Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Crt_Emudriver installation using a lcd tv - Report.  (Read 2100 times)

Heian_Shodan

• Trade Count: (0)
Crt_Emudriver installation using a lcd tv - Report.
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:13:06 pm »
So I just want to leave this here, so other people may read it if they ever happened to have the same issue. So yesterday I was installing Crt_Emudriver 2.0 with Windows 7 on a Amd Radeon 5450, using the vga input of a lcd tv. After the driver was finished, and crt_emudriver requested a pc reboot, I actually got a "unsupported signal" message on my lcd. I tried with another lcd monitor and had the same message. I then tried to connect on my Sony Trinitron tv, which I was actually going to use for Groovymame, and had a fuzzy/unstable image (I know, that was really stupid, I could have fried my tube). The solution was to use the Hdmi output of the gpu and plug it on the lcd so I could enable the EDID emulation, and then connect to the crt tv. Right now is running great, only thing I've noticed is that usually the correction of the geometry issues of one system causes geometry issues on another system with different resolutions, but nothing really to whine about. So this is only a report, for those that get the unsupported signal message before the edid emulation, DO NOT plug on your crt tube, as I believe you can damage it for good, use the hdmi port instead.

Cheers.