Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pandora's Box 4 No control input  (Read 2250 times)

Jimd0586

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2020, 10:27:57 pm
  • Novice Arcade builder
Pandora's Box 4 No control input
« on: April 08, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »
Hey all. I put together a cabinet with Pandora's box 4 and have the power supply hooked up, etc. The visuals display on the monitor just fine and I am in the menu, but the controls are not working. I hooked up the Jamma harness to the buttons correctly and I have the grounds connected to everything. Any ideas? Is there something I should know about Pandora's Box?

Any help would be appreciated.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:04:09 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Pandora's Box 4 No control input
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 09:40:28 pm »
it's either DOA or you have a messed up ground someplace.

just a forewarning for the JAMMA harness... although a standard JAMMA fits it, it's not 100% JAMMA. they have repurposed a ground at the end of the harness for an additional button. (Position E and 27)

if you plug a regular JAMMA harness into it, you have to clip the wires attached to E and 27 and make sure they aren't tied to the other grounds, nor is any button using it as a ground.