Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME artwork - Can the screen be moved down?  (Read 1528 times)

Random24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:31:16 pm
MAME artwork - Can the screen be moved down?
« on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:33 pm »
Is it possible to move the game screen down using the lay files? I have tried a number of different settings and it always puts the game in the middle of my monitor. When I try to change the "y=" in the bounds section of the screen area it just changes the relative position of all the other elements, not the location of the game on the monitor.

I have been out of the mame scene for about 8 years and am updating my cabinet with a 9:16 monitor to replace the s-video TV that it has used since 1999. Because of the new geometry I am trying to use as much of the screen as I can with marquees and instruction cards.

The issue is that with many games the marquee plus to part of the bezel is taking up all of the space above the game (and sometimes overlapping) while the bottom is often left blank.

If I can find a way to move the game screen to a lower position on my monitor that problem would go away.

I am using MAME 0.183 on Linux Mint 18.1 so any ideas will have to not include windows applications.

Random24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2023, 06:31:16 pm
Re: MAME artwork - Can the screen be moved down?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 03:03:36 pm »
I think I figured it out. I was using the crop artwork option and that was messing up the layout. I have started manually cropping the bezels and disabling artwork crop in mame. Now everything is looking good.