Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe R93 volume contorl issue  (Read 2010 times)

oak_woodcrafter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2017, 03:47:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe R93 volume contorl issue
« on: February 09, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »
Hi...I have a R93 that only works on the left channel, I have jumped  the volume control on the amp and both channels work at max volume so I know the amplifier and transformer assembly is ok , but for some reason with the volume control cable hooked up only the left channel works...the volume control wires (from the pot on the back of the jukebox red and black) connect black to common and red to phono speakers and the jumper is in place from the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom terminals where it says stereo does this have something to do with the jumper being wrong or any ideas why only one channel works with the volume control?...thanks for your help

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe R93 volume contorl issue
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:38:16 am »
Hello,

Turn your volume control plug connector the other way around, if this does not sort out the problem.

rewire it direct to your 10k ohm log pot in the following manor

Pin 1 & 5 link together and take a cable to one endof the control.
Pin 3 take to the wiper on the control.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

oak_woodcrafter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2017, 03:47:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Rowe R93 volume contorl issue
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:47:35 pm »
Thanks for the help Alan...Long as I know the amp is good I know it has something to do with the wiring in the cabinet...assume someone at one time had a remote volume hooked to it and didn't get things hooked back up after that was removed and the juke was put up for sale...The juke is my sons and I haven't had a chance to get back down where he lives to try your fix...again appreciate the help