Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeVGA 5000 driver - "does not support this version of Windows"??  (Read 2642 times)

UberCade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2021, 11:22:32 pm
So I'm still having an issue getting the ArcadeVGA 5000 driver installed on a fresh OS. I'm using the driver downloaded from the Ultimarc website, which I presume is supposed to work. In Windows 7 64-bit, when trying to install via the setup.exe file using Catalyst install manager, the HDMI audio driver installs fine, but I keep getting a "failed" error for the display driver. I then tried to manually install the driver via the "update driver" method in Device Manager and manually selecting the INF file, select the option to "install the driver anyway" in the unsigned driver warning dialog, and I get the following error:

Yes the image is from Windows 8.1, because I figured I'd install 8.1 and see if I could get the driver installed, but I get the same error message. It's the exact same error message in Windows 7. So according to this, the driver on the Ultimarc website which says it's for Windows 7/8 64-bit, is not compatible with the version of Windows, which is 7 and 8.1 64-bit? Everything was working fine before I re-installed Windows. What am I missing? I tried to Google for help but there are literally no results for this error with an ArcadeVGA, and I can't imagine I'm the only person in the world to have this problem...

Dudeman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2023, 06:30:25 pm
  • Ecky ecky ecky ecky P'Tang! Zoop-boing mmmzoesm...
Re: ArcadeVGA 5000 driver - "does not support this version of Windows"??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 03:08:55 pm »
Did you ever find a resolution? I'm having the same issue.

trevorbc9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2017, 12:45:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: ArcadeVGA 5000 driver - "does not support this version of Windows"??
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:39:06 pm »
Same here. I cant get the drivers to install. Contacted Andy from Ultimarc and couldn't find a solution either.