Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: $20 smoked plexi glass?? look here  (Read 2065 times)

NiN^_^NiN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2020, 10:28:26 pm
  • Oh yeah Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat
$20 smoked plexi glass?? look here
« on: January 24, 2004, 07:42:15 am »
Hey thought id share with u guys a cheap way to get smokes plexi glass effect :)

I brought this do it yourself limo tinting from a auto shop for $20 and it didnt really work for me as i couldnt get it on proper without taking my windows out which screwed it up cause it scracted the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- out of it when i put it back anyway.

I wanted to hide certin stickytape from the blackcardboard i had on my monitor and i remembered the tint

i sprayed some water on the glass then laying the tint over it and rub the air bubbles out and it looked great :)

i trimed the edges with a stanely knife and when i put it on the screen area was BLACK

i couldnt see anything then i thought hmmm its limo tint can i see the screen so i fired up the pc and the screen and BAM it look great nothing but the screen u could see and it only cost $20 and 2mins max :)

its a great cheap simple way i think

you might be able to put it on the inside of the glass if your woried about it getting scratched

i can see throught it both sides the same i guess 1 side is just the sticky side when water drops are applyed.

but yeah cheap simple and oh so cool so what do u think?

its big enough to put on a cocktail cab and the roll covers all 4 doors of a car with leftovers :)

i think 4 cocktails could be done and have a very short bit left for a plexi control panel not that u would use it for that :)

so what do u guys think?

MonitorGuru

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2005, 11:29:43 pm
Re:$20 smoked plexi glass?? look here
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 11:44:53 am »
You can get 85% or 70% (I think those are the numbers) grey tint at Wal-Mart for ~$10 a roll that will do multiple machines.

It works great.  Just be sure to add a touch of soap in the water spray bottle first to help get out all the bubble and let you smooth it out easier/shift it if you dont get it right the first time.

NiN^_^NiN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2020, 10:28:26 pm
  • Oh yeah Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat
Re:$20 smoked plexi glass?? look here
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 08:53:59 pm »
Thanks for the tip :)

i think its alot better than getting smoked plexi glass cause u can try out different % of shade

also im in australia and it cost $20 down here so its even better in usa  ;D