Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hyperspin Wheel Art  (Read 7081 times)

JudgeRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Hyperspin Wheel Art
« on: February 19, 2016, 11:46:10 am »
Can anyone direct me to a decent pack of wheel art?  I know there are subscription options, but it's a little overkill for me.  I'm not obsessing over having art for every single game or updating it regularly.  I just want a "fairly" comprehensive pack I can unzip into the art folder. 

lamprey

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2019, 07:03:11 pm
Re: Hyperspin Wheel Art
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 01:14:08 pm »
I haven't looked at the media packs in a while, but would the HyperSpin wheel pack(s) work?
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/category/2-hyperspin-media/

jbl77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 04:52:21 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:19:18 pm »
I used Usenet to find mine.  Searched and pieced together about 110GB worth of graphics, pointers, themes, bezels and videos for various platforms. Obviously not using it all....but there if/when I want/need it.

No sure the rules....so I won't say the seach parameters.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:21:38 pm by jbl77 »

Alaska

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2023, 05:08:15 pm
  • Fight inflation not farmers
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 11:10:16 pm »
Can anyone direct me to a decent pack of wheel art?  I know there are subscription options, but it's a little overkill for me.  I'm not obsessing over having art for every single game or updating it regularly.  I just want a "fairly" comprehensive pack I can unzip into the art folder.

I think the lifetime subscriptions are up around $130 for HyperSpin and Emumovies.com, but the question is ... is it worth the time to piece together all of the files or fork over the cash, hit sync, and have wheel art for all of your games in a matter of minutes or hours? Needless to say I spent the money. I'm happy with the program and plan to use it in other cabs.

I believe that you can go to Emumovies.com and download wheel packs for free, but it limits how many at a time and how much data/day you can download. Worth a shot at least.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 12:42:21 am »
Yeah, I see the subscription stuff.  I found some wheel art.  I really just want some screen shots for each game.  I don't care that much about themes and videos and such, but for some reason I can't find a simple screen shot pack.   :-\

Alaska

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2023, 05:08:15 pm
  • Fight inflation not farmers
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 12:17:03 pm »
Yeah, I see the subscription stuff.  I found some wheel art.  I really just want some screen shots for each game.  I don't care that much about themes and videos and such, but for some reason I can't find a simple screen shot pack.   :-\

Before I decided to pay for the subscription I used google images and searched for "game title" and specified in the advanced search that I only wanted .png files. It's a bit time consuming, but if you only have a handful of games then it might be your best bet. Download the .png and throw it in your Wheel folder in HyperSpin with the exact rom name and it will show up in HyperSpin.

As far as themes and videos go. HyperSpin provides a program named HyperTheme (I believe). You can open this up and make general themes for your emulators. I enjoyed tinkering around with it, but again it can consume a large chunk of time.

The videos used by HyperSpin are .mp4 I believe. One way to go about it is to download youtube videos and insert them as game vids in the Media, Video folder. Just rename them the same as you rom extension and you are good to go.

If you just want a screen shot for the game and don't want to pay. You could make a Theme for each game and find some standard images online. Just insert the picture as a background and omit the video playback feature.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 04:03:53 pm »
Thanks, I'll see.  Probably will just pay the $75 for themes.  First, I'll probably try just transferring the wheel art into to theme section.  I read somewhere I can do that.

CSL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2018, 03:48:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:24:46 am »
i briefly considered manually getting all the art, vids etc i needed, but really once subscribed, you load up the program, and let it do its thing for a few days, worth every penny in time saved.