Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: VGA Vector signal output  (Read 1726 times)

Edglaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 03:38:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
VGA Vector signal output
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:09:53 am »
Hi,

I´ve been offered an old oscilloscope with an almost round crt green phosphore tube, I suppose it is a little vectorial monitor (8" or less). It has 3 female jack inputs: Hor. input, Ver. input and sync.? (illegible label). I was wondering if it would be posible for a VGA card to output vectorial signal in order to run, say f.e. Asteroids. Or just for the sake of seeing a PC graphic on that display as a challenge (I am aware that it cannot be part of a realistic project in the short term).

To start with, surely some wiring is needed first, is there any schematics in the web?

Even though I assume Groovymame is currently only intended for raster display,  is it possible to create a driver for a VGA card to output a vector signal (hardware permitting)?

And adressing Calamity et al., do you expected to work on the issue in the future to come?

I'd like to thak you all those involved in this magnificent project. Groovymame and windows emudrivers have turned out to be great tools! :)