Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Possible source for cheap lcd monitors?(ntsc)  (Read 2291 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Possible source for cheap lcd monitors?(ntsc)
« on: June 07, 2002, 01:50:14 am »
I was browsing around looking for lcd monitors for various projects when it hit me.  What about those lcd's to make the newer console systems portable?  So I started looking.  The gamecube lcd is self-contained, in a square frame, and best of all has secondary inputs for additional systems!  So all a person would have to do is get the power pinouts of the display and make an adapter to run a normal power cable to it.  These screens run around 100 bucks (if you price lcds you know that to get a display that large that doesn't require major modding is really good) and are 6 inch displays.  The interface part of the screen is on a hinge which would make it perfect for mounting in a car or other wierd places.  Plus they come in all the gamecube colors, so there isn't really a need to paint the frame.  (black,purple,green,ect)  

So guys any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Brent Strache

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Possible source for cheap lcd monitors?(ntsc)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 07:07:10 am »
How about one of these lcd monitors at Parts Express.  I have bought many things from this company to complete my Mame projects.  

"A high quality 5.6" LCD video module for headrest or other custom installations! * Works on a standard composite video signal from any VCR, DVD, video camera or video game * Features auto switch circuitry that turns on the monitor when a video signal is present * Includes shroud for easy headrest mounting * Wide 45

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 12:01:25 pm »
Yes I have ordered one of these car LCD 6" screens from Partsexpress also for a project at work.  The only thing you will need to think about is the fact that it is expecting DC power, instead of AC...unless you are actually planning on using it in the car...hmmm....portable mame cabinet in my car....hmmm....I can just see me driving off the road while playing beserk!

jakobud

StephenH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 10:55:06 pm »
It might be best to check out camcorder shops.    I bet they sell some of these for video preview.    They are more likely to have NTSC.  

Also, you might check out the portable LCD handheld TVs, and see if any have composite in.  

The problem with most computer LCDs, is that many have a properitary digital interface.