Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Polulu rotation causing lost focus  (Read 9037 times)

epetti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2023, 10:15:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Polulu rotation causing lost focus
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:54:53 pm »
I've been running my rotating monitor using polulu's software on start and exit of games through Hyperlaunch. It had been working great, but I recently upgraded my computer and updated from Windows XP to Windows 7. Now I'm noticing that sometimes (maybe a third of the time), when I exit from MAME and it rotates back, Hyperspin loses focus. The screen is showing, but no controls work and I basically have to Alt-Tab to switch it back from desktop focus to Hyperspin focus. Don't know if it's a Windows 7 thing or something else changed while I was upgrading everything.

Anyone else ever experience this or have suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Re: Polulu rotation causing lost focus
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 09:40:42 am »
Sorry no one has answered you yet. I dont use hyperspin so know very little about it.
You might try posting this question over in Software, if you havent found the answer yet.

Spunky_Bruiser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2017, 01:04:19 pm
  • I try and always look to improve myself
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:20:20 am »
I have had that same problem happen to me as well without the rotating monitor software up and running yet. I am just at the point of getting to my servo and polulu and not sure how much I will like hyperspin crashing any more that the occasional hiccup now.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 08:21:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:11:19 am »
I haven't used Hyperspin beyond doing the minimum to set MAME up with it and kick the tires.  Never used Hyperlaunch.  Personally I don't like any extra programs messing with my mappings or emulator settings.

I use Mala which sometimes has issues with focus on startup.  As a last resort one can create an autohotkey script that will post a mouse click on the screen to regain focus.
Maybe something similar could be done with Hyperlaunch if there is an option to run a script on game exit.  (IIRC all the hyperspin stuff is basically autohotkey language anyway, but it's been a long time)