Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dual monitor issues GroovyMame  (Read 1601 times)

Vincefaro

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2023, 04:52:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Dual monitor issues GroovyMame
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:48:58 am »
Hi All, Here is my situation. I am have two Monitors one D9800 CRT and one 26 Inch LCD .
I am trying to configure my machine to run dual monitors with Hyoerspin using a Windows 7 machine with a ATI 4550
with Groovymame. I am trying to get the D9800 to play Mame only not the LCD and right now it is playing on both monitors.

Calamity I searched a thread that said thiYou need a version of GM that is based on Switchres 0.015 at least. From GM main thread:

- LCD marquee support: as a consequence of multi-monitor support, now you can use GroovyMAME with an LCD secondary monitor for marquees. You have to set "use_marquees 1" in mame.ini, use a layout that contains marquee artwork, and these options:

Code: [Select]
groovymame.exe 1942 -numscreens 2 -view1 marquee

You should use -screen0 \\.\DISPLAY#

Replace # by the number of display that represents your CRT. This is because Switchres will only operate on that monitor. This way the LCD will be kept at its native resolution.
Report to moderator     Logged

In my Mame.ini file under

#OSD Video options I have

numscreen 2

but for I dont know what to change

# OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS

screen0                           auto
screen1                           auto
view0                              auto
view1                              marquee

DO I need to change these setting in mame.ini?

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:45:00 pm by Vincefaro »