Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mouse to gamepad  (Read 2007 times)

gusman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2004, 01:47:04 am
  • I'm a llama!
Mouse to gamepad
« on: January 20, 2004, 01:50:33 am »
I've been trying to figure out how I could hack a mouse to work as the right joystick for an Xbox controller. It would be great to use a mouse and keyboard for Halo and other FPS's. Any ideas or links?

Dave_K.

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re:Mouse to gamepad
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 12:15:59 pm »
I looked into this a couple years ago when xbox first came out.  Unfortunally this is not an easy task.  I researched lots on the ps2 mouse protocol and analog converters.

Some company in Austrailia was supposed to come out with an xbox mouse combo called "the Claw" specifically for FPS games...but I believe microsoft blocked them...to this day it still hasn't been released.
http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/hw/xbox/0205/60572.html

gibble

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2015, 05:40:59 pm
    • CaffeinatedGeek.ca
Re:Mouse to gamepad
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 02:55:03 pm »
Boourns :(

I know ALOT of people who won't buy an xbox for the sole reason that you can't play an FPS with a joystick.

A mouse and keypad are still the BEST controls for the game.