Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone got center spring working with x360e?  (Read 4162 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Anyone got center spring working with x360e?
« on: November 22, 2016, 05:00:58 am »
I was trying to setup a game called redout on my cabs with fanatec gt2 wheels. Kinda similar to wipe out and f zero but was bummed when I relised it had no wheel support.

However found out about x360e and have got it working pretty good and even got some ffb when I hit walls etc. However I get no center spring at all which sucks, has anyone found a way to add this?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Anyone got center spring working with x360e?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:03 pm »
Well I can write a program to set a spring, but typically whatever app has focus resets it.  Do you have profiler software for the wheel?  Maybe add 360e as a game and override the spring settings?

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 09:57:24 am »
x360ce doesn't support spring. You need to use this alternative from Racer_S, which I think i uploaded ages ago. Adjust the parameters using the ini file.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:03:40 am by isamu »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 03:27:10 am »
awesome isamu it works well

unfortunately I can't copy this straight over to my game with the other dll files as I have to overwrite xinput3.dll and then my wheel doesn't work ingame anymore.

However I can launch the xinput test program (and keep open) and then launch redout and then it seems to work so im happy!

Much better having center spring while racing around and still has the ffb when I hit walls etc

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:18:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 07:01:08 am »

unfortunately I can't copy this straight over to my game with the other dll files as I have to overwrite xinput3.dll and then my wheel doesn't work ingame anymore.

However I can launch the xinput test program (and keep open) and then launch redout and then it seems to work so im happy!

Much better having center spring while racing around and still has the ffb when I hit walls etc

No problem mate! That's why Racer_S made this app, because it's purpose is for games such as this. Comes in handy in MAME games too, like Ridge Racer, etc. Oh and in MAME I made a batch file that when clicked upon, launches the rom and the XinputTest exe, so the spring kicks in automatically  :cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 10:06:02 am »

If you mean in your system dir, windows looks for dlls in the parent folder of the game first, so you may be able to put it there and override.  It doesn't always work, but it usually does. 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 12:05:09 pm »
He's got the x360ce DLL in the game folder being used.  The issue is that he needs to use two custom DLL files simulteneously for different purposes.