Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Raspberry pi handheld emulator  (Read 2758 times)

Duhjoker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2016, 08:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Raspberry pi handheld emulator
« on: August 28, 2016, 04:21:12 am »
   HI guys

I've been playing around with Pi for a while and have already built a portable version to replace my laptop for out of the house applications.

Any way I want to build thin held hand game system using a Pi 3 and a 3.5 inch TFT. I've started the build process but I've run into a problem. I'm using thie instructables tutorial for a $20 handheld using a Pi 3 but a couple of the gpio pins it tells me to use for buttons are already occupied by the TFT.

So what I'm asking is if I can use any of the other gpio pins that aren't being used instead?

Here's the tutorial link....

http://www.instructables.com/id/20-Portable-Raspberry-Pi-Game-Console/step5/Setup-the-Buttons-D-Pad-A-B-X-and-Y/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:23:21 am by Duhjoker »

Richie_jones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:04:21 pm
Re: Raspberry pi handheld emulator
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:01:24 am »
That link takes over my browser!!

Duhjoker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2016, 08:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Raspberry pi handheld emulator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:47:16 pm »
Nothing I can do about that. It's thier web page it does the same to me, I just have to grin and bare it.

The way websites are built now with so much advertising and just general crap, it causes super long scripts that are very hard on a computers browser and even tablets so it cause the web browser to restart the page over and over again trying to finish the script.