Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Has anybody used Retropie with a Wei-Ya/MakVision 2929 SVGA CRT?  (Read 2475 times)

TGov

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2017, 02:07:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pretty much that.  I have tried to se the config and using an HDMI to VGA converter but I still get the 'Out of Range' signal on boot.  Would love to use this in place of a full PC (which is a PIA to setup with the 2929 as well)

Any ideas or experience? 
Thanks

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am

TGov

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2017, 02:07:54 pm
Re: Has anybody used Retropie with a Wei-Ya/MakVision 2929 SVGA CRT?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »
It isn't a 15kz monitor, but maybe some of those setting will work.  Thanks.

langlem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 12:23:49 am
Re: Has anybody used Retropie with a Wei-Ya/MakVision 2929 SVGA CRT?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »
I have a raspi, running retropie set up to a crt arcade monitor via an hdmi to vga adapter and it works great.

I am sorry, I am not near the cabinet to see exactly what monitor it is as its at my sons place... It has a vga hook up and I am fairly certain it was a Wells Gardner 19K3100...

Anyway, I simply went in and Opened config file and uncommented the hdmi_safemode to get it to boot into vgamode and after a restart it looks great.

Not sure if it would be that simple for you...but I am real interested to hear how it turns out because I have a line on that exact same monitor that I am considering for an upcoming project.

Good luck!