Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I'm sorry, but you have not lived.......  (Read 2671 times)

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
I'm sorry, but you have not lived.......
« on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:27 am »
until you've played this:

with this.....

First of all I want to wish all BYOAC gamers a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

I got an Oculus Rift for Christmas. Let me tell you.....it is absolutely

*BANANAS* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.....Virtual Reality is the REAL DEAL guys!!! You can play F-Zero GX in Dolphin in VR!!!!!! That's right, Dolphin works with the Rift and OH MY GOD.....F-ZeroGX in Vritual Reality is **INSANE**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it is just ridiculously and outrageously INCREDIBLE! YOU....ARE....CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN THE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can look around and see the other hovercrafts right next to you and it all looks REAL! Like you are really there! I was blown the ---fudgesicle--- away!!!!!!

Some people complain that the rift is too blurry or has too much screendoor effect. Well, I couldn't disagree more. Dolphin, when tweaked with the right settings, makes F-Zero GX look just fine in the Rift. The image may not be quite as sharp as on a flat monitor, but it's more than adequate and looks just fine. Any shortcomings in IQ are MORE than compensated by the sheer sense of depth you feel when you're playing the game. You feel like you're in the world and on the track controlling the hovercraft. It's hard to explain, you just have to try it. I am now hooked again on F-Zero GX because of the Oculus Rift. It is without question the most mind boggling experience I've had in gaming in a while, and playing it with my Bodnar FFB wheel with the force feedback cranked high is actually *SUPERIOR* to the arcade cabinet experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, some people who tried the Rift say they suffered a little bit of motion sickness. Well if you are susceptible to motion sickness from virtual reality then stay far FAAAAR away from this game lol! It's a real doozy! Thank god I'm not affected by VR and don't experience any nausea or motion sickness whatsoever. I feel lucky because this experience is indescribably awesome!!!

Any Rift owners who hasn't already, needs to try F-Zero GX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:48:21 am
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Re: I'm sorry, but you have not lived.......
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 05:13:55 am »
Yeah the updated Dolphin emu is cool to play with in VR. I've been playing Zelda windwaker with the HTC vive. Once you get the settings adjusted its really fun. I will give this game a go though.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 04:46:17 pm »
Time for this F-Zero thread to wise from it's gwave!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 03:42:20 am »
LOL I was  gonna make a  new thread about your vid mate but ya beat me to it!

Everyone needs to watch MT's vid because its nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!! :notworthy:

Made a thread about it on RE as well...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/f-zero-gx-retro-review-by-mr-thunderwing.752671/

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 06:38:24 pm »
Nice one dude! Thanks for the video plug over at Resetera!