Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Amtrak Light Gun on Retropie?  (Read 11758 times)

Jimd0586

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2020, 10:27:57 pm
  • Novice Arcade builder
Amtrak Light Gun on Retropie?
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:54:08 pm »
I did a search before posting but didn't see anything on this topic... though I'm sure someone has already asked.

I have my pi up and running and I have ordered the parts to construct a cabinet. I plan to use a flat LCD screen and yes I know that the NES zapper needs a 15khz CRT. However, I saw that Aimtrak makes a light gun that uses sensors and thus works on an LCD and is USB. While it's not the classic zapper, does anyone know if it works with Retropie and how it would need to be calibrated? Does it require a modified Duck Hunt rom for example to work? I think it mimics a mouse click, but anyway... main question... will it work you think?

Thanks guys for any help.

Jim

jtslade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2024, 08:02:12 pm
  • Keep it looking originallish!
Re: Amtrak Light Gun on Retropie?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:21:09 pm »
I think Andy has not made anything that works with the pie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ms. Pacman Original Cocktail with Non destructive mod to Groovy Arcade Linux with All 4way Vertical Cocktail capable 2 button or less games.

Neo Geo MVS Mame Cab Running Hyperspin, 25" Nanao Arcade Monitor, Mini-pac, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (ATOM-15), IL 8 Way Euro-Sticks from Paradise Arcade, Win XP 64bit, and tons of other junk.

mike5im5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2021, 03:22:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:45:28 am »
Yes the aimtrak light guns do work. I've only tried the one so far but will try plugging in a second. Only tried with AdvanceMame but that worked fine (zeroblank, operation wolf, terminator 2 etc).

I don't believe you'll be able to calibrate it from linux however. To calibrate, you'll probably have to run a windows machine through the tv to calibrate the first time (I believe the config is held on the aimtrak so this should then work afterwards on the pi).

Jimd0586

• Offline Offline
  • Novice Arcade builder
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:52:54 pm »
Thanks!

Jimd0586

• Offline Offline
  • Novice Arcade builder
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:30:26 pm »
Mike5im5,

Aimtrak stores the config in the gun? Interesting. Either way, it worked with mame. While I want to use it with my pi, if I can't get it to work I guess I can use it on my computer.