Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 996467 times)

Jayinem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Got it working with mouse enabler. Anyway to make it fullscreen?

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
Are you talking about the "Silent Scope Complete" compilation on Xbox ?

yes.
Ok, so these games are not real arcade material but console adaptation....and they are already available and fully playable (the 3 of them) with PCSX2.
And you can even tweak things a little bit to play with an Aimtrak
So, unless there are details I don't know about, there are no reason to hack these games on Xbox

this is the only version with real light gun support, the ps2 not had it. in this thread, you can read that people cant get the ps2 version work with the aimtrak.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=154554.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:45:03 pm by lllll44 »

CtrlAltDelete

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2020, 01:00:22 pm
Does it require a special version of Teknoparrot?
I couldn't find info about this online. I guess most people are using mouse as controller on Teknoparrot (which works reasonably well) but I'm trying to use Demulshooter because I want two players.
Demulshooter works OK for other machines like vcop3, od, and hotd4.
For LMA, it correctly hooks to the emulator (it closes along with the emulator) but the crosshairs just won't move.
Thanks for the help!
I don't think any particular version of TP is required - even though it's not the safest emulator to update in general, so I may be wrong.
As usual, to have a quick check on what's going on and try to see easy mistakes, run Demulshooter with the -v option and share the resulting debug.txt file after using it
And of course, checking admin rights on execution, etc, etc...

Thanks for the help @argonlefou, I was not aware of the -v option and it is very useful.
I can see that the MD5 hash of the main executable is not matching so most likely I don't have the the same release of the game.
Any clue as to what release you targeted?
I added the debug log in case its helpful.

BTW, thank you very much for being so responsive. I greatly admire the work you have done. Its a very nice piece of engineering. I'm looking forward to the next release that supports the same inputs as DsDiag v2.0.
I really like this community and want to contribute back. I have fixed the issue with Touchmote not reaching the Left/Right sides of the screen and now Touchmote+DemulShooter work great (love wireless guns).
Once I re-learn how to use Github, I'll fork the Touchmote code, apply the changes and release a binary patch for the community to enjoy.

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
Are you talking about the "Silent Scope Complete" compilation on Xbox ?

yes.
Ok, so these games are not real arcade material but console adaptation....and they are already available and fully playable (the 3 of them) with PCSX2.
And you can even tweak things a little bit to play with an Aimtrak
So, unless there are details I don't know about, there are no reason to hack these games on Xbox

this is the only version with real light gun support, the ps2 not had it. in this thread, you can read that people cant get the ps2 version work with the aimtrak.

I have PCSX2 configured for gun games, I have 2 AimTracks, I tried various configurations but without success.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
It's like any version of Demulshooter is not working for me since I did a system restore. When I launch Haunted Museum without it I can enter coins and enter but when I launch Demulshooter 8.8.3 with it I cannot. When I launch 8.8.2 with the game I can enter coins etc.. but the gun is not working.  The game was working for me fine before with Demulshooter before system restore. Also couldn't get Aliens Extermination to work. Is there any registry entries or something I could delete to reverse this?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:49:30 pm by Jayinem »

dejawho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2020, 07:35:39 am
EDIT: nevermind, it seems I was able to solve this, even if I don't know how. Tired of everything I've deleted the demulshooter, demul and model2 folders and did all the configuration from scratch, calibrate the gun in the service menu and now everything seems to work.

Hi argonlefou,
I had long time ago the problem that my aimtrak 2 overlap with the aimtrak 1. I've read you did some fixes, so I'd tried the new version (8.7.0) and I have exactly the same problem. Just to recap in DS diag I see correctly the two devices and also the input seems correct. But when I use them with some emulators starts the problems, on model 2 the trigger of player 2 shoot as player 1, on demul the both the triggers shoot as all the players (trigger 1 shot for player 1 and 2 and viceversa). In some games instead it works correct, like silent hill the arcade.
I'd really like to fix this problem beacuse it is not usable like this, so I've deleted the old demulshooter folder to do a clean configuration.

I'm launching everything without any frontend with

D:\emulators\demulshooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize -v

D:\emulators\demullighgun\demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=hotd2

The config is this

;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P1GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P1GamepadRightClick = 4096
P1GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P1GamepadStick = L
P1GamepadVibrationEnabled = 0
P1GamepadVibrationLength = 50
P1GamepadVibrationStrength = 0

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#9&2f312172&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P2GamepadRightClick = 4096
P2GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P2GamepadStick = L
P2GamepadVibrationEnabled = 0
P2GamepadVibrationLength = 50
P2GamepadVibrationStrength = 0

;Player3 Device configuration
P3Device =
P3GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P3GamepadRightClick = 4096
P3GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P3GamepadStick = L
P3GamepadVibrationEnabled = 0
P3GamepadVibrationLength = 50
P3GamepadVibrationStrength = 0

;Player4 Device configuration
P4Device =
P4GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P4GamepadRightClick = 4096
P4GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P4GamepadStick = L
P4GamepadVibrationEnabled = 0
P4GamepadVibrationLength = 50
P4GamepadVibrationStrength = 0

;Model2 emulator keyboard keys to change in-game crosshairs
M2_P1_CH = 8
M2_P2_CH = 9
M2_CH_VIS = 10

;Enable Pedal-Mode for TTX Gundam Zeon, and set Keys
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_KEY = 34
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_KEY = 35

;Offset for devices lacking calibration (Act Labs gun, etc...)
Act_Labs_Offset_Enable = 0
P1Act_Labs_Offset_X = 0
P1Act_Labs_Offset_Y = 0
P2Act_Labs_Offset_X = 0
P2Act_Labs_Offset_Y = 0
P3Act_Labs_Offset_X = 0
P3Act_Labs_Offset_Y = 0
P4Act_Labs_Offset_X = 0
P4Act_Labs_Offset_Y = 0

;VirtualGun Button keys for users who don't have more than a trigger with Aimtrak
P1VirtualButtons_Enable = 0
P1VirtualMiddle_Key = 46
P1VirtualRight_Key = 33
P2VirtualButtons_Enable = 0
P2VirtualMiddle_Key = 47
P2VirtualRight_Key = 34
P3VirtualButtons_Enable = 0
P3VirtualMiddle_Key = 48
P3VirtualRight_Key = 35
P4VirtualButtons_Enable = 0
P4VirtualMiddle_Key = 49
P4VirtualRight_Key = 36

;Heavy Fire Afghanistan settings
HF3_Path =
HF3_CoverSensibility = 3

;Heavy Fire Shattered Spear settings
HF4_Path =
HF4_CoverSensibility = 3

This is the debug

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16LxBxAS-hCOHxy28VcMjJvXuh0KVa1e2

Please give me an hand because I don't really know how to solve this, I've retried many times with multiple version and it doesn't works
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 05:26:34 pm by dejawho »

CtrlAltDelete

• Offline Offline
Hi argonlefou, I tried DemulShooterX64.exe -target=seganu -rom=lma but I couldn't make it work. I tried it on x64 versions of DemulShooter v8.7.0, v8.8.2, and v8.8.3. I also tried x86/regular versions of Demulshooter just in case but no luck. Do you know if its working fine? Does it require a special version of Teknoparrot?
I couldn't find info about this online. I guess most people are using mouse as controller on Teknoparrot (which works reasonably well) but I'm trying to use Demulshooter because I want two players.
Demulshooter works OK for other machines like vcop3, od, and hotd4.
For LMA, it correctly hooks to the emulator (it closes along with the emulator) but the crosshairs just won't move.
Thanks for the help!

If you use demulshooter64 + touchmote, It doesn't work.

It works only with demulshooter64 + dolphin bar in mode2 (mouse mode).

@SuperMagoAlex You were right, it does work with Dolphinbar emulating a mouse. Unfortunately, that way you can only use one wiimote.
Demulshooter.exe (x86) works fine with Touchmote simulating 2 gamepads on different games I have tried but DemulshooterX64.exe has trouble with gamepad stick input.
I also noticed that Demulshooter expects the main executable to be the "lm_speedfix" found in another forum, not the one in the original dump.
When you use the original exe, it throws "/!\ MD5 Hash unknown, DemulShooter may not work correctly with this target /!\"

@argonlefou I'm attaching logs of DemulshooterX64 working with a virtual mouse (Dolphin Bar Mode 2) and not working with virtual gamepad. Note that Demulshooter.exe (x86) works fine with the same virtual gamepad and other games.
If anyone has a recommendation or need me to try something else. I'd be happy to do so.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:58:34 am

And there are also people who managed to do so :

I'll look at the cxbx game if I have time in the future, but even if I have some available time to do so ...it doen't mean I'll have enough if this is too long to do

I also noticed that Demulshooter expects the main executable to be the "lm_speedfix" found in another forum, not the one in the original dump.
When you use the original exe, it throws "/!\ MD5 Hash unknown, DemulShooter may not work correctly with this target /!\"
Ok ! To be honest I didn't know there were more than 1 version of the game so this explains a lot of things.
Thank you for the information, I'll check this and add it so both would work

@SuperMagoAlex You were right, it does work with Dolphinbar emulating a mouse. Unfortunately, that way you can only use one wiimote.
Demulshooter.exe (x86) works fine with Touchmote simulating 2 gamepads on different games I have tried but DemulshooterX64.exe has trouble with gamepad stick input.

@argonlefou I'm attaching logs of DemulshooterX64 working with a virtual mouse (Dolphin Bar Mode 2) and not working with virtual gamepad. Note that Demulshooter.exe (x86) works fine with the same virtual gamepad and other games.
If anyone has a recommendation or need me to try something else. I'd be happy to do so.
I'll explain a couple of things (again  :laugh:) :
DemulShooter.exe is a 32bit binary and can't access 64bits process memory (such as Luigi Mansion Arcade)
DemulShooterX64.exe is a 64 bits binary that will work with 64bits games like Luigi Mansion Arcade, but will cause trouble with native 32bits dll
Right now the 2 are the same source compiled differently and I don't like it because a lot of people don't read and do garbage by using the wrong one...this is my fault and this will change in the future as the 2 versions will not be the same anymore and DemulShooterX64 won't run with any other game than the ones it has been designed for

As for the gamepad issue with LMA, it's a bug I wasn't aware on the release of the game and is (hopefully soon) to be fixed ASAP

It's like any version of Demulshooter is not working for me since I did a system restore. When I launch Haunted Museum without it I can enter coins and enter but when I launch Demulshooter 8.8.3 with it I cannot. When I launch 8.8.2 with the game I can enter coins etc.. but the gun is not working.  The game was working for me fine before with Demulshooter before system restore. Also couldn't get Aliens Extermination to work. Is there any registry entries or something I could delete to reverse this?
No registry, no hidden files. Just the DemulShooter folder.
If you broke your whole system, I can't do anything for you unfortunatelly
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:59:43 am by argonlefou »

lllll44

• Offline Offline

And there are also people who managed to do so :

I'll look at the cxbx game if I have time in the future, but even if I have some available time to do so ...it doen't mean I'll have enough if this is too long.

hi argon.
I know this guy in the video. he use the mouse patcher hack in this and
: 1. its only work with silent scope 1, not 2 and 3.
2. it has major problems with the zoom in, its too sensitive.
so its still far from a good solution for those games.
thank you for your hard work, i really hope you will have the time to look on the xbox version, but if not, still a huge thank you for your hard work.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:40:41 pm by lllll44 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Demulshooter v8.8.4 :

DemulShooterX64.ewe has been updated to work with both "Luigi Mansion" dump, and to fix unworking buttons with XInput

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:27:46 pm
Demulshooter v8.8.4 :

DemulShooterX64.ewe has been updated to work with both "Luigi Mansion" dump, and to fix unworking buttons with XInput

Works perfect now for Luigi's Mansion (1 and 2 players), thanks!

My config:
Win10
Touchmote
1 dolphin bar (mode 4)
2 Wiimotes

:applaud:

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Trying to play Atmoiswave games with Demul. I moved Demulshooter to the directory and put in this command

run, DemulShooter.exe -target=demul7a -rom=xtrmhunt

My mouse cursor just blinks and Demulshooter doesn't not launch. I never had this problem with anything else but Demul.

Do I need to put exact version? Like

run, DemulShooter.exe -target=demul7a[221215] -rom=xtrmhunt

I tried that too didn't work.

Edit: I read where Demul version 7a 180428 is the last version to work. So I downloaded that but it's the same issue.

NM I got the right script now and its working.

If anyone wants a script to run a Demul lightgun game with Demulshooter in Launchbox or whatever frontend use AHK

run, DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=sprtshot
run, demul.exe -run=awave -rom="sprtshot"

replace awave with naomi if it's a naomi game for example.  Make sure you make a copy of Demulshooter and put it in the same directory as Demul for this to work or SetWorkingDir, put the location to Demulshooter needs to be added. Then compile it into an exe that way you don't have to worry about any settings in the frontend. Then just throw the .exe in the frontend and it'll work.  If you try to configure settings in the frontend it'll be more difficult to run demulshooter and the game.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:51:42 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Is there no compatibility with Death Crimson OX 2 (Jap only) with Demul? If not could it be added?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Is there no compatibility with Death Crimson OX 2 (Jap only) with Demul? If not could it be added?
I can't test right now, but did you try demulshooter with the same command used for the other Death Crimson OX rom ?
In theory  this should work fine, I added the real rom name only for widescreen patch that are dfferent with each rom. But controls should be handled the same way. I'll add this exat rom in the wiki and a a separate command line option if it's ok

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Hi I have just watched some Dead Crimsom 2 video (2 and not OX2). I think its a dreamcast game, not arcade.
In fact it seems older than OX, and graphically its more similar to dead crimsom 1 (saturn)

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
hi guys! for playing lightgun games with psx emulator and ps2 emulator on pc i still need demulshotter or not?

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
hi guys! for playing lightgun games with psx emulator and ps2 emulator on pc i still need demulshotter or not?

CtrlAltDelete

• Offline Offline
Demulshooter v8.8.4 :

Works perfect now for Luigi's Mansion (1 and 2 players), thanks!

My config:
Win10
Touchmote
1 dolphin bar (mode 4)
2 Wiimotes

:applaud:

Same here. I can confirm that the new version correctly supports both the original dump and the lm_speedfix version. Also using Dolphin bar mode 4 + 2 wiimotes under Win10.
:notworthy: to Argon. You are awesome!

@Super Mago Alex, don't you have issues with Touchmote reaching the left/right sides of the screen? I had to fix and compile my own flavor of Touhmote to fix that. I was planning to fork the project and publish the fix over the weekend but I wonder if its a widespread issue or just me...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:47:12 pm by CtrlAltDelete »

CtrlAltDelete

• Offline Offline
If anyone wants a script to run a Demul lightgun game with Demulshooter in Launchbox or whatever frontend use AHK

replace awave with naomi if it's a naomi game for example.  Make sure you make a copy of Demulshooter and put it in the same directory as Demul for this to work or SetWorkingDir, put the location to Demulshooter needs to be added. Then compile it into an exe that way you don't have to worry about any settings in the frontend. Then just throw the .exe in the frontend and it'll work.  If you try to configure settings in the frontend it'll be more difficult to run demulshooter and the game.
@Jayinem, Have you found a way to add the working directory of the executables within the AHK script? I prefer to keep my BATCH scripts in a separate folder and avoid repeating instances of Demulshooter for every game. Now that I'm trying to migrate to AHK, I'm having trouble with establishing the working dir. The help info wasnt very clear to me :S

Example:
Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, E:\_Demulshooter\DemulShooter_v8.8.3\
Run, Cxbx.exe /load E:\MicrosoftXboxChihiro\Games\Virtua Cop 3\vc3.xbe, E:\MicrosoftXboxChihiro\Emulator\CxbxReloaded-Release-09-04-2020\
Sleep, 1000
WinActivate, Cxbx-Reloaded
WinWaitActive, Cxbx-Reloaded
SendInput, !{Enter}
return

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
@Super Mago Alex, don't you have issues with Touchmote reaching the left/right sides of the screen? I had to fix and compile my own flavor of Touhmote to fix that. I was planning to fork the project and publish the fix over the weekend but I wonder if its a widespread issue or just me...

I didn't notice any problems, I just finished the game with my daughter today  8)

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
Run, E:\Demulshooter\DemulShooter_v8.8.3\DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3
SetWorkingDir, E:\MicrosoftXboxChihiro\Emulator\CxbxReloaded-Release-09-04-2020\
Run, Cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe
Sleep, 1000
SendInput, !{Enter}
return

Try this.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline

@Jayinem, Have you found a way to add the working directory of the executables within the AHK script? I prefer to keep my BATCH scripts in a separate folder and avoid repeating instances of Demulshooter for every game. Now that I'm trying to migrate to AHK, I'm having trouble with establishing the working dir. The help info wasnt very clear to me :S

Example:
Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, E:\_Demulshooter\DemulShooter_v8.8.3\
Run, Cxbx.exe /load E:\MicrosoftXboxChihiro\Games\Virtua Cop 3\vc3.xbe, E:\MicrosoftXboxChihiro\Emulator\CxbxReloaded-Release-09-04-2020\
Sleep, 1000
SendInput, !{Enter}
return

SetWorkingDir, and just add the path. Think of SetWorkingDir, the same as cd (change directory) is in command prompt.

I just prefer copying the Demulshooter files into each directory but each to his own.

For Virtua Cop 3 this is my AHK script which is inside the CXBX directory which also includes Demulshooter.

Run, Cxbx.exe /load C:\Users\*\Downloads\CxbxReloaded-Release-VS2019\vc3.xbe, C:\Users\*\Downloads\CxbxReloaded-Release-VS2019\cxbx

Run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3,  C:\Users\*\Downloads\DemulShooter_v8.8.3\demulshooter

Honestly I started using scripts for the first time in my life a few weeks ago and I don't know what some of the ones you have mean like WinActivate or WinWaitActive but I haven't needed them for the games to work.  I just compile the AHK script into an .exe add a game in Launchbox and add the .exe and add my own pics that's it, I can just launch the game from the .exe in Launchbox done. The way I do it you don't even have to configure any emulators in Launchbox. I assume it would be the same for any other frontend but Launchbox is the only one I've used.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:57:17 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline

No for those you need nuvee plugin (google it) and add the .dll from it to the plugins folder of PS1 and PS2 emulators. You usually have to configure each game every time you load it but I've been able to find scripts to bypass that if you need any assistance let me know.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 07:02:45 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I can't test right now, but did you try demulshooter with the same command used for the other Death Crimson OX rom ?
In theory  this should work fine, I added the real rom name only for widescreen patch that are dfferent with each rom. But controls should be handled the same way. I'll add this exat rom in the wiki and a a separate command line option if it's ok

Yeah it's a Dreamcast game. I got it working without Demulshooter actually. Can't remember what I did I was having trouble at first.

dejawho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2020, 07:35:39 am
Trying to play Atmoiswave games with Demul. I moved Demulshooter to the directory and put in this command

run, DemulShooter.exe -target=demul7a -rom=xtrmhunt

My mouse cursor just blinks and Demulshooter doesn't not launch. I never had this problem with anything else but Demul.

Do I need to put exact version? Like

run, DemulShooter.exe -target=demul7a[221215] -rom=xtrmhunt

I tried that too didn't work.

Edit: I read where Demul version 7a 180428 is the last version to work. So I downloaded that but it's the same issue.

NM I got the right script now and its working.

little ot, I always used launchbox with demul with the option to hide the mouse pointer, now with the last version of LB it is not working anymore. This option is still working for you?

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 11:58:42 pm
Hi Argon, I just installed the game RELOAD and have set it all up as per your instructions on the wiki Exactly as I have for all the other windows games but it is not working. The Crosshair is just flying around the screen. Demulshooter is loading up fine but it is not having any effect on the game. Is there a certain version of Demulshooter I should be using.

Thank you

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Behind Enemy Lines on Model 2. Is it impossible to play 1 player? I have tried changing the device #s to everything I can think of and I can calibrate player 1 but then it asks for player 2 and I realized it won't save your settings in the test mode unless you also calibrate player 2.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon, I just installed the game RELOAD and have set it all up as per your instructions on the wiki Exactly as I have for all the other windows games but it is not working. The Crosshair is just flying around the screen. Demulshooter is loading up fine but it is not having any effect on the game. Is there a certain version of Demulshooter I should be using.

Thank you
It's not a question of demulshooter version, but you may have a different game binary - which is not compatible.
This is a big issue with windows games
Can you send me a debug.txt file ? (use demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=reload -v)

Behind Enemy Lines on Model 2. Is it impossible to play 1 player? I have tried changing the device #s to everything I can think of and I can calibrate player 1 but then it asks for player 2 and I realized it won't save your settings in the test mode unless you also calibrate player 2.
You can't complete calibration with only one player on this game. H
Here's a workaround if you only have 1 unique lightgun :
- Configure the same device for P1 and P2 in demulshooter GUI
- Run bel rom and do calibration for P1 and PP2 with your only gun
- Save and quit, then remove P2 device in demulshooter
- Enjoy bel as single player  ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:20:14 am by argonlefou »

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 11:58:42 pm

Thank you
It's not a question of demulshooter version, but you may have a different game binary - which is not compatible.
This is a big issue with windows games
Can you send me a debug.txt file ? (use demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=reload -v)

Hi Argon Heres the debug.txt you asked me for

You can't complete calibration with only one player on this game. H
Here's a workaround if you only have 1 unique lightgun :
- Configure the same device for P1 and P2 in demulshooter GUI
- Run bel rom and do calibration for P1 and PP2 with your only gun
- Save and quit, then remove P2 device in demulshooter
- Enjoy bel as single player  ;)

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I finally got it working the issue was that I didn't know how to exit the emulator to save the settings I was having to use alt+tab and that doesn't save settings. I loaded it through Launchbox which adds a script to escape and then it saved settings and now it's wokring. TY very much for your help.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:29:51 am by Jayinem »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
I'm a bit dumb, Friction works with gameloader + demulshooter. I only had to launch my bat as administrator and demulshooter hooks properly.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
One more thing and unless someone uses Launchbox or another frontend I might not get an answer. But how do you use Demulshooter + model 2 + make an escape key exit the game? if I load a game in Launchbox and attach it to the Model 2 emulator it adds an escape key but then it doesn't have Demulshooter attached when I run it.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
BTW...redream (another dreamcast emulation) now support light gun, maybe in the future it will be better than demul:)

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
BTW...redream (another dreamcast emulation) now support light gun, maybe in the future it will be better than demul:)

Flycast too. But ReDream no naomi support flycast does.

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2023, 12:47:41 am
6.2 update is here, added support for Gundam : Spirit of Zeon

I'll let you seek all information to install and run the game itself, you'll find it on the internet....There are 2 available patched "game.exe" :
- 1 to play 1P
- 1 to play 2P with both player side by side on the same screen
To play the Dual Screen exe, you'll have to use the Game Loader All RH utility

As for what I can do, it starts here. I did a lot of changed with this game :
- Remapped mouse buttons used by default (bazooka was right-click, now it's middle click as usually right-click is off-screen trigger for us, lightgun users.....)
- Added a Gundam tab on the GUI to enable some kind of "pedal-mode" for P1 or P2. With this hack the game will be played like Time Crisis series. People using older act labs gun updating their position only when pulling the trigger cannot play the original game without this hack (on arcade you're hide by just pointing the gun out of the screen). And as a fan of Time Crisis, I like it better this way :)
- And of course support 2P when playing the Dual Screen exe

As usual, everything I could think of is written in the README file

To remove the crosshairs : MEGA.NZ
Overwrite files in /data/images/ subdirectory

--------------
As for other games (work in prgress)
- Far Cry : I can enable 2P in it, but the game itself is really buggy and keep asking for a dongle every now and then. And even more often when you plug a second player so ...standby for now (unless someone has a solution)

-LEts go Island : As soon as I'll be able to run it in windowed mode to analyse it's memory, I'll be able to add support for it..

Hi Argon, how to get the 2nd player aimtrak gun working on dual screen using Game Loader All RH? i entered DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=gsoz2p and only 1 p seem working ......................

i dont think Demulshooter working on the latest Game loader ALL RH, can you please share GameloaderRH v279?  ..... Thank you Argon!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 10:45:15 am by SaputraJ »

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Hello Argon,

Thanks for all your hard work again. With the latest version I now have Luigi's mansion working correctly.

I think I may have found a bug though...

I have been having terrible trouble with Haunted Museum 2 AKA FrightFearLand. For a long time, I couldn't get it to work reliably and I have just learned how to recreate the behaviour.

In the file haunted2.ini, there are two lines:

CNFNAME .\sv\
RANKFILE .\sv\

If the sv directory exists, then demulshooter will not work. If the sv folder is absent, then demulshooter works every time, but I have to reconfigure each time. This holds true whatever you name the directory. If I remove the lines the config files are written to the parent directory and demulshooter will never work. Does that behaviour make sense to you?

Edit:
I've just realised that Gaia Attack also displays the same behaviour.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:25:32 am by Tomkun »

SaputraJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2023, 12:47:41 am
6.2 update is here, added support for Gundam : Spirit of Zeon

I'll let you seek all information to install and run the game itself, you'll find it on the internet....There are 2 available patched "game.exe" :
- 1 to play 1P
- 1 to play 2P with both player side by side on the same screen
To play the Dual Screen exe, you'll have to use the Game Loader All RH utility

As for what I can do, it starts here. I did a lot of changed with this game :
- Remapped mouse buttons used by default (bazooka was right-click, now it's middle click as usually right-click is off-screen trigger for us, lightgun users.....)
- Added a Gundam tab on the GUI to enable some kind of "pedal-mode" for P1 or P2. With this hack the game will be played like Time Crisis series. People using older act labs gun updating their position only when pulling the trigger cannot play the original game without this hack (on arcade you're hide by just pointing the gun out of the screen). And as a fan of Time Crisis, I like it better this way :)
- And of course support 2P when playing the Dual Screen exe

As usual, everything I could think of is written in the README file

To remove the crosshairs : MEGA.NZ
Overwrite files in /data/images/ subdirectory

--------------
As for other games (work in prgress)
- Far Cry : I can enable 2P in it, but the game itself is really buggy and keep asking for a dongle every now and then. And even more often when you plug a second player so ...standby for now (unless someone has a solution)

-LEts go Island : As soon as I'll be able to run it in windowed mode to analyse it's memory, I'll be able to add support for it..

Hi Argon, how to get the 2nd player aimtrak gun working on dual screen using Game Loader All RH? i entered DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=gsoz2p and only 1 p seem working ......................

i dont think Demulshooter working on the latest Game loader ALL RH, can you please share GameloaderRH v279?  ..... Thank you Argon!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hello Argon,

Thanks for all your hard work again. With the latest version I now have Luigi's mansion working correctly.

I think I may have found a bug though...

I have been having terrible trouble with Haunted Museum 2 AKA FrightFearLand. For a long time, I couldn't get it to work reliably and I have just learned how to recreate the behaviour.

In the file haunted2.ini, there are two lines:

CNFNAME .\sv\
RANKFILE .\sv\

If the sv directory exists, then demulshooter will not work. If the sv folder is absent, then demulshooter works every time, but I have to reconfigure each time. This holds true whatever you name the directory. If I remove the lines the config files are written to the parent directory and demulshooter will never work. Does that behaviour make sense to you?

Edit:
I've just realised that Gaia Attack also displays the same behaviour.
Does that behaviour make sense to me? Not at all.....There is absolutely no link between those conf files and DemulShooter, and I'm playing all TTX games with the sv folder and the ability to save my settings

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Ahhh, man. I was hoping you'd have the answer. I just can't figure it out! It's only those two games as far as I can tell and it certainly does make a difference if the files/folders are there or not. There must be some sort of connection, but I cannot see it.

Edit:

I think I may have accidentally stumbled across something. I keep all my emulators etc, on a software RAID (Windows storage spaces to be precise), thinking that it could have been a drive letter issue, I copied the game across to another (non-raid) drive and it worked! I created another raid partition with a different drive letter and sure enough it doesn't work. So it seems that at least partially, the software raid has something to do with it. Any idea why that could be? I am very much out of my depth now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:01:35 am by Tomkun »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I could have some clues for Fright Fear LAnd, as there are  A LOT of different exe (and Fright Fear Land, even if the game content is the same, is really NOT equals to Haunted Museum 2 game when we"'re talking about the .exe file)
I know original Global VR FFL release is more or less ---smurfy--- and heavily modified, whereas the later Haunted Museum 2 is closer to the original state

The only common point with all these TTX game is the later release of JConfig files (with modified .exe) ....that's the only clue I can give

I recently re-tested all TTX games for a new DemulShooter release, and checked all exe MD5 hash. All of them (FFL, Haunted museum2, gaia attack) worked without any issue with all the different version I tested, sv folder included