Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xin Mo stuck in "up" position?  (Read 1042 times)

jtb1987

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2021, 01:08:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Xin Mo stuck in "up" position?
« on: April 26, 2017, 11:16:19 pm »
Hey guys,
Slowly but surely I'm making progress on my cabinet; however, I'm stumped yet again.

For some reason, player 1 on my xin mo is now defaulting to "Up". I can only move the cursor in the Xin Mo test settings left and right. I can't move it up and down. When I first open up the Xin Mo test settings, the cursor is defaulting into the "Up" position. I've tried to rearrange the connections from my joystick to different xin mo connections now but no luck.

I had my control panel completely configured and working fine before I installed the CRT emu drivers and groovymame. I hadn't made any other changes other than I wonder if my control panel got bumped somehow and it messed the wiring up. I just don't know what would have caused this to screw up like this. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot further?

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:04:40 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: Xin Mo stuck in "up" position?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 11:45:36 pm »
If you disconnect that wire from the interface, does it still show the up condition?  If so, then the chip likely has an internal short.  This can be the result of a static discharge. No fix.  If it goes back to center when you disconnect the wire, check your switch with a meter to make sure it's working properly. 

jtb1987

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2021, 01:08:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Xin Mo stuck in "up" position?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
If you disconnect that wire from the interface, does it still show the up condition?  If so, then the chip likely has an internal short.  This can be the result of a static discharge. No fix.  If it goes back to center when you disconnect the wire, check your switch with a meter to make sure it's working properly.

I ordered a new xin mo board.