Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: UncleTs SpyHunter Info: (Attn: Xiaou2 and pocketbikez)  (Read 2356 times)

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
UncleTs SpyHunter Info: (Attn: Xiaou2 and pocketbikez)
« on: January 14, 2004, 10:57:38 pm »
Ok, I finally had a chance to sit down and configure the cabinet for Spyhunter and it did not work so great at first.  Basically when I turned the SpyHunter steering wheel to the left, the white car turns quickly to the left, but when I turned it to the right the car slowly moved to the right.    Seems like when I put the steering wheel assembly together the pot was not lined up correctly.  It was adjusted to far to the left so when I wanted to go right, it barely went right.   Anyway, that was a long explanation which basically gets me to my points....

unclet's point2: I had to remove the SpyHunter assembly from my cabinet to adjust the gear for the pot so I can now tell you that I am definitely using a 5K pot and not a 1K like you were wondering.

unclet's point1: For Pole Position and Spy Hunter, I use my "return to center" shifter with no problem to "shift" gears during gameplay.  I push the shifter forward and it activates a switch but then goes back to center which then quickly deactivates the switch.   If I had to use my Low/High "non-return to center" shifter then yes I would have to shift it into Low (activating the one switch) then move it manually back to High (to deactivate the one switch) and this would be a pain.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 10:57:55 pm by unclet »