Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help Needed With WGM2792, No Picture  (Read 2103 times)

kardenm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2019, 09:14:35 am
Help Needed With WGM2792, No Picture
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »
Need help with a 25"(?) CRT from a Silver Strike bowling game.  Sticker on the chassis says WGM2792.
The game powers up and I can hear the game playing, the monitor is getting 120v and the fuse is good but that's as far as it goes.  No picture, no HV.
There is a small relay (H1AA012T) on the board in the power supply section.  This relay is ticking (turning on and off) about once a second.

Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated.
I will attempt to attach pics of the board, relay and cabinet.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:49:09 pm by kardenm »
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice.....there is!!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:04:23 pm
Re: Help Needed With WGM2792, No Picture
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 05:06:31 am »
these can be very difficult to repair
first thing to check is the HOT and the fet's,caps will need checking also-look for any burnt components like resistors
if the HOT is short you should remove and inspect the deflection yoke for corrosion,they used a paint around the neck that over time flakes off onto the inner part of the deflection yoke and rots through the insulation of the copper wire thus causing a short-if this is not put right then no matter how many times you repair the chassis on power up it will fault again
flyback is another component that is a common fault

absolutely tons to check on these and sometimes you are lucky and they can be an easy fix,other times not so

wells gardners website has a fault guide to these and there are fault guides on other forums,these will be of great help to you

of course quickest way to sort this is buy a replacement chassis,seen some on ebay but if your yoke is short they will fault quite quickly

its a 27" crt btw,the wgm2792 code means first 2 digits are size and second two digits are model number

kardenm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2019, 09:14:35 am
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:14:21 am »
Thanks grantspain. Appreciate willingness to help and extensive knowledge.
Doesn't sound very hopeful and may be beyond my capabilities and/or patience.
I'll try the WG website. any specific links? Also may try ebay to buy another chassis.
I would assume there is a way to test the yoke somehow before I buy a replacement.?
I'll see what I can figure out and post back.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice.....there is!!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:04:23 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 06:59:53 pm »
trouble with testing the yoke is that it will almost certainly read ok until it has been powered-then the short will occur
only way to be sure is to remove an inspect