Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 996435 times)

POPO69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hoping someone can help. Target Terror Gold using dolphin/demulshooter I can't get the shoot off screen reload to work. Using gun4ir. Any help is appreciated

Anyone?

@argonlefou any ideas on this please?

Hello I found on youtube the patch to play2 player gun4ir on the game. Does anyone do the test?

YoBoys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 05:09:36 pm
Where's the patch?

POPO69

• Offline Offline
voila mon ami

YoBoys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 05:09:36 pm
voila mon ami

That's not Target Terror

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3324 on: September 05, 2023, 03:30:08 am »
Hi Argon. :)

I would like to talk about the 3D features of Dark Escape 4D.

Those of you who have played this game in the arcade will know that it is a game with a great 3D effect. Playing this game in 2D mode and 3D mode are completely different experiences.

Recently, it became playable with the Rpcs3 emulator.
Anyone who has a 1080p passive 3DTV can play the game in 3D by setting it to 3D in test mode.
For that, you need to set the default resolution to 1920x1080 in custom configuration.
(excute Rpcs-gun, Dark Escape 4D banner -> Right click, create custom cunfiguration)

However, if I set it to 1920x1080, the aim becomes inaccurate even if I use demulshooter.

I ask for help. Is it possible to aim correctly even at 1080p default resolution settings?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 03:33:46 am by hyo2012 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:58:34 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3325 on: September 05, 2023, 08:05:01 am »

Those of you who have played this game in the arcade will know that it is a game with a great 3D effect. Playing this game in 2D mode and 3D mode are completely different experiences.

Anyone who has a 1080p passive 3DTV can play the game in 3D by setting it to 3D in test mode.
For that, you need to set the default resolution to 1920x1080 in custom configuration.
(excute Rpcs-gun, Dark Escape 4D banner -> Right click, create custom cunfiguration)

However, if I set it to 1920x1080, the aim becomes inaccurate even if I use demulshooter.

I ask for help. Is it possible to aim correctly even at 1080p default resolution settings?
Hi,

Indeed, I tried to change the game resolution in the emulator config and this causes the aim to be off.

The explanation is simple : DemulShooter has hardcoded 1280x720 resolution for the game (because.....it was the original values of the game)
Aim is easily rectified if I change that value to 10920x1080

The question will now be : I need to find somewhere in the game/emulator memory where that value is stored so that DemulShooter can read it and adapt accordingly.
I won't be able to search for that before a week or two, but here's a modified DemulShooterX64.exe with hardcoded 1920x1080 resolution for DeadEscape that you can use to wait for a more solid solution

« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 08:06:43 am by argonlefou »

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3326 on: September 05, 2023, 12:49:56 pm »

Hi,

Indeed, I tried to change the game resolution in the emulator config and this causes the aim to be off.

The explanation is simple : DemulShooter has hardcoded 1280x720 resolution for the game (because.....it was the original values of the game)
Aim is easily rectified if I change that value to 10920x1080

The question will now be : I need to find somewhere in the game/emulator memory where that value is stored so that DemulShooter can read it and adapt accordingly.
I won't be able to search for that before a week or two, but here's a modified DemulShooterX64.exe with hardcoded 1920x1080 resolution for DeadEscape that you can use to wait for a more solid solution

Thanks for quick reply, Argon :)

I tried modified demulshooterx64.exe
The aiming point is accurate on the stage select screen, but in actual game play, aiming point is restricted by 1280x720 upper left screen range.
I think the actual play screen is limited to 2/3 of the stage select screen range.
Original demulshooterx64.exe act same way on 1920x1080 resolution setting. Stage select is restricted by 1280x720 range, and game play is more restricted about 2/3 of 1280 x 720
So, in order to aim accurately in actual gameplay with 1920x1080 resolution, it seems that demulshooterx64.exe needs to be modified to 2880x1620 resolution. (2880 x 2/3 = 1920)
Is that possible?
I'm worried that I'm bothering you.
Thank you so much.

Below is my rpcs3 setting for who interested in 3d game play on Dark Escape 4D.
In custom configuration, Default resolution 1920 x 1080 and Resolution Scale 600%. Output Scaling nearest.
You can set Resolution Scale 150% but you can see visual artifacts on 150% setting.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 01:17:24 pm by hyo2012 »

GaussTek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2023, 05:46:36 pm
« Reply #3327 on: September 06, 2023, 12:32:36 am »
Hello!

Thanks for your hard work! Can you reupload the Dead Escape 3D patcher from first post? Link is dead (or perhaps the patcher isn't needed anymore?)

Thank you again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3328 on: September 06, 2023, 03:55:03 am »
Hmm, I didn't went past the select screen to test  :'(

So yes, it's not working.
But even a 2880x1620 harcoded value wouldn't work : the game must crop values somewhere (it is usual that game makes sure values don't go out of their wanted axis range values) and it becomes a total mess on screen.

There are some cropping that have already been removed (mainly to allow moving the cursor to the border of the screen, it initially is stuck with some kind of margin, not to go into GUI drawings)
But changing that, means unpacking the game again and search in the PPU cache files, etc....etc....
All of that to make a new PPU patch
It's not only DemulShooter-related

Unfortunatelly, it''s way too time expensive for beeing possible right now :(

That's a very good example for why, as a general rule, messing with display settings on a lightgun game (and even more when it's emulated) is not a good thing to do  ;D

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3329 on: September 06, 2023, 08:41:39 am »
Hmm, I didn't went past the select screen to test  :'(

So yes, it's not working.
But even a 2880x1620 harcoded value wouldn't work : the game must crop values somewhere (it is usual that game makes sure values don't go out of their wanted axis range values) and it becomes a total mess on screen.

There are some cropping that have already been removed (mainly to allow moving the cursor to the border of the screen, it initially is stuck with some kind of margin, not to go into GUI drawings)
But changing that, means unpacking the game again and search in the PPU cache files, etc....etc....
All of that to make a new PPU patch
It's not only DemulShooter-related

Unfortunatelly, it''s way too time expensive for beeing possible right now :(

That's a very good example for why, as a general rule, messing with display settings on a lightgun game (and even more when it's emulated) is not a good thing to do  ;D

Oh, I see. Thank you for your reply. ;D

However, the actual gameplay range was expanded when using demulshooterx64.exe in the 1080p version compared to when using the 720p version.
When I use 720p version of demulshooterx64.exe on 1080p setting of rpcs3, actual game play range is not reaching even half of screen, but using 1080p version of demulshooter, play range expanded to 2/3 of screen.
This is why I thought it was related to the resolution value of demulshooterx64.exe rather than simply cropping in the game.

So, if you modify demulshooterx64.exe to 2880x1620 resolution, even if the aim moves a little more than the actual lightgun aim on the stage select screen, the aim seems to be correct in actual gameplay, I think. :P

If it is not difficult to modify demulshooterx64.exe at 2880x1620 resolution, I would appreciate it if you could give it a try. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 08:50:24 am by hyo2012 »

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3330 on: September 06, 2023, 08:49:32 am »
I posted the wrong comment by mistake. But seems to I can't delete it. So I am edited it.:P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 08:55:28 am by hyo2012 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3331 on: September 06, 2023, 08:56:43 am »
If it is not difficult to modify demulshooterx64.exe at 2880x1620 resolution, I would appreciate it if you could give it a try. :)
Unfortunately, as I said previously, changing it with these values results in nothing but a mess : cursor is jumping everywhere

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3332 on: September 06, 2023, 09:17:06 am »
Unfortunately, as I said previously, changing it with these values results in nothing but a mess : cursor is jumping everywhere

All right. Thank you for your hard work.
Still, I am satisfied because it plays very well in 2D with the 720p setting. :applaud:
Later when you have time, I'd appreciate it if you could check it out at 1080p settings. :D

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
« Reply #3333 on: September 10, 2023, 08:09:15 am »
Is there a way argon can make demulshooter work with the standalone version of "Time crisis 4" on rpcs3? its the best version cause you can disable the gun crosshair so its just like the arcade version.
in the razing storm collection version you cant.

ThatOneSeong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:32:33 pm
  • Just your average Seong.
    • Twitter
« Reply #3334 on: September 10, 2023, 06:33:47 pm »
Is there a way argon can make demulshooter work with the standalone version of "Time crisis 4" on rpcs3? its the best version cause you can disable the gun crosshair so its just like the arcade version.
That would require Guncon 3 support, which hasn't been implemented into RPCS3 yet, would it not? Kinda need a working implementation of a gun controller to hook into in the first place.

POPO69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3335 on: September 11, 2023, 08:06:19 am »
Hello, who can share the mamehooker.ini of Operation Ghost Game please? I play with GUN4IR. I have many problem with sub-machine gun. Very very thanks

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3336 on: September 11, 2023, 11:00:41 am »
That would require Guncon 3 support, which hasn't been implemented into RPCS3 yet, would it not? Kinda need a working implementation of a gun controller to hook into in the first place.

I tought maybe he can bypass it somehow like he did in the special rpcs3 build for dark escape and etc.

ThatOneSeong

• Offline Offline
    • Twitter
« Reply #3337 on: September 11, 2023, 11:44:29 am »

I tought maybe he can bypass it somehow like he did in the special rpcs3 build for dark escape and etc.
If "the special rpcs3 build" is Project : Omed or whatever, then he's using that fork's System 357 gun support that was integrated into it.
System 357 gun != Guncon 3, two completely different things and different implementations entirely.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 11:56:28 am by ThatOneSeong »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3338 on: September 11, 2023, 01:34:01 pm »
On a technical point of view, it would depend on how the game is emulated with rpcs3

System 357 "gun" build is needed because game were not meant to be played with anything else.

I don't know at all if the original console game was only Guncon compatible or could be played with gamepads.
If the emulated game has gamepad support, or mouse support or whatever, this would be enough to control it with lightguns/demulshooter.

Now, for the realistic point of view, even if it's technically possible it's not a viable option because on top of hacking the game PPU cache (meaning differents hacks for different versions of the game, whereas arcade released ddumps are unique), the hack would target a specific version or rpcs3 exe .....which is updated really often so it would be broken in a matter of days

So .... No, demulshooter won't do that anytime soon

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3339 on: September 13, 2023, 02:14:55 pm »
On a technical point of view, it would depend on how the game is emulated with rpcs3

System 357 "gun" build is needed because game were not meant to be played with anything else.

I don't know at all if the original console game was only Guncon compatible or could be played with gamepads.
If the emulated game has gamepad support, or mouse support or whatever, this would be enough to control it with lightguns/demulshooter.

Now, for the realistic point of view, even if it's technically possible it's not a viable option because on top of hacking the game PPU cache (meaning differents hacks for different versions of the game, whereas arcade released ddumps are unique), the hack would target a specific version or rpcs3 exe .....which is updated really often so it would be broken in a matter of days

So .... No, demulshooter won't do that anytime soon

hi argon, thanks for answering...
1: the standalon version does support dualshock controller as far as i know.
2. there is an easy solution to this for the rpcs3 update thing...time crisis 4 already work very well on rpcs3, so you could just work on one specific version of rpcs3 for it, and we just wont update it:)

ThatOneSeong

• Offline Offline
    • Twitter
« Reply #3340 on: September 13, 2023, 03:00:31 pm »
2. there is an easy solution to this for the rpcs3 update thing...time crisis 4 already work very well on rpcs3, so you could just work on one specific version of rpcs3 for it, and we just wont update it:)
Um, ackshually...
Also good luck telling people to use only one version on a constantly rolling release emulator where the releases page is longer than the friggin bible at this point.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3341 on: September 13, 2023, 03:25:04 pm »
The specific version can easily be uploaded and be share for all on demulshooter wiki page + sinden page and etc.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3342 on: September 14, 2023, 02:20:13 am »
No, because I will be the one getting messages like "it's not working", "please add support for this new version", etc, etc....

Again, RPCS3 devs are the best people to ask for.
It's their program, and they are the only ones who can solve this in a viable-constantly working way

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3343 on: September 14, 2023, 01:57:09 pm »
No, because I will be the one getting messages like "it's not working", "please add support for this new version", etc, etc....

Again, RPCS3 devs are the best people to ask for.
It's their program, and they are the only ones who can solve this in a viable-constantly working way

thanks argon...rpcs3 devs dont care for guncon 3...many like me asked them about it.

ThatOneSeong

• Offline Offline
    • Twitter
« Reply #3344 on: September 15, 2023, 09:29:37 pm »
thanks argon...rpcs3 devs dont care for guncon 3...many like me asked them about it.
It is open source software. You are free to submit a pull request.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
« Reply #3345 on: December 01, 2023, 02:20:03 am »
Hi everyone!

- Last release of Demulshotter

- Last Release of CxBx Reloaded

Everythig works ok, but when i use a double gun4air aiming/pointing getting very confusing ahahahah. How can i fix it?

Inviato dal mio RMX2170 utilizzando Tapatalk

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 02:24:38 pm
« Reply #3346 on: January 01, 2024, 03:04:46 am »
hello, I hope argonlefou TP releases a new update for Jurassic Park.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3347 on: January 01, 2024, 08:46:03 am »
Game is Patreon only for now, which I'm not.
You'll have to wait untill it goes public.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #3348 on: January 01, 2024, 04:22:34 pm »
I would gladly help to chip in for a TP license for argonlefou,
Do you have like a beer me button or something?
Wouldn't cost us anything if we did it togheter, right guys  :burgerking:
"One coin to rule em' all"

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:53:29 pm
« Reply #3349 on: January 01, 2024, 04:27:27 pm »
 :applaud: gstav

POPO69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3350 on: January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm »
hello, possible for someone to give me the good config of the loader RH for Gundam zeon game please? I want to play with 2 Players. Actually the game with TP no have FFB....tks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3351 on: January 02, 2024, 03:40:34 am »
hello, possible for someone to give me the good config of the loader RH for Gundam zeon game please? I want to play with 2 Players. Actually the game with TP no have FFB....tks!
No need to use GameLoaderAllRH, it will do more harm than good.
Just add the following custom resolution to your graphic card/windows : 1280x480 , and run the dual screen exe

I would gladly help to chip in for a TP license for argonlefou,
Do you have like a beer me button or something?
Wouldn't cost us anything if we did it togheter, right guys  :burgerking:
I don't have a beer button  ;D :cheers:
I'm not comfortable with people giving money, and I'm not really ..... "supporting" the use of patreon for that kind of thing, on top of that
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 03:44:01 am by argonlefou »

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:31 am
« Reply #3352 on: January 02, 2024, 04:49:51 pm »
The good, old school, people ...  :applaud:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3353 on: January 05, 2024, 03:54:02 am »
Well....thanks to a very generous member who wanted to send me a code....here's the requested update :

DemulShooter v11.5
- Added outputs support for "Jurassic Parc" with TeknoParrot (DemulShooter.exe)
- Added "-nocrosshair" command for Jurassic Park (TeknoParrot)

Download here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/releases/tag/v11.5
Instructions here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Lindbergh#jurassic-park

I'll now have some time to check few patreon games I didn't before (like HOD4 Ex, etc....), and see if something can be done with them

Thanks again  :cheers:

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:53:29 pm
« Reply #3354 on: January 05, 2024, 12:55:58 pm »
THANKS ARGON! :notworthy: :applaud:

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 02:24:38 pm
« Reply #3355 on: January 05, 2024, 03:21:20 pm »
Thank you argonlefou  :cheers:

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #3356 on: January 06, 2024, 07:46:46 pm »
tomb raider running just exe with demulshooter. I have 2 guns working but player 2 gun shoots both guns. player one is working fine. any fix for this

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #3357 on: January 06, 2024, 07:48:17 pm »
Also is there a way to remap the start buttons.

ThatOneSeong

• Offline Offline
    • Twitter
« Reply #3358 on: January 07, 2024, 12:23:50 am »
Also is there a way to remap the start buttons.
As far as I'm aware DemulShooter only handles mouse inputs (except for games that can/does use more than three buttons)--start and select buttons would be up to either the loader or emulator in question.

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3359 on: January 07, 2024, 04:44:26 am »
Argon, Thanks for update.

And is there a way to remove reticle in Alien Armageddon?

Terminator Salvation can remove reticle via test menu, but Alien can't.