then you loose the pivot point.

It could be however that the small casting with the two pins in it on the end of the transfer motor have become loose or damaged. The casting is called the crank & pin assembly (202-10807) it is common that the longer of the two pins has become loose on the rivet that holds it into the casting, I have even seen them drop out.

One of the checks we always do on servicing a 1100 or 1200 mechanism is to remove the 3 screw and drop the transfer assemby down to check the long pin to see if it is loose at all, if it is it is replaced.
The result of using a mechanism with a loose pin is that you do not get a fluid motion of the transfer link, it becomes eratic and adjustments like tone arm and gripper bow are ok one minute and out the next.

If you require any spare parts for the 1100 or 1200 mechanism then I have them in stock.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK