Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade ... Anyway to install Mahcade ?  (Read 1741 times)

Jollywest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 01:37:27 pm
GroovyArcade ... Anyway to install Mahcade ?
« on: December 06, 2015, 09:06:01 am »
I've been using the Stable GroovyArcade 2013 revision with Wahcade and everything works ok, but I would like to upgrade GroovyMame to the latest version and still use Wahcade/Mahcade.
From reading up Wahcade doesn't support the lastest versions of GM... but Mahcade does.

Anyway to install Mahcade into the 2015 GA beta please?...

or

Anyway to install Mahcade over the existing Wahcade install on the 2013 stable GA release?

Thanks

EDIT

Well as it happens, Mahcade is actually already installed on the stable GA distro albeit an older version.

To update it to the newer version, download the Mahcade source from the website.

Extract it (/home/arcade/wahcade) and then amend the 'install' file in the extracted directory as follows;

change the line;
PREFIX=/usr/local
to
PREFIX=/usr

change anywhere it says python in the 'install' file to python2 (about 4 or 5 times)

run
sudo ./install

I had to set the date on the system to the current date for it to install correctly;

sudo date --set="29 december 2015 19:52"

This version of mahcade only works with GM versions up to v0.153 though.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:52:36 pm by Jollywest »