Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 996513 times)

Tomkun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Do you have, or would you be willing to make, a list of known good CRCs for the games that demulshooter supports? I know what you mean when you say that there as so many versions.

I have avoided using any 3rd party launchers, RH for example. How about JConfig? Is that compatible with demulshooter?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:58:34 am
Do you have, or would you be willing to make, a list of known good CRCs for the games that demulshooter supports? I know what you mean when you say that there as so many versions.

I have avoided using any 3rd party launchers, RH for example. How about JConfig? Is that compatible with demulshooter?
CRC (well, it's MD5 I'm using but same idea) checks have been added for a while and written in debug mode with demulshooter, but for a lot of (old releases) games I didn't add their MD5 hash.
Now that I have been retesting everything for a new update, MD5 hash of almost all available targets have been added

But, as for publishing a list, I can't really do that :
There are a lot of situations were the MD5 would be different but the game would work. Any resolution patch, texture patch, text patch, crosshair patch (if in exe file) would change the MD5 hash of a file without changing the actual way the binary is handling controls.
The best thing to do, when in doubt, is to quickly run a -v command with demulshooter and you'll have your game's MD5 and a comment to know if DemulShooter knows it.

Finally, for Jconfig, and even if yo don't need it at all for DemulShooter, it's mainly because a lot of people may end with this release without knowing what was available before that I tested all their exe. And luckily, as they are working in a clean way, their modified exe are totally compatible with DemulShooter without changing anything (compared to old dumps exe)

As today, I'm not using any launcher on top of DemulShooter, except 2 powerfull tools :
- DgVoodoo2 (improve 3d rendering)
- Reshade (scaling display - force 4/3 or 16/9 - and CRT shadders)
That way, I'm totally able to control exactly what I do (which the main issue of All RH loader for me.....not knowing what it's doing)

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
Yes, I understand your logic.

According to the debug log, the CRCs are all fine, but when the fodler exists I get the dreaded "Error converting screen location to client location".  I don't know if you saw my previous edit, but it seems to have something to do with the file system. I don't understand why that would happen, but at least now I can work around it. I don't know if that's something to do with demulshooter or more likely, the game itself, but it's interesting to note.

As for your comment about All RH, I understand what you mean completely. I have decompiled it before and it seems benign, but the lengths the author goes to to obfuscate what it is doing makes it seem very untrustworthy to me.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
According to the debug log, the CRCs are all fine, but when the fodler exists I get the dreaded "Error converting screen location to client location".  I don't know if you saw my previous edit, but it seems to have something to do with the file system. I don't understand why that would happen, but at least now I can work around it. I don't know if that's something to do with demulshooter or more likely, the game itself, but it's interesting to note.
Hmm...file system should not be an issue for your error. This is more of a "display" issue where Windows is not able to translate coordinates on your game's window.
Either because it can't acces the game's window, or....something like this.
But Windows beeing Windows.....anything is (unfortunatelly) possible

As for your comment about All RH, I understand what you mean completely. I have decompiled it before and it seems benign, but the lengths the author goes to to obfuscate what it is doing makes it seem very untrustworthy to me.
I do not have trust issue, but I don't like (well...I hate) not beeing able to knw what a software does, and, moreover, not letting me choose what I want

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
Shouldn't be an issue, but it is. I don't understand it myself, but I have it easily reproducable now. It's very very strange. I will keep testing with all the various exe's I can get my hands on.

Perhaps, "untrustworthy" was harsh, but like you I want to know what software is doing on my PC. RH goes out of its way to hide what it is doing and that's worrisome. At the end of the day, it's "only" an AHK script using various different 3rd party softwares and dlls to achieve the desired result. I wish the author would be more transparent and share their very extensive knowledge. Too many help threads end up with the advice, "just use RH!", when the real solution remains hidden.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
BTW...redream (another dreamcast emulation) now support light gun, maybe in the future it will be better than demul:)

Flycast too. But ReDream no naomi support flycast does.

I never managed to setup aimtrak with flycast. Any help there (Sorry for the possible OT) :applaud: :applaud:
"One coin to rule em' all"

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
BTW...redream (another dreamcast emulation) now support light gun, maybe in the future it will be better than demul:)

Flycast too. But ReDream no naomi support flycast does.

I never managed to setup aimtrak with flycast. Any help there (Sorry for the possible OT) :applaud: :applaud:

Well I use an EMS Top Gun 3 and there's not much setup involved you don't need Demulshooter or anything extra for it. Mind you I'm using the standalone not Retroarch which most people use for Flycast. But you just go into settings and choose Lightgun or if that doesn't work choose mouse for your P1, and you can set your X and Y values under mouse in the same page. I only have 1 gun though so I'm not sure about 2 players.  I was able to get all Dreamcast lightgun games working on it (except Death Crimson OX 2 which is Jap only it wouldn't calibrate right) and a few Naomi lightgun games too. Although it's very picky about having the right naomi version and some I just couldn't get to work so I used Demul.

Demul is still the best because it supports all Dreamcast + Naomi + Hikaru + Atomiswave + more while Flycast only supports Naomi + DC AFAIK and I don't think every Naomi game works. But Flycast is definitely easier as far as setup.

The problem with Flycast standalone is it's hard to find. I found a page that had daily releases but I can't find it for you now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:59:12 pm by Jayinem »

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Thanks! Yeah, I have Demul but hateit so I would rather go flycast only but I set ut Retroarch and tried the core. Maybe thats not supperoted yet then. I try update the core and see if it works better.
Yeah, Naomi2 is a no go in flycast for now but I got demul almost out of the way now  :D
"One coin to rule em' all"

dejawho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2020, 07:35:39 am
I finally got it working the issue was that I didn't know how to exit the emulator to save the settings I was having to use alt+tab and that doesn't save settings. I loaded it through Launchbox which adds a script to escape and then it saved settings and now it's wokring. TY very much for your help.

Hi, can you explain how you did? I use launchbox too, but I created the script to exit manually and it doesn't save the settings

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I finally got it working the issue was that I didn't know how to exit the emulator to save the settings I was having to use alt+tab and that doesn't save settings. I loaded it through Launchbox which adds a script to escape and then it saved settings and now it's wokring. TY very much for your help.

Hi, can you explain how you did? I use launchbox too, but I created the script to exit manually and it doesn't save the settings

Did u put the script in the second post here https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/46258-sega-model-2-exit-problem/

In launchbox ahk acript section? Did u calibrate both guns before exiting?

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
Hi @argonlefou

Is this from the Wiki page still true

"Xinput devices are not working with Ninja Assault (Demul)
RawInput lightguns are working well, and it may be my whole Xinput control layer that’s not perfect. WIP"

I use Wiimotes and won't waste any time on trying it if so.

Thanks in advance.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi @argonlefou

Is this from the Wiki page still true

"Xinput devices are not working with Ninja Assault (Demul)
RawInput lightguns are working well, and it may be my whole Xinput control layer that’s not perfect. WIP"

I use Wiimotes and won't waste any time on trying it if so.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Indeed you won't be able to use it with WiiMote in the current version.

The good new is, I just found and corrected the bug. So you'll be able to play it with your WiiMotes in a near future

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Fantastic, thank you for the reply and thank you even more for the fact that sometime in the future I will be able to do so.

As an aside, I have been having some issue with Friction and V3 with latest Demulshooter, it doesn't seem to work very often, but everytime I run it in debug mode it hooks perfectly (which makes trying to problem solve it a tad harder!!!), but cannot be played like that because of the slow down- might just be me having the issue, and I am using a work around of Friction and V1 plus slightly older Demulshooter.

Not an issue for me using the old one and I might be only one having the problem as well so may not be worth wasting time on.

Thanks for everything.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
There again, the future will please you : I also have one of my computer which is refusing to work with the v3.0 friction DLL.
That's why I decided for the same "near future" to change Friction hook and compatibility : DemulShooter will be able to automatically detect v1.0 (which is the simplest and best one for me, I don't need crosshair or joypad handling) or V3.0 DLL and act as a consequence.
No support for V2.0 though
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:46:40 am by argonlefou »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I've got Dolphin working really nice except shooting off screen to reload doesn't work in Target Terror (and probably others) it doesn't matter where I shoot even not even facing the TV it won't reload. I am not even sure if it's a Dolphin setting or Demulshooting setting that would fix this but just hoping you know.

thanks

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Hi Jaynem, I have this workaround in dolphin config:
The trick was setting the reload button to 'click 0' & !cursor Y- or something similar, tomorrow I can take a look

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Just realized I didn't install the config file correctly to overwrite Wiimotenew. Probably why several games were uncalibrated.

But where do you find reload button to change it to that? I don't see "reload" in Wiimotenew? I guess I'm confused.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:06:06 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Got it, just have to replace click 1 with click 2 for some reason.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149714.160

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
hi guys!ù

so house of dead 4 loaded with teknoparrot

uncheck General - UseMouseForGun and General - OffScreenReloadHack

run DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4

but trigger button dosn't work, why?

Jezmok

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 06:24:13 pm
Hi guys I dunno if any of you can help
I dont seem to be able to get demulshooter working on any game.
I have tried it on hotd4, lui,Demul stuff, fright fear land and a few more - I have no response from buttons on any
both aimtraks show up perfectly in the ds_diag
Looking at the debug it hooks to all of them ok .
I have tried every different version of demulshooter and teknoparrot

Could it be my operating system? it is win10pro 1909

ANy Ideas what it could be - im probably doing something stupid I really would like it to work

Tia for any ideas

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I have tried it on hotd4, lui,Demul stuff, fright fear land and a few more - I have no response from buttons on any

ANy Ideas what it could be - im probably doing something stupid I really would like it to work

Tia for any ideas

Two things come to mind for me either your scripts could be wrong (go ahead and post them for verification) or your antivirus is messing with it.

CtrlAltDelete

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2020, 01:00:22 pm
hi guys!ù

Try using Demulshooter v8.6.0, it is available in earlier posts in this thread. You can also use the -v parameter to see what's going on buy v8.6.0 did the trick for the version if my dump.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
hi guys!ù

did you update the game to rev c? demulshooter only works now on that update.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
hi guys!ù

did you update the game to rev c? demulshooter only works now on that update.
How can i update the game? Did you refeer too shader fix patch?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
Update to rev c.

Now player 2 it's enabled. But still impossible use two guns in game at the same time.

Demulshooter starter correctly, last versione avaible ( i downloaded on top)

Might missing the famous hotd mouse fix?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I wonder if support could be added for Planet Harriers it's a Sega Hikaru arcade playable on Demul. It's a pretty cool shooter.

Planet Harriers is a 3D rail shooter arcade video game published by Sega, developed by its Amusement Vision division, and is part of the Space Harrier series. It was produced both as a sit-down twin cabinet and a stand-up single cabinet. Wikipedia

After looking at a Youtube video I guess it's not a traditional Lightgun shooter it uses a joystick but it would still be cool to use a gun, although it may not be possible to emulate with a gun.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:56:08 pm by Jayinem »

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
hi guys!ù

Try using Demulshooter v8.6.0, it is available in earlier posts in this thread. You can also use the -v parameter to see what's going on buy v8.6.0 did the trick for the version if my dump.

here's my debug.txt file

Code: [Select]
16:09:35.326994 :
16:09:35.326994 : ---------------- Program Start -- DemulShooter v8.7.0.0 ----------------
16:09:35.326994 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C077#6&216feb00&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
16:09:35.342599 : P1 Device Handle = 65593
16:09:35.342599 : P2 device =
16:09:35.342599 : P2 Device Handle = 0
16:09:35.342599 : P3 device =
16:09:35.342599 : P3 Device Handle = 0
16:09:35.358103 : P4 device =
16:09:35.358103 : P4 Device Handle = 0
16:09:35.358103 : Cmdline arg 1 : -v
16:09:35.358103 : Cmdline arg 2 : -target=lindbergh
16:09:35.358103 : Cmdline arg 3 : -rom=hotd4
16:09:35.389355 : Enabling virtual gun Mouse buttons: P1 Middle = [C]
16:09:35.389355 : Enabling virtual gun Mouse buttons: P1 Right = [F]
16:09:35.389355 : Waiting for Lindbergh hotd4 game to hook.....
16:10:03.490937 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08153065
16:10:03.495939 : Game not Loaded, waiting...
16:10:03.988703 : Cannot read memory at address 0x08153065
16:10:03.992700 : Game not Loaded, waiting...
16:10:04.489143 : Attached to Process BudgieLoader.exe, ProcessHandle = 1180
16:10:04.494140 : BudgieLoader.exe = 0x00230000
16:10:04.500136 : Custom data will be stored at : 0x030D0000
16:10:04.514147 : Adding P1 InputStruct Codecave_1 at : 0x030E0000
16:10:04.520142 : Adding P2 InputStruct Codecave_1 at : 0x030F0000
16:10:04.531119 : Memory Hack complete !
16:10:04.536128 : -
16:11:41.627118 : BudgieLoader.exe closed

p1 e p2 are enable from start p1 e star p2 button

airming of both guns : work but guns not recognized (i think that p1 device is windows mouse)

trigger of both guns : not work

i use two lightgun like jaybee project http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161189.0.html

Jezmok

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 06:24:13 pm

Tia for any ideas

Two things come to mind for me either your scripts could be wrong (go ahead and post them for verification) or your antivirus is messing with it.

No script just running delulshooter from a powershell window then running the game in teknoparrot. - no antivirus either

command is normal command that is on the wiki for whatever game

does anyone have the tp version and demulshooter version that definately works with Win10 pro 1909?

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
hi guys!ù

here's my debug.txt file

16:09:35.326994 : ---------------- Program Start -- DemulShooter v8.7.0.0 ----------------
16:09:35.326994 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C077#6&216feb00&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

airming of both guns : work but guns not recognized (i think that p1 device is windows mouse)

i use two lightgun like jaybee project http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161189.0.html
Seems device id are differente than the gun id

dejawho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2020, 07:35:39 am
I'm having a strange problem with ninja assault (demul), I can't find where to calibrate the gun, I enter in the service menu, select something like "test ninja assault", but instead of having the classic screen where I can select the calibration of gun1/2 the game it is like restart and I can only play (it doesn't enter in the service menu anymore).

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
hi guys!ù

here's my debug.txt file

Seems device id are differente than the gun id

news?

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Is it only this game you are having an issue with?
If the guns are working with another TP based game maybe run that game with debug and see what the differences are. Might show why one works and one doesn't.
I could be reading it wrong but that debug looks like using version 8.7 and not newest, also looks like only one device attached and not two, plus the device appears to be a logitech optical mouse?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Nevermind fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:03:59 am by Jayinem »

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
You run fullscren of Windowed?

I checkd full screen mode but It still Windowed

Jayinem

• Offline Offline

I already forgot what game I'm trying to get so many to work was it Sega Golden Gun?

I use Jconfig High Resolution checked and DirectX9 wrapper checked, Windowed mode uncheckd.

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am

Is anyone having trouble running the demulshooter in its latest version along with Silent Hill? Here for me it stopped working.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline

I already forgot what game I'm trying to get so many to work was it Sega Golden Gun?

I use Jconfig High Resolution checked and DirectX9 wrapper checked, Windowed mode uncheckd.
Not work, seems I have some problem with direct 3d

Emilio5639

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2021, 05:14:01 pm
I'm trying to configure DemulShooter, but every time I start it up the GamePad Options are grayed out and set at B,X,A.  Is there a way I can change these to something else?  Thanks again.

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am having a hard time configuring my wii mote to play gun for games. So far I have one wii mote for testing.

STEP 1:

I created a profile for the games in Touch mote (e.g. HOTD 4), hooked it to BudgieLoader.exe, configured the controls as per my liking.

STEP 2:

Downloaded Demulshooter  Selected Xinput Gamepad#1 in P1 Device drop down list,configured the buttons on the main screen. Tested my wii mote on the "Act Labs Calibration" page could see my cursor

STEP 3:

Now this step is where I could me making a mistake, i created a hotd4.bat file with the following text/path/code/lines

@echo on
START DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
START E:\TeknoParrot_1.81\Games\hotd4\disk0\elf --profile=hotd4.xml
exit

Is the text/path/code/lines above correct or there is a problem in the lines above? If so do kindly correct me

Anyway I saved the above lines into a hotd4.bat and execute it, it minimizes in my system try (small black cmd prompt style window).

STEP 4:

Open TP select HOTD 4, configure controls (Tick Xinput, configure only Start and/OR Coin Button Only).

Run the game the Touchmote profile automatically swtiches to HOTD4 profile I created, BUT once in game

Cursor does not move at all and no buttons work (no trigger or grenade etc.)

I have tried Mouse for Gun Games in Dolphin Bar Mode 2, it works well but the Grenade does not work with any button or d-pad (B is Trigger and A is Reload, only 2 buttons work)

The main reason I want to use Touchmote is because I want FFB (Vibration) in my wii mote when used as a gun.

Kindly guide and help me, I have exhausted all of my options, cannot seem to get it to work.

Regards

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am having a hard time configuring my wii mote to play gun for games. So far I have one wii mote for testing.

STEP 1:

I created a profile for the games in Touch mote (e.g. HOTD 4), hooked it to BudgieLoader.exe, configured the controls as per my liking.

STEP 2:

Downloaded Demulshooter  Selected Xinput Gamepad#1 in P1 Device drop down list,configured the buttons on the main screen. Tested my wii mote on the "Act Labs Calibration" page could see my cursor

STEP 3:

Now this step is where I could me making a mistake, i created a hotd4.bat file with the following text/path/code/lines

@echo on
START DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
START E:\TeknoParrot_1.81\Games\hotd4\disk0\elf --profile=hotd4.xml
exit

Is the text/path/code/lines above correct or there is a problem in the lines above? If so do kindly correct me

Anyway I saved the above lines into a hotd4.bat and execute it, it minimizes in my system try (small black cmd prompt style window).

STEP 4:

Open TP select HOTD 4, configure controls (Tick Xinput, configure only Start and/OR Coin Button Only).

Run the game the Touchmote profile automatically swtiches to HOTD4 profile I created, BUT once in game

Cursor does not move at all and no buttons work (no trigger or grenade etc.)

I have tried Mouse for Gun Games in Dolphin Bar Mode 2, it works well but the Grenade does not work with any button or d-pad (B is Trigger and A is Reload, only 2 buttons work)

The main reason I want to use Touchmote is because I want FFB (Vibration) in my wii mote when used as a gun.

Kindly guide and help me, I have exhausted all of my options, cannot seem to get it to work.

Regards

HI:)

1.did you you update the house of the dead 4 to version c? (this is the only version that works with demulshooter.
2.this is my bat file configue:

Start   c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
Start   c:\tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.lnk --profile=hotd4.xml

the second line is based on teknoparrot shortcut and it works for me.

also try another game like rambo and see if it works for you.