Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WG K7000 Monitor (Leland Corp. Super Off-Road) is frozen with random image  (Read 1363 times)

Mercuryfox50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2016, 08:20:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Recently I purchased a Leland Corp. Super Off-Road Arcade Game equipped with what I believe is a WG K7000 monitor.
Before I purchased the unit and a couple of times after I purchased the unit, the game worked as it should.
Since then, when I turn the unit on, the monitor displays a frozen random image.
There is no sound or motion from the unit.
Aside from loose connections, if someone would be able to provide me with some items to check it would be helpful.
Thanks,
Ben

DudeRegular

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2024, 10:50:27 pm
  • I have no idea what I am doing
That is more likely a game board issue than a monitor issue I bet.

I don't know anything specific for your game, so general tips to start.
Check connections as you mentioned then check voltages at the power supply and Jamma harness.

Check any chips that may not be seated in the sockets correctly. You can slightly press to see if they pop into place.

Mercuryfox50

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2016, 08:20:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Per lilshawn's advice, I pried-up and pushed-down each socketed chip on both main boards, checked each harness connectors and tightened each ground.
Turned the machine on and she works like a dream!
Ben