Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 996344 times)

gamejoyarcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2024, 02:24:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I set coins for Elevator Action Invasion, but instead of asking for coins again after I die in the game, it wants me to press the start button like freeplay, this may be the reason.

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
Recently got Friction and ran it through the .bat file, however when I exit my mouse cursor is invisible, any idea on how to fix this? Is there an option to remove crosshairs?  Also I tried creating an AHK file to launch but keep getting a win.cfg error, any help would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:26:51 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:58:34 am
Why in both lethal enforcer input and demushotter the aiming of p1 is strictly definied from left to the center of the screen? And not in the entire screen?

Inviato dal mio RMX2170 utilizzando Tapatalk
Because it's not the way it should work  ;D
But having to tweak the game display with DgVoodoo to be able to make it playable may cause that kind of issue depending on how you set the game to be displayed. If you manage to run it windowed you'll see that the aim is covering the full range. But tweaking a working false bi-monitor/fullscreen from windows may not be easy.
And the fact that both the mouse input tool and demulshooter are acting the same way is a strong clue to that cause
Unfortunatelly, untill someone properly patch the game display to get a clean unique window or both side by side, there is no "easy all in one already configured working" setup available

Recently got Friction and ran it through the .bat file, however when I exit my mouse cursor is invisible, any idea on how to fix this? Is there an option to remove crosshairs?  Also I tried creating an AHK file to launch but keep getting a win.cfg error, any help would be greatly appreciated
Friction needs a patched io dll to run (vsIOBoard) and there were - to my knowledge - 3 different versions of it (v1, v2, v3)
Settings for that file are to be changed in the VSIOBOARD.INI file

The last (and best) version to use (V3) has this line in the INI file :
Code: [Select]
;Hide windows mouse cursor
HideCursor=1
It's best to put this value to 0 because overwise, mouse cursor may not comeback after quitting the game.
Once you changed that, you can use usual nomousy tool in your calling bat/ahk to hide/show mouse cursor without issue

As for the crosshairs : there are no croshair in the game (natively)
But the vsIOBoard.dll comes with a Reshade shader that is drawing a crosshair on the screen. To remove it, simply push your HOME keyboard key in game to display the ReShade panel on the left side of your window and just uncheck the Friction checkox. This should remove the crosshairs

Also, I noticed I forgot to post on the first page the tool I made for Friction years ago : Friction_ResChanger
You can use it if you want to change the game resolution and, more importantly, remove that useless 30sec long wait delay at loading
I also noticed I never put that game on DemulSHooter wiki  :banghead:

As for the win.cfg and ahk errors....no one can help without the actual script to read.
win.cfg file is a Friction config file in the game "base" sub-folder....so maybe a path issue in the script, or - more probably -  a working directory issue
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 05:38:41 am by argonlefou »

purbeast

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:14:50 am
I am looking for some help with getting DemulShooter calibrated with my guns properly.

I have a Happ light gun that I am using via USB2GUN and I have it calibrated properly in Windows.  It shows up as an analog joystick and in MAME the tracking and stuff works fine filling the whole screen.

I am on a 320x240 standard CGA CRT.

When I open DemulShooter_GUI and pick my gun, in the test window, the cursor only goes like 1/4 or less across the top left of the screen.  Like it doesn't track 1:1 as I am going moving across the screen. As I move right, the tracking starts to lag, and when I'm all the way at the right edge, it's around the center of the tracking window thing.

I see the button 1 and 2 blinking when I shoot on and off screen so that seems to be picking up properly.  It's just the tracking though that is off.

When I loaded up vcop, the tracking is the same as it was in the little test box - just the top left side of the screen.

It is almost as if it thinks my monitor is larger than it is.  And while I do hook up a larger resolution monitor to it when I am doing "real" stuff on it because it's impossible to do "real" stuffat 320x240, I have also tried just booting it up with only the CRT monitor and I have the same behavior.

I also noticed that the buttons don't seem to be working in there, even though I have them set to 1 and 2.  When I move the mouse cursor and fire off buttons 1 or 2, I don't get anything except the white flash.  No bullets fire and no reload.

So I'm looking for guidance if anyone has any suggestions.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:46:54 pm by purbeast »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I have a Happ light gun that I am using via USB2GUN and I have it calibrated properly in Windows.  It shows up as an analog joystick and in MAME the tracking and stuff works fine filling the whole screen.

When I open DemulShooter_GUI and pick my gun, in the test window, the cursor only goes like 1/4 or less across the top left of the screen.  Like it doesn't track 1:1 as I am going moving across the screen. As I move right, the tracking starts to lag, and when I'm all the way at the right edge, it's around the center of the tracking window thing.
I have a couple of tools to get better hardware/driver information but the 320x240 resolution will make it very hard to use them (a lot of things are displayed and I dont think you will be able to access every data on the window app with such a low resolution)

Try DsDiag.exe tool, hoping that you can see the dropdown box in the upper left part of the screen to select select the gun (justy as you would in DemulShooter_GUI)
If you can select it, first thing would be to click the "export device data" button appearing on the right of the selected gun name. This will create a text file in Demulshooter folder that you can share, containing some data about your gun

Then, if you can see it, it would be interesting to get the min and max values of the "RawInput" line  that you can read in the "Device Data" box, below the gun name

Again, I highly doubt you can do all of this with such a low resolution :(

It is almost as if it thinks my monitor is larger than it is.  And while I do hook up a larger resolution monitor to it when I am doing "real" stuff on it because it's impossible to do "real" stuffat 320x240, I have also tried just booting it up with only the CRT monitor and I have the same behavior.
If case the above testing would not be possible with low-res monitor, you can also try it with this larger resolution monitor, this could be helpfull too

I also noticed that the buttons don't seem to be working in there, even though I have them set to 1 and 2.  When I move the mouse cursor and fire off buttons 1 or 2, I don't get anything except the white flash.  No bullets fire and no reload.
If the white flash occir, then the button press is detected. But knowing if the button press is detected by window and the emulator or by demulshooter and knowing if that one has correctly been hooked to the game is another problem.
I don't know if you can see it, but if demulshooter is running as it should and properly hooked the game, the DemulShooter icon on the tray icon at the bottom of windows desktop will switch from RED to GREEN

Now for some workarounds, if we don't care about the previous info :

1) To correct the "half screen aiming issue":
- Run DemulShooter_GUI, select your device for whatever player you want and save.
- Go to the "Calibration (Analog Device)" page on DemulShooter_GUI
- Check to overidde whatever player you want to use, then click the "Start" button
- Move your gun as far as you can on every 4 borders, you should see numbers increasing on the screen. This will replace the min/max values expected by the drivers with these ones, meaning that the gun should now cover the entire screen
- Click "Stop" button when you finished then Save

Important note : this calibration will not have any effect on the DemulSHooter_GUI window where you choose guns (the small cross moving). IT's only applied in-game with DemulSHooter

2) Try DemulShooter on a game to see if the aim is better. yo ucan look for the green icon to know if DemulSHooter is - almost - properly working

3) To get more information, add a -v command in demulshooter command line option and run it along with the game. then move/shoot a little to get some data.  This will create another debug text file on demulshooter's folder that you can share as well

purbeast

• Offline Offline

I have a couple of tools to get better hardware/driver information but the 320x240 resolution will make it very hard to use them (a lot of things are displayed and I dont think you will be able to access every data on the window app with such a low resolution)

Try DsDiag.exe tool, hoping that you can see the dropdown box in the upper left part of the screen to select select the gun (justy as you would in DemulShooter_GUI)
If you can select it, first thing would be to click the "export device data" button appearing on the right of the selected gun name. This will create a text file in Demulshooter folder that you can share, containing some data about your gun

Then, if you can see it, it would be interesting to get the min and max values of the "RawInput" line  that you can read in the "Device Data" box, below the gun name

Again, I highly doubt you can do all of this with such a low resolution :(

If case the above testing would not be possible with low-res monitor, you can also try it with this larger resolution monitor, this could be helpfull too

If the white flash occir, then the button press is detected. But knowing if the button press is detected by window and the emulator or by demulshooter and knowing if that one has correctly been hooked to the game is another problem.
I don't know if you can see it, but if demulshooter is running as it should and properly hooked the game, the DemulShooter icon on the tray icon at the bottom of windows desktop will switch from RED to GREEN

Now for some workarounds, if we don't care about the previous info :

1) To correct the "half screen aiming issue":
- Run DemulShooter_GUI, select your device for whatever player you want and save.
- Go to the "Calibration (Analog Device)" page on DemulShooter_GUI
- Check to overidde whatever player you want to use, then click the "Start" button
- Move your gun as far as you can on every 4 borders, you should see numbers increasing on the screen. This will replace the min/max values expected by the drivers with these ones, meaning that the gun should now cover the entire screen
- Click "Stop" button when you finished then Save

Important note : this calibration will not have any effect on the DemulSHooter_GUI window where you choose guns (the small cross moving). IT's only applied in-game with DemulSHooter

2) Try DemulShooter on a game to see if the aim is better. yo ucan look for the green icon to know if DemulSHooter is - almost - properly working

3) To get more information, add a -v command in demulshooter command line option and run it along with the game. then move/shoot a little to get some data.  This will create another debug text file on demulshooter's folder that you can share as well

Great thanks for that.  I can give you some of this information already...

I have opened DsDiag.exe with the larger monitor hooked up.  When I do that, I see the resolution is set to 1920x1080, and then it had another resolution right below that where the numbers were VERY similar but off by a little bit.  But it was close enough.  So I thought that maybe THAT is why it thought my monitor was larger than it was. 

So I then tried rebooting my PC without the larger monitor connected so it was ONLY the 320x240 one hooked up.

I then opened DsDiag.exe with that, and as you said, it was hard to do stuff.  I would select my gun, however I couldn't see the resolution it thought I had because you know how the screen is 4 quadrants?  Well the vertical splitter was basically like 20-30 pixels from the left, so the left side of the application was super thin in those quadrants, but the right side was larger.  But all of the data is in that top left quadrant.

I then deleted DsDiag.exe and start with a fresh copy of it that was only ever opened with the 320x240 monitor connected.  I unzipped the file again and ran DemulShooter_GUI.exe and again, the cross hair in the test box thing was still acting exactly as it did before. 

So I assumed that it was still not working properly

As for the calibration thing, I played with it a bit however I never kept the checkbox checked to keep it enabled.  When I messed with it, I noticed that the resolutions it showed were not within 320x240 as far as the numbers went.  The X was going over as high as 550, and the Y was going to like 130 or something if I recall correctly.  But as mentioned, I never left with the checkbox enabled so I will try doing that next time I fire it up and see if it actually makes changes in game.

As for DS even working, I can't see the tray while running stuff, however I do know it is actually "working" because I've ran the m2 emulator without DS running, and I didn't get anything at all on screen when I moved my guns.  With DS running, I can see the cross hairs moving (with the poor tracking) so I know it's doing something.

Does the tool get any information directly from Windows?

The reason I ask is because I THINK that the "first" monitor in Windows is my higher resolution one.  Like if you go to the display settings, I believe it has the high res one labeled as 1 and the low res one labeled as 2.  I am assuming this because I had to install windows and configure everything and obviously used a high red monitor to do so. 

Could this possibly be the problem?  I hadn't really thought about that until after I turned it all off last night and after I made this post.

Thanks for the help though.  I will see if I can get that text from DsDiag.exe somehow and I will also give that other calibration a try and turn debug mode on and report back with that information.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I have opened DsDiag.exe with the larger monitor hooked up.  When I do that, I see the resolution is set to 1920x1080, and then it had another resolution right below that where the numbers were VERY similar but off by a little bit.  But it was close enough.  So I thought that maybe THAT is why it thought my monitor was larger than it was. 
"Screen Size" is....well the screen resolution
"Client Size" is the actual content size of the DsDiag window, the black background part. These numbers will be usually few pixels smaller because the window title bar, buttons and borders are not part of that zone

I then opened DsDiag.exe with that, and as you said, it was hard to do stuff.  I would select my gun, however I couldn't see the resolution it thought I had because you know how the screen is 4 quadrants?  Well the vertical splitter was basically like 20-30 pixels from the left, so the left side of the application was super thin in those quadrants, but the right side was larger.  But all of the data is in that top left quadrant.
Yes that's what I though.
But the first interresting part is not here but : once you select your gun, do you see the button becomming visible at the right of the gun selection line (button is labelled "export device data" ? If yes, click on it and you should get a newly created text file in DemulShooter's folder  with details about how your gun is seen by Windows (as far as I'm concerned). Post it here if you can

The other interresting information are the 3 lines  below "Screen Size" and "Cliient Size" in the DsDiag upper left corner.
This is the real-time data collected from the lighgun, but you can't see it with such a low resolution

I then deleted DsDiag.exe and start with a fresh copy of it that was only ever opened with the 320x240 monitor connected.  I unzipped the file again and ran DemulShooter_GUI.exe and again, the cross hair in the test box thing was still acting exactly as it did before. 

DsDiag is just a diagnostic tool, nothing you can do with it can change the bejavior in Demushooter

As for the calibration thing, I played with it a bit however I never kept the checkbox checked to keep it enabled.  When I messed with it, I noticed that the resolutions it showed were not within 320x240 as far as the numbers went.  The X was going over as high as 550, and the Y was going to like 130 or something if I recall correctly.  But as mentioned, I never left with the checkbox enabled so I will try doing that next time I fire it up and see if it actually makes changes in game.
Yes, you need that checkbox checked and saved for the setting to be enabled in DemulShooter.
If checked, DemulShooter will replace whatever "theorical min max values" are awaited (based on the information read from the device driver, which can be obtained by exporting the device report in DsDiag) by the real one measured during the calibration.

The reason I ask is because I THINK that the "first" monitor in Windows is my higher resolution one.  Like if you go to the display settings, I believe it has the high res one labeled as 1 and the low res one labeled as 2.  I am assuming this because I had to install windows and configure everything and obviously used a high red monitor to do so. 

Could this possibly be the problem?  I hadn't really thought about that until after I turned it all off last night and after I made this post.
If you have a dual monitor setup (meaning 2 monitors plugged and activated at the same time) then yes, this could be a huge problem
Unplugging one screen is the safest solution, to make sure that the coordinates will be correctly translated to the good screen/window

purbeast

• Offline Offline
"Screen Size" is....well the screen resolution
"Client Size" is the actual content size of the DsDiag window, the black background part. These numbers will be usually few pixels smaller because the window title bar, buttons and borders are not part of that zone

Yes that's what I though.
But the first interresting part is not here but : once you select your gun, do you see the button becomming visible at the right of the gun selection line (button is labelled "export device data" ? If yes, click on it and you should get a newly created text file in DemulShooter's folder  with details about how your gun is seen by Windows (as far as I'm concerned). Post it here if you can

The other interresting information are the 3 lines  below "Screen Size" and "Cliient Size" in the DsDiag upper left corner.
This is the real-time data collected from the lighgun, but you can't see it with such a low resolution

DsDiag is just a diagnostic tool, nothing you can do with it can change the bejavior in Demushooter

Yes, you need that checkbox checked and saved for the setting to be enabled in DemulShooter.
If checked, DemulShooter will replace whatever "theorical min max values" are awaited (based on the information read from the device driver, which can be obtained by exporting the device report in DsDiag) by the real one measured during the calibration.

If you have a dual monitor setup (meaning 2 monitors plugged and activated at the same time) then yes, this could be a huge problem
Unplugging one screen is the safest solution, to make sure that the coordinates will be correctly translated to the good screen/window

Is there a simple way to do your fancy broken up quotes?  Or is it just manual lol?  I like how your replies look but it's tough to copy/paste it that way and I'm lazy lol.

Yeah that screen/client size stuff was reporting the values for the high res monitor and I couldn't see it unfortunately on the low res monitor.  I tried dragging the center line but that didn't work.

As for the export device data button, I saw it when I had my large monitor hooked up, but when I only had the low res monitor hooked up, I can't remember if it was there or not.  I will check next time.  I know I did not click on that button when I only had the low res monitor hooked up.  I am THINKING it may have been off the screen but again, don't remember exactly.

As for what Windows sees, and I will have to check this later when I play around with it again, but I THOUGHT that even if you have 2 monitors hooked up (monitor 1 and 2 as known by Windows), that if you then remove monitor 1 for instance, looking at the display settings it would still show the single monitor that is connected, as monitor 2, with monitor 1 grayed out or something.  I haven't really messed with Windows in a long time, but for some reason I feel like I remember seeing this before.  And I know you can swap which monitor is the "main" one as well.

So my question about that one was that maybe my "main" one is the high res one, and even when it's not connected, could it be possible DS is getting the settings from Windows for that one?

I can't "test" the light guns on the high res monitor since it's LCD as you know, but just based off of where it is tracking, it SEEMS like it is some sort of translation issue between my 2 monitors.

What I mean is from the amount that it moves, it seems as though when I move my gun down to the bottom of my monitor for instance, which is 240px, that the cursor on the CRT is about where it would be on my LCD had it been moved down 240px.   Same when I move it horizontally, although it doesn't seem like it is only moving over about 17% of the way, which is what 320 out of 1920 pixels would be.  It's definitely closer to like 40-50% of the way to the right edge of the screen.

And also as mentioned, the buttons were not actually firing/reloading either, so there is just something up with my stuff. 

I tried last night for a while trying to get xpadder and joy2key to work with my guns for MAME so that I can do the damn offscreen reload and spent most of my time on that to no luck (off topic).

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Is there a simple way to do your fancy broken up quotes?  Or is it just manual lol?  I like how your replies look but it's tough to copy/paste it that way and I'm lazy lol.
I do it manually, I don't know if there's a simple way here to do that.

As for the rest, it's unfortunatelly...well... let's say "not usefull" to speculate about anything without any solid information (be it log file or device information)

purbeast

• Offline Offline
So I was able to get that DsDiag tool to show the resolution in a hacky kind of way.

I loaded up the PC hooked up to my CRT only and I couldn't do anything in there. I was wrong too in that I thought I could change the device on there but I couldn't.

So I plugged in my 2nd monitor while it was on with the tool open, and I was able to see that it showed the screen size I wanted - 320x240.

But as soon as like I either selected my device or pressed a button on the gun it changed to 1080p resolution.

So I then disconnected the HD monitor and went back to my CRT and I was able to see the export button.   So after moving the gun around and pressing some buttons I exported it. I couldn't see though if the resolution changed in the application before I clicked the export button.

I've attached the file.

I also tried doing the other calibration thing you mentioned, but when I started up virtua cop in the M2 emulator, I got an error about not being able to find a path or something, and then I noticed that only the mouse were moving the cursors - my gun wasn't moving the cursor - so I'm guessing it was some kind of error.  I'll try with the v flag and see if I can get anything in the log.

purbeast

• Offline Offline
Okay some good news actually...

Turns out I couldn't see the "Save Config" button when I overrode the calibration.

So I plugged my other monitor back in so I could see the save button after calibrating, saved it, pulled the other monitor out. then I could track in Virtua Cop pretty much perfectly.

However, I still am not getting any buttons to work.

With my gun, shooting on screen is button 1 and off screen is button 2, and neither of those are being recognized.

So any ideas on this issue now?  I am cool with the calibration overriding being my solution for tracking since it seems to be working.  That is all I really care about lol.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Turns out I couldn't see the "Save Config" button when I overrode the calibration.

So I plugged my other monitor back in so I could see the save button after calibrating, saved it, pulled the other monitor out. then I could track in Virtua Cop pretty much perfectly.

With my gun, shooting on screen is button 1 and off screen is button 2, and neither of those are being recognized.

So any ideas on this issue now?  I am cool with the calibration overriding being my solution for tracking since it seems to be working.  That is all I really care about lol.
Nice, and thanks for the device report

Now for the buttons.....I'll need the DemulShooter debug file (please move your gun around and push some triggers in and out screen before quitting the game, so that it can record data)

purbeast

• Offline Offline

Nice, and thanks for the device report

Now for the buttons.....I'll need the DemulShooter debug file (please move your gun around and push some triggers in and out screen before quitting the game, so that it can record data)

Here you go.  I just did that and searched the report for "button" and I see the trigger up/down events but obviously don't know the details about why it's not registering.

Here's a quick video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/G656OVDLXOc

Thanks for the help.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here you go.  I just did that and searched the report for "button" and I see the trigger up/down events but obviously don't know the details about why it's not registering.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks

Unfortunatelly, everything is as expected in the debug files, coordinates, game coordinates and buttons events.
So I don't see any technical issue for the game not shooting bullets. You can see the trigger registering because of the white flash based on your video....it looks like the game thinks you are shooting outside of the screen

Did you follow every steps from the DemulShooter Wiki for Model 2 ? (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Model2)
Including properly changing settings in the EMULATOR.INI file, and performing in-game calibration in TEST/SERVICE menu ? (keys are F1 and F2 by default)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 12:56:31 pm by argonlefou »

purbeast

• Offline Offline

Thanks for the help.
Thanks

Unfortunatelly, everything is as expected in the debug files, coordinates, game coordinates and buttons events.
So I don't see any technical issue for the game not shooting bullets. You can see the trigger registering because of the white flash based on your video....it looks like the game thinks you are shooting outside of the screen

Did you follow every steps from the DemulShooter Wiki for Model 2 ? (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Model2)
Including properly changing settings in the EMULATOR.INI file, and performing in-game calibration in TEST/SERVICE menu ? (keys are F1 and F2 by default)

I had done all of that stuff already unfortunately.

And the screen flash you are seeing, that isn't due to the emulator/gun, it is due to the gun itself.  The screen flashes white on the desktop any time you press the trigger, whether an emulator or anything is running.

I can also confirm that it does not think I am shooting off the screen because I do not hear any reload sound or anything in vcop. 

I did notice just now when I went into the service menu, that in the INPUT TEST mode on vcop, when I pulled the trigger down, it was not showing that the switch was triggered.  So for some reason I don't think that the emulator is actually recognizing trigger pulls. 

As I mentioned though, in the DS GUI tool I can see the button 1 and 2 light up when I am pointed on and off the screen, as I expected it to be.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
In that case (with buttons lighting up in DsGUI and being registered by DS on the debug file) there is unfortunatelly not much left to test on the emulator side to find why it is not registering inputs  :(

You can still try to make it work with another emulator or standalone game from the compatibility list to rule out any issue with the gun+demulshooter

But without physical access to your setup I'm pretty dry on the model2 issue  :(

purbeast

• Offline Offline
In that case (with buttons lighting up in DsGUI and being registered by DS on the debug file) there is unfortunatelly not much left to test on the emulator side to find why it is not registering inputs  :(

You can still try to make it work with another emulator or standalone game from the compatibility list to rule out any issue with the gun+demulshooter

But without physical access to your setup I'm pretty dry on the model2 issue  :(

Cool thanks for the help thus far.

I found a copy of Friction to test out however it is not booting up.  I'm getting some sort of runtime error.   If anyone knows where to get a version confirmed working, please let me know.  I actually own the real arcade game as well, so no gray area here for me!

purbeast

• Offline Offline
Well good news - I got it working!

I don't know exactly what it was but I just tried using a clean M2 release and then ran the m2 scripts in DS, to get rid of the white flash, and then it just seemed to work fine the first time I tried it.

I got VCOP and HOTD to run and they are working just fine.

I tried VCOP2 though and it had some issues.  Like sometimes it wasn't registering I was shooting off screen, but then if I shot back on screen, then off, it would work fine.  SO not sure exacgtly what is going on with that.

I will say though I did not actually do any calibration in game, so that could be part of it.  I noticed in HOTD the aim was slightly off from the cross hair showing up.

So 2 questions now, and this may not be relevant to DS specific stuff so just let me know if I should ask elsewhere.

1. Is there a way to totally disable the cross hairs?  They are actually distracting with a light gun. EDIT: I see you can set the keys for this with m2 scripts so i probably already did that

2. The text looks really bad on my 320x240 CRT and is unreadable on many screens.  I noticed that if I'm running it at that res on my 1080p monitor, the text is very readable.  Is there some sort of setting that I can change to make it more readable?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 01:58:23 pm by purbeast »

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Hey!

In my Win7 OS I had demulshooter 2 player Fricrion working WITH gore - Red blookd and also freeplay
but now sinvce I updated to Win10 I saw that the settings have been reverted back to non gore and 2 credits to play.
Can't set the service menu as it reboots the actual cab pc when exit (the settings dosent stick anyways) and I cant seem to
find anything to change in the ini.

I did foud the regedit directory, but it dosent seem to work in game anyways
Gore"=dword:00000001
CoinsPerPlay"=dword:00000000

Would it be possible to add these options to your "Friction_ResChanger.exe" master?

Cheers
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
1. Is there a way to totally disable the cross hairs?  They are actually distracting with a light gun. EDIT: I see you can set the keys for this with m2 scripts so i probably already did that
Exactly : apply the scripts patch from DemulShooter_GUI, then use the desired keys in-game to toggle Crosshair visibility

As for #2, I have no idea

Hey!

In my Win7 OS I had demulshooter 2 player Fricrion working WITH gore - Red blookd and also freeplay
but now sinvce I updated to Win10 I saw that the settings have been reverted back to non gore and 2 credits to play.
Can't set the service menu as it reboots the actual cab pc when exit (the settings dosent stick anyways) and I cant seem to
find anything to change in the ini.

I did foud the regedit directory, but it dosent seem to work in game anyways
Gore"=dword:00000001
CoinsPerPlay"=dword:00000000

Would it be possible to add these options to your "Friction_ResChanger.exe" master?

Cheers
You need to edit the VSIOBOARD.INI file, there is an option to disable reboot (should be RebootDisable=1)
Then go to TEST menu, change GORE to YES and validate the SAVE AND EXIT
As the reboot is disable, nothing will happen, but the setting will be changed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\VenumSpyder
You can validate a couple of time if you want to be sure.

You can now close the game and start it again, this will be working with gore option and FREEPLAY (Use Credits=0 in the settings to FREEPLAY)

I've tried it on a couple of Win10 computers and it always worked

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
thanks got the gore to work but the free play dosent want to be changed even when i put it in 0 it tells me for 2 creditis to start. minor issue I can live with but kinda strange. Double check the regedit too
"One coin to rule em' all"

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
I set coins for Elevator Action Invasion, but instead of asking for coins again after I die in the game, it wants me to press the start button like freeplay, this may be the reason.

purbeast

• Offline Offline
Has anyone seen the problem with Friction where you go to run it and just nothing happens?

This happens whether I have DS running before double clicking the exe and if I don't have it running, so I don't believe it is tied to DS specific. 

I even tried running it from the command line and nothing happens.  It's as if it was never opened.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for pointing that out !
Fixed in the last DemulShooter_v11.1 update

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
Thanks argonlefou

Justn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 10:15:55 pm
Hi! I followed the wiki and I am stuck on this step. I would like to enable crosshairs again but I am unsure how to install/activate these scripts.  I tried just adding the files into the model 2 enulator but doesnt seem to work. Does anyone have an idea of how to install custom scripts that could point me in the right direction?

Here is the section from the wiki. Im not sure what click the install button is referring to. (Both guns are working fine within model 2 and demulshooter)

m2emulator :
To install LUA scripts allowing the use of custom crosshairs for P1 and P2. Scripts are the same ones used in Howard's Troubleshooters2.
You can set the keyboard keys used to change P1/P2 crosshair and to display/hide crosshairs.
You can also choose to remove he original white flash on screen, created by the game with each trigger press. (All credits goes to egregiousguy)
Click the install button and select m2emulator .exe folder to install the scripts.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 05:43:15 pm by Justn »

PaCiFiKbAllA

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:39:30 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL)
« Reply #3306 on: July 28, 2023, 08:54:15 pm »
Okay I've done some extensive testing, and here's what i have so far.

I execute DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -system=naomi -noresize -v
I then fire up Demul via command line since I cant use the GUI
The game sees Gun 1 and Gun 2 as the same gun, and I still get the minimize when I click the far upper left corner.

The debug.txt from DemulShooter shows a not found file
12:39 PM :
12:39 PM : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 1 : -demul=07a
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 2 : -system=naomi
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
12:39 PM : File not found : D:\Arcade\Demul\Demul 7a 221215\MemoryData\07a\naomi.cfg
12:39 PM : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
12:39 PM : Conf read OK
12:39 PM : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#9&bb9ce79&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
12:39 PM : P1 device handle = 65609
12:39 PM : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1604&MI_02#9&b6a1e27&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
12:39 PM : P2 device handle = 65613
12:40 PM : Attached to Process Demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 652
12:40 PM : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x0A630000
12:40 PM : Adding CodeCave at : 0x0C590000
12:40 PM : Memory Hack complete !
12:41 PM : Demul.exe closed

When I do get a game fired up, I cant move the cursor with the gun at all. The mouse being shut off is affecting the guns as well. I use two Aimtraks along with Demul 07a 221215

Maybe try running it like the example from the Git (change rom name):
DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=confmiss -v

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi! I followed the wiki and I am stuck on this step. I would like to enable crosshairs again but I am unsure how to install/activate these scripts.  I tried just adding the files into the model 2 enulator but doesnt seem to work. Does anyone have an idea of how to install custom scripts that could point me in the right direction?

Here is the section from the wiki. Im not sure what click the install button is referring to. (Both guns are working fine within model 2 and demulshooter)

m2emulator :
To install LUA scripts allowing the use of custom crosshairs for P1 and P2. Scripts are the same ones used in Howard's Troubleshooters2.
You can set the keyboard keys used to change P1/P2 crosshair and to display/hide crosshairs.
You can also choose to remove he original white flash on screen, created by the game with each trigger press. (All credits goes to egregiousguy)
Click the install button and select m2emulator .exe folder to install the scripts.

Just open DemulSHooter_GUI.exe, select m2Emulator in the Page Selection list....and you'll find the big install button at the bottom. You can't miss it  ;)

Maybe try running it like the example from the Git (change rom name):
DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=confmiss -v
I hope for him that he's gone through that , after 7 long years  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 05:05:48 am by argonlefou »

YoBoys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2024, 05:09:36 pm
Hoping someone can help. Target Terror Gold using dolphin/demulshooter I can't get the shoot off screen reload to work. Using gun4ir. Any help is appreciated

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
I just tried HOTD Remake with the arcade plugin and the latest demulshooter and for the life of me cannot get player 2 to hook. I did see that the steam game has a patch update on 7.15.23, so I wonder if that screwed things up. I was hoping Argon or others could test to verify or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Much appreciated.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I just tried HOTD Remake with the arcade plugin and the latest demulshooter and for the life of me cannot get player 2 to hook. I did see that the steam game has a patch update on 7.15.23, so I wonder if that screwed things up. I was hoping Argon or others could test to verify or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Much appreciated.
Except if there is some secret things going on, the patch update was released on 7/15/22

Both original release and patched update are supported by the Arcade Mod.

Now for your issue, a lot of more information would be needed :
- Is the arcade mod working correctly (on it's own, not DemulShooter related) ?
- Did you setup the arcade mod config correctly for DemulShooter input ?
- And if both questions are OK, a DemulShooter debug file would be helpfull

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Except if there is some secret things going on, the patch update was released on 7/15/22

Both original release and patched update are supported by the Arcade Mod.

Now for your issue, a lot of more information would be needed :
- Is the arcade mod working correctly (on it's own, not DemulShooter related) ?
- Did you setup the arcade mod config correctly for DemulShooter input ?
- And if both questions are OK, a DemulShooter debug file would be helpfull

You're right about the patch update date. That was my bad. I read that incorrectly. It was 2022, not 2023.
1. Yes, the arcade mod is working correctly on its own.
2. Not sure what you mean by that. I set the arcade mod for multiplayer and then clicked save, if that's what you mean.

Here is a script I run after launching HOTD Remake steam game. I've tried launching the script before and after game launches BTW.

Run, DemulShooter/DemulShooterX64.exe -target=windows -rom=hotdra

Escape::
    Process,Close,DemulShooterX64.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "DemulShooterX64.exe" /F
    ExitApp
return

Attached is the debug file. Thanks Argon

Update: It's working to some extent once I launch demulshooter because player 2 bullets and player 1 bullets shoot individually. It's just that player 2 crosshair (blue) is stuck in the bottom left corner. I'm pretty sure it hooks correctly because the demulshooter icon turns green in the tray. Do you need to calibrate player 2 at all in game?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:25:37 pm by dgrace »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Ok, thanks

2. Not sure what you mean by that. I set the arcade mod for multiplayer and then clicked save, if that's what you mean.
Exactly, thanks

Here is a script I run after launching HOTD Remake steam game. I've tried launching the script before and after game launches BTW.

ExitApp
return

Update: It's working to some extent once I launch demulshooter because player 2 bullets and player 1 bullets shoot individually. It's just that player 2 crosshair (blue) is stuck in the bottom left corner. I'm pretty sure it hooks correctly because the demulshooter icon turns green in the tray. Do you need to calibrate player 2 at all in game?

Unfortunatelly I see nothing wrong in the debug file.

Your game version is recognized, your aimtraks as well
Axis data is good, converted data sent to the game as well....I don't know why the P2 cursor would stick in the corner

YoBoys

• Offline Offline
Hoping someone can help. Target Terror Gold using dolphin/demulshooter I can't get the shoot off screen reload to work. Using gun4ir. Any help is appreciated

Anyone?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Ok, thanks

Exactly, thanks

ExitApp
return

Unfortunatelly I see nothing wrong in the debug file.

Your game version is recognized, your aimtraks as well
Axis data is good, converted data sent to the game as well....I don't know why the P2 cursor would stick in the corner

I uninstalled/re-installed the HOTD remake steam game and then reapplied your plugin and now it works perfectly. I must have had a blocked or corrupted file somewhere. All is well now. Thanks again for your help.

POPO69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
Hello argonlefou, do you think possibility one day to do a demulshooter version for Rambo Pc version ( same like PS3) the game is beautiful railshooter like Blue estate.
Tks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hello
The question has been asked a few times already, here and on github and the answer is no

YoBoys

• Offline Offline

Anyone?

@argonlefou any ideas on this please?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Unfortunately not :
- Dolphin mod was targetting Aimtrak specifically, Gun4ir did not exist at the time
- I never touched Dolphin again since I made the patch

YoBoys

• Offline Offline
Unfortunately not :
- Dolphin mod was targetting Aimtrak specifically, Gun4ir did not exist at the time
- I never touched Dolphin again since I made the patch
Thank you