Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: lost the enter button on mame confic on a 128gb image now i cant get back into t  (Read 2521 times)

mebronx2000

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2023, 02:39:34 pm
i was setting up the mame controls on my pie and somehow lost the ability to use the enter function ! is there any way to get that back ? i am using Madlittlepixel 128gb image ! thanks for your help guys !  :dizzy: :banghead: :badmood: :dunno :dunno

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:31:27 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Go into the cfg folder and either delete the default.cfg file and redo all the buttons (i think they will go back to default)

or open it with note pad or a text editor and search for this:

<port type="UI_SELECT">

my button is set to Enter also and it shows

KEYCODE_ENTER

I use MAME .145, Im not sure if the setup will be the same.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:31:27 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Being on the Pi im not sure if you will need to SSH into it or if you can just plug the SD card into a windows machine.

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
Go into the cfg folder and either delete the default.cfg file and redo all the buttons (i think they will go back to default)

or open it with note pad or a text editor and search for this:

<port type="UI_SELECT">

my button is set to Enter also and it shows

KEYCODE_ENTER

I use MAME .145, Im not sure if the setup will be the same.
that worked great thanks for your help !! :applaud:

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Being on the Pi im not sure if you will need to SSH into it or if you can just plug the SD card into a windows machine.

I know the OP question was answered, but for future reference: You can SSH into it, or plug the SD card into a PC. If you plug the SD card into a PC you may need a utility to open the second partition on the card. Usually the boot partition is the only one that pops up by default as a drive. The other partition is in ExtFS which you may have trouble accessing without some extra utility. Once you can access the ExtFS partition where all the good stuff is, you can navigate it like a normal drive and manipulate it like normal. On a Mac, I have to use Paragon ExtFS utility which costs around $30 (I think).

I've also set up a bunch of the folders as samba shares which can be mounted over the network. Using that method you can see most everything, but due to permissions issues, you may not be able to edit everything without some extra setup first.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline

I know the OP question was answered, but for future reference: You can SSH into it, or plug the SD card into a PC. If you plug the SD card into a PC you may need a utility to open the second partition on the card. Usually the boot partition is the only one that pops up by default as a drive. The other partition is in ExtFS which you may have trouble accessing without some extra utility. Once you can access the ExtFS partition where all the good stuff is, you can navigate it like a normal drive and manipulate it like normal. On a Mac, I have to use Paragon ExtFS utility which costs around $30 (I think).

I've also set up a bunch of the folders as samba shares which can be mounted over the network. Using that method you can see most everything, but due to permissions issues, you may not be able to edit everything without some extra setup first.
thanks for the info !