Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Stupid question - after installing CRT Emudriver can I use my normal LCD or not?  (Read 1218 times)

fcobenitez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 12:36:40 pm
Hello and thank you all to those who are willing to help me

I'm finalizing the installation of WinXP + Groovymame, I had to install the official Catalyst drivers to test if my 9200 AGP GPUs would run fine my games, and it seems they do...
Now, I just need to install CRT Emudriver driver, but I don't know if, after restarting, I will still be able to keep using my LCD connected to the VGA output, because I don't have the arcade monitors up and running yet (the guy who sold them to me has to come here and install them).

So is this possible? Or after I install the CRT_Emudriver driver there's no turning back, and the only option of getting a working signal for my generic 15" LCD is to format XP?

Also, I've been reading about Groovyarcade LINUX, and would like to know what's the difference between manually installing CRT_Emudriver on WinXP and using Groovymame VS using the ISO for Groovyarcade and just using this one. I have two 25" 15/24khz monitors if that helps.

Thanks!!

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2024, 06:37:45 am
  • retro maniac
There is always fail-safe boot option. Other option is boot temporarily some linux from pendrive of CD. From my personal experience if You set resolution other than 640x480 for desktop then after restart You should still see picture on LCD.

There is also other option (personally used) - take LCD that can support interlaced resolutions. Most of LCDs with HDMI will support 640x480@60i.

fcobenitez

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 12:36:40 pm
Thanks Haynor, didn't thought about using Fail Safe option.