Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: W7 loses focus on Mala on CRT, but not o LCD?  (Read 2643 times)

someoneelse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2019, 11:18:52 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
W7 loses focus on Mala on CRT, but not o LCD?
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »
Hi,

I'm having trouble with W7 focus on MaLa when using a CRT, maybe someone can help me solve this.

Whenever i exit a game on the CRT Windows (7 64bit) loses focus in MaLa and I have to click the mouse button to be able to control MaLa again. The mouse pointer is always below the bottom rim of the screen when exiting games no matter where i leave it before, so it also brings up the task bar. The task bar itself is not the problem, though, it stays hidden as long as the focus is on Mala.
When i do the same when using an LCD it never loses focus, MaLa always stays on top (probably because in the background the mouse pointer stays where i left it)!

I tried to use shybar but that crashes when trying to start it. I've also tried the MaLa focus plugin, but that has not effect at all, no matter which folder (plugin or Mala main folder) i drop the files in. It does make MaLa completely freeze on exit, though...  :-\
Ive also unplugged the mouse, but the same happens, just that i then can't get focus on MaLa at all any more.

Any ideas oh what else I could try to make this work?

I'm aware that when i shell MaLa this will probably not happen any more, but for the next few weeks I'm tweaking the system, optimizing games and setting up gamelists so I'd rather not shell it at this point.

Malafocuslogger has spit out a file that I've attached (but can't interpret myself).

Thanks!

JamesTKirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2018, 09:09:02 pm
  • Boldly go .....
Re: W7 loses focus on Mala on CRT, but not o LCD?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:05:46 am »
What version of MaLA are you using?