Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need a lil help: Atari 2600 emulator & FE on cd for win98  (Read 1483 times)

SpamMe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2006, 03:19:58 am
  • .creature of bad habit.
    • Mame cabinet blog
Need a lil help: Atari 2600 emulator & FE on cd for win98
« on: August 19, 2004, 12:34:26 am »
My wife's friend is a pitfall fanatic. We just purchased a couple of these red octane atari joysticks, and we'd really like to give her one as a birthday present, along with a CD that would:
  • Have an atari emulator
  • Have a frontend preconfigured for the emulator/games list
  • Run on windows 98 without (ideally) needing to install anything locally.
We'd like it if she could just pop the cd in the drive and go without having to drop everything (say, to reboot into knoppix or something).
I don't have a windows 98 machine to test on, and borrowing theirs spoils the surprise. All suggestions appreciated :)

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2024, 08:57:59 am
  • GRRRR!
Re:Need a lil help: Atari 2600 emulator & FE on cd for win98
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 03:26:28 pm »
I was able to do this with mame 32 ver 56. I used ez cd creator to format my cd as a mini hard drive and installed mame to it , all the roms I wanted , ect. ect.
I then ran mame and did all the options as far as direct.
and controllers. exited mame and ejected the cd. EZ CD creator ask if I wanted to close the cd (make it read only)
yes.  
that was version 4.0  ( NOT compatable with XP  >:( )

I have not found a program like this for xp.  I have kept 1pc at my house windows ME just so I can still use this program.