Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Running my New Cab Off My Laptop, Dual Boot or Better Way?  (Read 534 times)

gregor7777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2022, 04:07:00 pm
  • I'm your huckleberry. Say When...
Running my New Cab Off My Laptop, Dual Boot or Better Way?
« on: January 18, 2004, 04:04:02 pm »
Hi all,

My new cab with have the proper inputs to run completly with my laptop just jacked in to a keyboard, USB, Video and Audio Jack on the side of the cab (money reasons for now).

Anyhow I use this system for other things like school and work, so I'd like that to be seperate from my MAME stuff.

What I think I'd like to do is to be able to dual boot WinXP, one with my normal stuff on it, and the other booting directly into some front end with a minimal amout of software running.

Would it be easier and better to run this setup as just different users on one WinXP setup, or two seperate setups of WinXP on two different logical drives?

BTW, if possible I'd like to not have to use anything but the joystick and buttons on the CP to boot into whatever setup I choose. Meaning, either selecting the correct user with a down stroke of the joystick for example, or a custom "boot selector" which would respond to a joystick or button press.

Anyone have an opinion? :)