Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 996525 times)

zelectah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2021, 02:00:23 pm
  • Setting up an arcade pc :3
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1040 on: December 22, 2017, 04:13:42 am »
Yeah, @Anx is maybe right. I red about the distance thing a while ago. I red that you have to be pretty far away to get the most exact aiming for your screen size.
This is maybe causing my problems. It's a 50" screen and my max distance can be 3-3,5m because there is a wall ^^.
When I switch to mouse control via wiimote its no problem to get to the edges.

Does the aimtraks got a better ratio? Because they are using the same method, or am I wrong?
What for is the usb cable to the guns, just energy?
Do you know if their bt bar is working with the wiimotes and maybe better then the dolphin bar?

I tested it again and can get to nearly 32k but with aiming outside the screen.
I believe its a dead end I have to accept and live with unless I buy a pair of aimtraks.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:58:34 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1041 on: December 22, 2017, 04:34:16 am »
Yeah, @Anx is maybe right. I red about the distance thing a while ago. I red that you have to be pretty far away to get the most exact aiming for your screen size.
This is maybe causing my problems. It's a 50" screen and my max distance can be 3-3,5m because there is a wall ^^.
When I switch to mouse control via wiimote its no problem to get to the edges.

Does the aimtraks got a better ratio? Because they are using the same method, or am I wrong?
What for is the usb cable to the guns, just energy?
Do you know if their bt bar is working with the wiimotes and maybe better then the dolphin bar?

I tested it again and can get to nearly 32k but with aiming outside the screen.
I believe its a dead end I have to accept and live with unless I buy a pair of aimtraks.
Aimtrak limitations are kind of similar. I have also a 50" screen and a wall behind me (~2.5m). I've no issue for left-right aiming but if I don't get as far as I can I can't go to the very bottom of my screen

The usb cable is there for power and bi-directionnal data transmition, as you can change the Aimtrak settings
The method is similar, but the LED bar and sensors are not the same and so they are not compatibe. Aimtrak should be more accurate but I won't give my opinion as I never tested Wiimotes

The good point is that you can calibrate your Aimtrak easily in 5 sec whenever you want, so that you don't have to shoot off-screen to actually be inside of it :)

zelectah

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1042 on: December 22, 2017, 06:07:42 am »
Yeah and I believe that is the major point with the wiimotes. There is nothing to calibrate them.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #1043 on: December 22, 2017, 07:08:21 am »
Sorry bit late to the party :p

But yes the problem will be caused by the size to distance ratio between you and your TV.
You can try getting as far away from the TV as possible to prove it, Even if it means aiming with the gun right infront of your eye as opposed to arms outreached like you would normally.

If you go the Aim Trak route you would probably want to buy the extended IR bar as well which allows them to be used on a larger screen without the problems you describe.

Not sure is there is a extended IR bar for Wii motes but maybe worth looking into?

Lt.Frost

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2018, 04:14:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1044 on: December 22, 2017, 08:27:09 am »
DemulShooter v7.0a :
- Fixed RawInput handling for latest Windows 10 compatibility
- Fixed Operation GHOST, it's not crashing anymore with Windows 10

Enjoy !http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/Smileys/default/tool.gif

You sir, are a legend! :notworthy:
This is an early christmas gift  :lol Thank you so much!
I did a quick testing and although I still dont have gun movement in ds_diag, LGI and OG are working like a charm using dual guns now :)
I will do some further testing with more games over the holiday and will report here.

Yeah and I believe that is the major point with the wiimotes. There is nothing to calibrate them.

I am also a lightgun fan from Germany, and I can really recommend the Aimtraks :) I have played all the lightgun games on the actual Wii with Wiimotes, and I can say that the Aimtraks provide a better Arcade-original feeling. Calibrating is very easy, and it is essential for me as I often change the screen resolution per each game (still have to go around that later, like LGI needs 1024x600 to run fullscreen)

I am playing on a 60 inch screen and with the Aimtrak Super IR bar it works perfectly

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1045 on: December 22, 2017, 09:13:43 am »
although I still dont have gun movement in ds_diag, LGI and OG are working like a charm using dual guns now :)
Hmmm I may have forgotten to copy the new Ds_Diag.exe in the zip  ::)
If you want to try this one it should be working

jefftukang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2018, 01:07:09 pm
« Reply #1046 on: December 22, 2017, 12:08:07 pm »
At first: argonlefou, your work is more than excellent, considering that you are only one person doing all the programming, quality control and support. :applaud:
And now to my reason to register here:

I observed following issues with Demulshooter 7.0a playing HOTD3 PC[SoldOutGames-version]:

1.) I use 2 aimtraks both configured completely identical. I also exchanged them (their Demulshooter's assignments) for P1 and P2 and the test results
were all the same:   It doesnot depend on the aimtrak gun used, but on the player assigned, if the SIGNALS for mouse right and mouse middle work. They do not work for P1 even when configured in aimtrak driver "shoot outside the screen to reload", only trigger (=mouse left on screen, mouse right off screen) works and sends mouse left signal only, other signals dont work. But P2 can always use all 3 buttons, manually reload and "shoot outside the screen to reload"-reload.

Additional information: this HOTD3 version does not work with TS1, but works flawlessly with TS2 (with all 3 buttons on each gun).
Ds_Diag.exe  shows, that the hardware works correct, all 3 gun buttons of both guns are recognized there.

2.) Sometimes if I shoot outside the screen and point back on the screen, the P1 gun looses for some 10 seconds the "contact" to his crosshair, and it "parks" in the lover left corner. This behavior was only observed ingame with demulshooter running; it is not a hardware problem.

3.) My quadcore CPU can not handle the game anymore and it freezes when I activate the "virtual middle button" function. CPU is simply overloaded.
Freezes can happen only when I point the guns on the screen.

4.) "DemulShooter commandlines can now be run from anywhere (no need to "cd" to the directory)"  function doesnot work for me. I have Vista x64 if it helps.

Wishlist:

1.) Please, integrate the PC versions of HOTD1   and    HOTD2 [empire version] into demulshooter.
     Background: TS1 works for me with HOTD2 [empire version] with jumping crosshairs; TS2 hack says it works, but the gun movement and buttons  simply control nothing ingame, means no shooting no crosshair movement. It just would be perfect to handle all PC HOTDs with demulshooter.
2.) Blue estate, even if the user would need to buy -but not to use- the microsoft gamepad.

Please, forgive me my simple english, I usually speak russian or german. If you wish to translate the interface, just say it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:37:34 pm by jefftukang »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1047 on: December 22, 2017, 02:00:21 pm »
Ok let's start with the easiest part :

Wishlist:

1.) Please, integrate the PC versions of HOTD1   and    HOTD2 [empire version] into demulshooter.
     Background: TS1 works for me with HOTD2 [empire version] with jumping crosshairs; TS2 hack says it works, but the gun movement and buttons  simply control nothing ingame, means no shooting no crosshair movement. It just would be perfect to handle all PC HOTDs with demulshooter.
2.) Blue estate, even if the user would need to buy -but not to use- the microsoft gamepad.
1) This will never happen: HOTD1 & HOTD2 Windows version are just crappy ports from arcade.
Both games are fully playable in nearly arcade-perfect state emulation (with Model2Emulator and Demul)

2) So far Blue Estate is not working, whatever I tried (Well, I can alter buttons and aim but not in a playable way, and sometimes it crashes). Unfortunately, even with a real Gamepad there is no way to use it as a Lighgun to aim.
And this is the same issue for "Rambo : the video game" on steam

1.) I use 2 aimtraks both configured completely identical. I also exchanged them (their Demulshooter's assignments) for P1 and P2 and the test results
were all the same:   It doesnot depend on the aimtrak gun used, but on the player assigned, if the SIGNALS for mouse right and mouse middle work. They do not work for P1 even when configured in aimtrak driver "shoot outside the screen to reload", only trigger (=mouse left on screen, mouse right off screen) works and sends mouse left signal only, other signals dont work. But P2 can always use all 3 buttons, manually reload and "shoot outside the screen to reload"-reload.
I may have a very old version of Aimtrak utility (v2.0) but there is no option called "shoot outside the screen to reload" for me
So I'm not sure to understand what you are refering to.

Could you check the CRC or MD5 of your hod3pc game executable ?
Sounds like this version is different from the one I used.
It's working well with P2 as P2 is working with keyboard keys I'm simulating, whereas P1 is memory hacking

4.) "DemulShooter commandlines can now be run from anywhere (no need to "cd" to the directory)"  function doesnot work for me. I have Vista x64 if it helps.
What's your issue ?
Just in case, you still need to specify the path of demulshooter when you want to run it :
C:\Program Files\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=XXX -rom=XXX for example
What changed is that, before, you had to BE in the folder to run the command or DemulShooter couldn't find it's conf/memory files

Anyway, I'll check again Hotd3 tomorrow at home, I didn't test it with the latest release
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:02:46 pm by argonlefou »

jefftukang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1048 on: December 22, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »
So far Blue Estate is not working, whatever I tried (Well, I can alter buttons and aim but not in a playable way, and sometimes it crashes). Unfortunately, even with a real Gamepad there is no way to use it as a Lighgun to aim.
And this is the same issue for "Rambo : the video game" on steam
Rambo issue..... oh I understand. Really sorry to hear that.

I may have a very old version of Aimtrak utility (v2.0) but there is no option called "shoot outside the screen to reload" for me
So I'm not sure to understand what you are refering to.
You have correct version. My "shoot outside the screen to reload" just describes a typical aimtrak configuration with:
TRIG:    mouse left on screen             mouse right off screen
LEFT:    mouse right on screen           -
RIGHT:     mouse middle on screen           -
with mouse right used for reload inside the game.

Just in case, you still need to specify the path of demulshooter when you want to run it
I must have misunderstood the meaning of command line function.

Could you check the CRC or MD5 of your hod3pc game executable ?
Sounds like this version is different from the one I used.

[Info]
Format=MD5
CreatedBy=CDCheck

[Data]
0228818e9412fc218fcd24bfd829a5a0 hod3pc.exe

[Info]
Format=CRC-32
CreatedBy=CDCheck

[Data]
7b3ed7f3 hod3pc.exe

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
« Reply #1049 on: December 22, 2017, 05:53:01 pm »
I upgraded DemulShooter to the newest version (v7.0a) and now when I try to run any shooting games in Demul v0.7a( House Of The Dead 2 etc.) Demul crashes. I simply returned to DemulShooter v6.9d, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's just something with my setup.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:44:52 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #1050 on: December 22, 2017, 06:32:29 pm »
Same problem here with win10

zelectah

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1051 on: December 23, 2017, 02:11:37 am »

I am also a lightgun fan from Germany, and I can really recommend the Aimtraks :) I have played all the lightgun games on the actual Wii with Wiimotes, and I can say that the Aimtraks provide a better Arcade-original feeling. Calibrating is very easy, and it is essential for me as I often change the screen resolution per each game (still have to go around that later, like LGI needs 1024x600 to run fullscreen)

I am playing on a 60 inch screen and with the Aimtrak Super IR bar it works perfectly

Very nice to hear if I got a few detailed question ;).
Do you have to calibrate for every resolution again? I thought you calibrate with your main windows resolution, 1920x1080 for example, and the games are just streched to this res.?

jarnalyrkar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2018, 03:32:33 pm
« Reply #1052 on: December 23, 2017, 03:55:50 am »
Hi! First of all, thank you very much for creating awesome software!

I'm having trouble with getting light guns to work with the model2 emulator (1.1a). Maybe any of you can point me in the right direction? I have two aimtrak guns which works fine in MAME, and have been calibrated with the aimtrak software (2.0, with 9.19 firmware).

When I start a gun game in the model2 emulator, the blue cursor hugs the corners only, and the red cursor is non-existent. This won't let me calibrate the guns properly within a game. Both guns are found in the demulshooter Devices Diagnostic, and this is where I got the ID's for the guns, to put in the model2 config file.

If I turn off UseRawInput, the games works fine, but only for one player. It seems to me in the debug log that the guns aren't properly assigned, for some reason, but I'm not sure.

Any tips? Would love to get this up and running as I'm having guests tomorrow :D

model2 emulator.ini:
UseRawInput=1
RawDevP1=\\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
RawDevP2=\\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#8&389ab7f3&0&0000#{378de44c-67ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

Debug from DemulShooter (version 7.0a):
09:35:51.450899 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
09:35:51.450899 : P1 device =
09:35:51.450899 : P1 device handle = 0
09:35:51.450899 : P2 device  =
09:35:51.450899 : P2 device handle = 0
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=vcop2
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
09:35:51.471900 : DirectInput Keyboard hook installed
09:35:51.474900 : Waiting for Model2 vcop2 game to hook.....
09:36:00.078392 : Attached to Process emulator.exe, ProcessHandle = 872
09:36:00.078392 : emulator.exe = 0x00400000
09:36:00.078392 : Calculated address 1 = 0x03580020
09:36:01.079449 : Controls memory base address = 02BC3BC8
09:36:01.080450 : Memory Hack complete !
09:36:01.080450 : -
09:37:00.700860 : emulator.exe closed
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:03:15 am by jarnalyrkar »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1053 on: December 23, 2017, 04:46:32 am »
Ok just to make sure :
- You have both player controls set to "KEYBOARD" in the ho3launch.exe ? (assuming you have this program with your version of the game)

Then I'll need you tu run DemulShooter like this :
demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -v
or
demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -noautoreload -v
Next run the game, move your guns a little, try to shoot and exit.
And I'll need you to join here the debug.txt file created by DemulShooter (in it's own folder)

[Info]
Format=MD5
CreatedBy=CDCheck

[Data]
0228818e9412fc218fcd24bfd829a5a0 hod3pc.exe

[Info]
Format=CRC-32
CreatedBy=CDCheck

[Data]
7b3ed7f3 hod3pc.exe
Well, it does not correspond to any of the hod3pc.exe I have  :(
So, and it's only a hypothesis, it's possible that the memory hacking is not compatible.  We'll see what to do according to your debug.txt file

3.) My quadcore CPU can not handle the game anymore and it freezes when I activate the "virtual middle button" function. CPU is simply overloaded.
Freezes can happen only when I point the guns on the screen.
Indeed, nice catch. I didn't check back then but it's CPU hungry. I've change that it should be better now ;)

I upgraded DemulShooter to the newest version (v7.0a) and now when I try to run any shooting games in Demul v0.7a( House Of The Dead 2 etc.) Demul crashes. I simply returned to DemulShooter v6.9d, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's just something with my setup.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Same problem here with win10
Did you update Demul to the latest release ? 0.7a_v111117
This is one of the change in DemulShooter 7.0: old Demul build 0.7a 180816 is no longer supported

Very nice to hear if I got a few detailed question ;).
Do you have to calibrate for every resolution again? I thought you calibrate with your main windows resolution, 1920x1080 for example, and the games are just streched to this res.?
For DemulShooter you should not need to redo calibration, I'm handling resolutions:
Aimtrak calibration is for Aimtrak only to output raw data according to the position of your gun and the light bar, it does not care about resolution and other stuff
Once agin, I'm speaking from DemulShooter point of view. Don't know for other things

So there is DemulShooter 7.0b :
- Fixed too high CPU usage with the virtual middle button enabled
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:48:04 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
« Reply #1054 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:09 pm »
 I'm gonna test with the new version of of Demul
*Edit  Updated Demul and all appears to be working properly!  Thanks Argon  :applaud:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:35:53 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

jefftukang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1055 on: December 24, 2017, 07:20:20 am »
Ok just to make sure :
- You have both player controls set to "KEYBOARD" in the ho3launch.exe ? (assuming you have this program with your version of the game)
Yes: hod3launch.exe is there and still needed to run the hod3pc.exe.  The "KEYBOARD" is set for both players.

So, and it's only a hypothesis, it's possible that the memory hacking is not compatible.  We'll see what to do according to your debug.txt file
I ran the test using the Demulshooter 7.0b with      -v -noautoreload.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1056 on: December 24, 2017, 08:25:36 am »
Thanks, all is looking OK....as long as you were testing it in a windowed mode (if you were fullscreen, I'd found the final axis values not normal)
The last hope would be to send me your zipped .exe by mail so that I can look at it. But I can't promise you anything, if the exe is not running with game files I have (OR if it needs some kind of protection/registration) it will be a blind modification with 50% chance of success

jefftukang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1057 on: December 25, 2017, 10:10:15 am »
I was playing it in full screen all the time. At the end I used mouse to close the game. But I dont know how to mail to you, and if I am allowed to upload the file here.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1058 on: December 25, 2017, 01:07:34 pm »
I was playing it in full screen all the time. At the end I used mouse to close the game. But I dont know how to mail to you, and if I am allowed to upload the file here.
Fullscreen ? And the game's cursor was at the right position when you aimed ?? It would be strange

You'll find my mail in the PDF guide, and you're not allowed to post the file here because it's copyrighted material ;)

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
« Reply #1059 on: December 25, 2017, 02:18:56 pm »
Hi Argon! I got a problem with with Demulshooter, my mouse movement are not being read. The crosshair only stays at upperleft for both Player 1 and Player 2 but when I check with Ds_Diag.exe, mouse movement and clicks seems to be fine. Do you know what am I missing here?

Also, does demulshooter works with a regular mouse and touchpad of laptop?

Im using Demulshooter 7.0b

18:28:46.829675 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.830176 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ FFFFFFFF, 0001 ]
18:28:46.830676 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.830676 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.831176 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ -317, -136 ]
18:28:46.831176 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
18:28:46.831676 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.831676 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
18:28:46.832176 : -
18:28:46.838180 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.838681 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
18:28:46.839182 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.840183 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.840682 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ -317, -136 ]
18:28:46.841183 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
18:28:46.842183 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.842684 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0002
18:28:46.843684 : -
18:28:46.917737 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.918237 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, 0001 ]
18:28:46.918237 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.918737 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.918737 : Error converting screen location to client location
18:28:46.925744 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.926244 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ FFFFFFFF, 0001 ]
18:28:46.926244 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.926744 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.926744 : Error converting screen location to client location
18:28:46.981782 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.982783 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ FFFFFFFF, 0001 ]
18:28:46.983283 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.983283 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.983785 : Error converting screen location to client location
18:28:46.989788 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:46.990288 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ FFFFFFFE, 0002 ]
18:28:46.990788 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
18:28:46.991289 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
18:28:46.991790 : Error converting screen location to client location
18:28:47.005799 : RawData event for Device #1:
18:28:47.006299 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ FFFFFFFE, 0002 ]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:46:18 pm by leslie »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1060 on: December 27, 2017, 02:40:21 pm »
Hi Argon! I got a problem with with Demulshooter, my mouse movement are not being read. The crosshair only stays at upperleft for both Player 1 and Player 2 but when I check with Ds_Diag.exe, mouse movement and clicks seems to be fine. Do you know what am I missing here?

I'm affraid I've no idea, Ds_Diag and DemulShoter share the same code so  ... :-\
It's clear on your log that RawData is not as expected. If you're using a regular mouse that can be the cause and it may not work

There's no rules for that. It will depend on the hardware : if the touchpad/mouse is responding to RawInput requests from windows, and if they output Absolute or Relative coordinates. Usually the answer is no, but again there's no rule

jarnalyrkar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1061 on: December 27, 2017, 05:35:00 pm »
Hi! First of all, thank you very much for creating awesome software!

I'm having trouble with getting light guns to work with the model2 emulator (1.1a). Maybe any of you can point me in the right direction? I have two aimtrak guns which works fine in MAME, and have been calibrated with the aimtrak software (2.0, with 9.19 firmware).

When I start a gun game in the model2 emulator, the blue cursor hugs the corners only, and the red cursor is non-existent. This won't let me calibrate the guns properly within a game. Both guns are found in the demulshooter Devices Diagnostic, and this is where I got the ID's for the guns, to put in the model2 config file.

If I turn off UseRawInput, the games works fine, but only for one player. It seems to me in the debug log that the guns aren't properly assigned, for some reason, but I'm not sure.

Any tips? Would love to get this up and running as I'm having guests tomorrow :D

model2 emulator.ini:
UseRawInput=1
RawDevP1=\\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
RawDevP2=\\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#8&389ab7f3&0&0000#{378de44c-67ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

Debug from DemulShooter (version 7.0a):
09:35:51.450899 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
09:35:51.450899 : P1 device =
09:35:51.450899 : P1 device handle = 0
09:35:51.450899 : P2 device  =
09:35:51.450899 : P2 device handle = 0
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=vcop2
09:35:51.450899 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
09:35:51.471900 : DirectInput Keyboard hook installed
09:35:51.474900 : Waiting for Model2 vcop2 game to hook.....
09:36:00.078392 : Attached to Process emulator.exe, ProcessHandle = 872
09:36:00.078392 : emulator.exe = 0x00400000
09:36:00.078392 : Calculated address 1 = 0x03580020
09:36:01.079449 : Controls memory base address = 02BC3BC8
09:36:01.080450 : Memory Hack complete !
09:36:01.080450 : -
09:37:00.700860 : emulator.exe closed

... I'm a bleeding idiot. Sorry for taking space in your thread. I didn't realize I had to run the demulshooter first to configure it. I just ran the program from the command line. So yeah, my problem was solved just by opening the program by mistake. Well, everything works now, and you're still awesome for making this program! :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1062 on: December 28, 2017, 01:26:01 am »
... I'm a bleeding idiot. Sorry for taking space in your thread. I didn't realize I had to run the demulshooter first to configure it. I just ran the program from the command line. So yeah, my problem was solved just by opening the program by mistake. Well, everything works now, and you're still awesome for making this program! :)
Nice !
And I'm Really sorry, I totally missed your last post  :-\ !

jarnalyrkar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1063 on: December 28, 2017, 07:23:59 am »
Nice !
And I'm Really sorry, I totally missed your last post  :-\ !

No worries, christmas and all that.. I also see that there's plenty traffic in this thread, so it's easy to miss one :)

I'm not quite out of the woods yet. Both guns are now seen by all the emulators and works. However, I would like to have a universal setup that works for all emulators, so I don't have to mess with the Aimtrak software in order to switch games - it should just have one config, that works for all the emulators, I think, especially since you can't change configs with ease through AHK scripts and the likes.

What I would like is to set the trigger / left / right in Aimtrak to GP Button 1, 2 and 3 respectively, and then use JoyToKey to assign what buttons they should represent in a given emulator. I don't care for reloading by shooting outside the screen - I'd rather use one of the buttons on the gun. However, that doesn't seem to work with the model2 emulator.  I suppose I am not the first to encounter this problem, so what do you do for several systems and configs? I'm using the Launchbox/ BigBox front end, so it's easy to launch scripts or trigger other programs with the emulator.

I am using the demulshooter user guide (which is a great piece of work in itself!), but I'm still struggling to get to the finish line :)

The worst part is that I had it all working as I wanted before, but after an update on my pc everything fell apart...

I'll post my systems (and games) below.
MAME:
Alien 3: The Gun
Beast Busters
Crypt Killer
Jurassic Park
Laser Ghost
Lethal Enforcers
Lethal Enforcers 2
Point Blank
Point Blank 2

Model2:
The House of the Dead
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2

Demul:
The House of the Dead 2

PCSX2: (uses the nuvee plugin, obviously)
Time Crisis / Point Blank 3
Time Crisis II
Time Crisis 3

FreezeSMS: (an obscure one, but works great for this)
Marksman Shooting / Trap Shooting / Safari Hunt

Windows:
Silent Hill: The Arcade
The House of the Dead 3

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1064 on: December 28, 2017, 10:26:28 am »
What I would like is to set the trigger / left / right in Aimtrak to GP Button 1, 2 and 3 respectively, and then use JoyToKey to assign what buttons they should represent in a given emulator. I don't care for reloading by shooting outside the screen - I'd rather use one of the buttons on the gun. However, that doesn't seem to work with the model2 emulator.  I suppose I am not the first to encounter this problem, so what do you do for several systems and configs? I'm using the Launchbox/ BigBox front end, so it's easy to launch scripts or trigger other programs with the emulator.

I am using the demulshooter user guide (which is a great piece of work in itself!), but I'm still struggling to get to the finish line :)

The worst part is that I had it all working as I wanted before, but after an update on my pc everything fell apart...

I'm not sure to understand correctly your issue so ...I'm sorry if I'm going the wrong way  :D
If you want to reload using a button of your Gun - and assuming this button is wired to the Aimtrak circuit - you just have to open the Aimtrak utility and assign "right mouse" to this button for both on-screen and out-of-screen
This way, no need for JoyToKey

I've never had to change my Aimtrak conf, it's working for every lightgun game I have (and oh god, there's a LOT of them now  ;D)
I'm just using Ahk scripts for extra-butons I have on my Gun (and wired to the AImtrak), so that I can translate them to keyboard keys for START etc.....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:28:05 am by argonlefou »

jarnalyrkar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1065 on: December 28, 2017, 11:40:05 am »
I'm not sure to understand correctly your issue so ...I'm sorry if I'm going the wrong way  :D
If you want to reload using a button of your Gun - and assuming this button is wired to the Aimtrak circuit - you just have to open the Aimtrak utility and assign "right mouse" to this button for both on-screen and out-of-screen
This way, no need for JoyToKey

I've never had to change my Aimtrak conf, it's working for every lightgun game I have (and oh god, there's a LOT of them now  ;D)
I'm just using Ahk scripts for extra-butons I have on my Gun (and wired to the AImtrak), so that I can translate them to keyboard keys for START etc.....

That's true, but that leads to another problem, which may be easier to solve:
If I set trigger to left mouse button, and the left button to the right mouse button in aimtrak, mame detects both as if they are the same key (Gun 1 B0).. Any clever tricks that springs to mind?  ;D

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working now, I think, need to keep testing. I'll bug you if I find more trouble down the road, but for now; thank you very much :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:48:44 pm by jarnalyrkar »

leslie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1066 on: December 29, 2017, 03:25:14 am »

I'm affraid I've no idea, Ds_Diag and DemulShoter share the same code so  ... :-\
It's clear on your log that RawData is not as expected. If you're using a regular mouse that can be the cause and it may not work

There's no rules for that. It will depend on the hardware : if the touchpad/mouse is responding to RawInput requests from windows, and if they output Absolute or Relative coordinates. Usually the answer is no, but again there's no rule

Thanks argonlefou, I will try some more test and see how it will go. I'll just post an update here if I manage to get it working. :)

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #1067 on: December 30, 2017, 05:04:53 pm »
Time Crisis II
Time Crisis 3

How can you run a proper game of Point Blank 3??!!
I can't get from the start vid. Got other games like "Time Crisis - Project Titan" running pretty good on PCSX Reloaded though,
but PB3 seems to be a stubborn title.

I have PCSX2 running Time Crisis 2 and 3 + Crisis Zone (with some slowdowns and fog, but that might mor be my gpu and the emu I guess)
Can I run Point Blank 3 for PS1 in that emulator too?

Any help with settings/emulators to try appreciated....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:07:37 pm by gstav »
"One coin to rule em' all"

jarnalyrkar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1068 on: December 31, 2017, 08:03:03 am »
Time Crisis II
Time Crisis 3

How can you run a proper game of Point Blank 3??!!
I can't get from the start vid. Got other games like "Time Crisis - Project Titan" running pretty good on PCSX Reloaded though,
but PB3 seems to be a stubborn title.

I have PCSX2 running Time Crisis 2 and 3 + Crisis Zone (with some slowdowns and fog, but that might mor be my gpu and the emu I guess)
Can I run Point Blank 3 for PS1 in that emulator too?

Any help with settings/emulators to try appreciated....

There's a japanese-only disc for the PS2 that is named Gunvari Collection, which contains the three Point Blank games, as well as the first Time Crisis :) It works fine with the nuvee plugin for pcsx2 :)

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #1069 on: December 31, 2017, 11:55:12 pm »
Happy New Year Argon!

Thanks for all of your hard work over the last year, all of us shooter fans are in your debt and I'd like to take the opportunity to wish you the very best for the new year. :cheers:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1070 on: January 01, 2018, 05:49:28 am »
Thanks guys  :cheers:
Let's hope we get a lot of new gun games this year :)

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #1071 on: January 01, 2018, 01:48:56 pm »
Thanks guys  :cheers:
Let's hope we get a lot of new gun games this year :)

Absolutely!  Looks like Reaver and the Teknogods team are working on and have Transformers: Human Alliance working  :applaud:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/214242367##  (starts at 5:00)
Maybe supported in the next TP release.....?

Lindbergh next, Bring on 2018 !

leslie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1072 on: January 02, 2018, 05:59:03 pm »
hi argon! Just a quick update regarding my problem with Demulshooter, I already made the test and it does not work with regular mouse and touchpad. It works fine with 2 aimtrak gun. :)

Phil1972

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2019, 02:22:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade!
« Reply #1073 on: January 02, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »
Hi Argon,

Happy new year bud!

Just came back on testing.  I tried 7.0b and so far so good with what I had before.
I am now trying to get OG to work and although ds_diag seems fine, the fire button of player 2 does not work in-game.  Everything else works, (P1 move+fire and P2 move).

Code: [Select]
20:52:20.687937 :
20:52:20.703563 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
20:52:20.719193 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#7&23fea4a1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
20:52:20.760212 : P1 device handle = 2424925
20:52:20.797689 : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#7&6f69e7b&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
20:52:20.813289 : P2 device handle = 187105945
20:52:20.828890 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=ringwide
20:52:20.875815 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=og
20:52:20.938331 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
20:52:21.020410 : Impossible to register DirectInput keyboard
20:52:21.067312 : Waiting for RingWide og game to hook.....
20:52:22.565976 : Attached to Process gs2.exe, ProcessHandle = 1140
20:52:22.566476 : gs2.exe = 0x00400000
20:52:22.566977 : P2_X adddress =  0x0B7FB998
20:52:22.567977 : P2_Y adddress =  0x0B7FB99C
20:52:22.568978 : Custom Axis data will be stored at : 0x0C920000
20:52:22.571500 : Adding Trigger CodeCave at : 0x0C930000
20:52:22.573499 : Adding Axis CodeCave at : 0x0D8D0000
20:52:22.574500 : Memory Hack complete !
20:52:22.574997 : -
20:52:29.072260 : gs2.exe closed

Do you have an idea of what could cause that?
I am starting OG with GameLoaderAllRh without teknoparrot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:54:04 pm by Phil1972 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1074 on: January 03, 2018, 04:45:33 am »
Just came back on testing.  I tried 7.0b and so far so good with what I had before.
I am now trying to get OG to work and although ds_diag seems fine, the fire button of player 2 does not work in-game.  Everything else works, (P1 move+fire and P2 move).

Hi, Happy new year too :)

For your issue, I can tell you what is causing that, but not why.
From your log :
Something is buggy when DemulShooter is using the directx.directinput from it's directory to hook the keyboard, so there's an issue with the keyboard handling in a general way :
2P buttons are just keyboard keys, and I'm simulating keystroke (not with DirectInput, but with windows API that seems buggy too)
You can try on a real Keyboard with NumPad[5] (P2 Trigger), NumPad[0] (P2 Reload), NumPad[-] (P2 Action) and NumPad[.] (P2 Change Weapon)
But why is it buggy....that I don't know :(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:48:18 am by argonlefou »

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #1075 on: January 03, 2018, 09:20:52 am »
Something is buggy when DemulShooter is using the directx.directinput from it's directory to hook the keyboard, so there's an issue with the keyboard handling in a general way :
2P buttons are just keyboard keys, and I'm simulating keystroke (not with DirectInput, but with windows API that seems buggy too)
You can try on a real Keyboard with NumPad[5] (P2 Trigger), NumPad[0] (P2 Reload), NumPad[-] (P2 Action) and NumPad[.] (P2 Change Weapon)

You could use a program like Xpadder or Joy2Key to get around the problem.
I have Xpadder profiles for a bunch of titles.  You could also use an AHK script to send your trigger through as a keypress.

Won't fix your bug but both are reasonable options to work around it.

Good luck

Phil1972

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1076 on: January 03, 2018, 09:54:54 am »

Hi, Happy new year too :)

For your issue, I can tell you what is causing that, but not why.
From your log :

Thanks Anx, I will look into this.

Argon, do you think it would be possible that I debug the problem?  Is it possible to add more logs as to where the code has issues and see if we can solve this?
Because Demulshooter works with other games on the same PC so I assume it might be related to OG specifically.
I could debug it myself if you do not have much spare time, but I would need to have the code.
I think that if fixing this could benefit a few people, it might be worth it ;)

thanks,

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1077 on: January 03, 2018, 11:49:13 am »

Argon, do you think it would be possible that I debug the problem?  Is it possible to add more logs as to where the code has issues and see if we can solve this?
Because Demulshooter works with other games on the same PC so I assume it might be related to OG specifically.
I could debug it myself if you do not have much spare time, but I would need to have the code.

thanks,
The list of games needing Keyboard keys is very short : Hod3PC, Operation Ghost and Silent Hill
I'm pretty sure that you'll encounter the same problem for all of them

The first thing is, are you running DemulShooter as an admin ? Windows will block keyboard hooking from the program if you have no admin privilege (to protect you from an hidden keylogger for example...)

I'll add some lines in the debug process for this matter, I'll post an updated exe alone soon

Phil1972

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1078 on: January 03, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »

thanks,
The list of games needing Keyboard keys is very short : Hod3PC, Operation Ghost and Silent Hill
I'm pretty sure that you'll encounter the same problem for all of them

The first thing is, are you running DemulShooter as an admin ? Windows will block keyboard hooking from the program if you have no admin privilege (to protect you from an hidden keylogger for example...)

I'll add some lines in the debug process for this matter, I'll post an updated exe alone soon

It might explain why I had issues with Silent Hill then ;)
I was not there yet in my list of games to fix :)

hmmm might not be 'running as administrator' per say.
I will try that when I come back home to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks for your time, will tests your new exe logs stuff when available.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1079 on: January 03, 2018, 03:27:11 pm »
DemulShooter 7.0c :

A new dump of Aliens: Extermination is available, with stripped dongle check
It now runs on a 64bits Windows  ;D without the need of a VM

So I changed a few things in DemulShooter :
-rom= aliens now targets the new exe ("aliens dehasped.exe")
-rom= alienshasp is now the command to target the original exe ("abhrelease.exe")

And I added a few lines in case of Keyboard issue for the debug file