Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with Arcade VGA card  (Read 836 times)

PacAwayDots

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2017, 12:35:52 am
  • Awesomeness
Help with Arcade VGA card
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:06:56 am »
I have an Arcade VGA 5000 card I'm using in my cocktail cabinet. I built this cab last year and was so happy when I got the CRT wired and working, I kinda gave up on doing anything else for a while. So now I have a few things to do to make sure I have everything configured correctly. I want to make sure I'm getting the full benefit of the Arcade VGA card and that authentic arcade look it offers. I have a lot of things to fine tune on this cabinet and I am starting with this. Newer games look great but older games have issues with "ghosting" and just don't look quite right. Would you please be so kind to help with these questions...or point me to some good tutorials for the AVGA? The Ultimarc site has all the instructions, just not always that clear to me.

DirectDraw
  • Ultimarc's site recommends MAME 0.172 or later with the AVGA because "Versions of MAME prior to 0.172 did not support unscaled resolutions using Direct 3D and it is therefore necessary to use DirectDraw".
  • I checked my MAMEUIFX settings and the ROMs directory says I'm using 0.167. Can I just use DirectDraw or should I really worry about getting newer ROMs?

Resolution
  • Also the site talks about configuring each game resolution in the .ini file. I'm totally confused about this part. What do I need to do?

msi A68HI AC
Dual Core 3.8 GZH
8GB RAM (4X2)
WD 1TB HDD
Arcade VGA 5000
Windows 7 (64)