Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Should i purchase??  (Read 2310 times)

Dillthegreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2002, 10:04:34 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Should i purchase??
« on: July 09, 2002, 10:01:50 pm »
Hello
i was going to purchase a wellsgarnder 27" monitor , but as it seems they have sold there last one for 300 2 days before i could get my hands on it :(
they still have
"Nanao 29" Dual Res Monitor
29" monitor with 15/24k resolution suitable for Sega cabinets."

now they are 500AUS and i want to know are these just as good as the wells gardner ,  i want to be using on my cab for both computer games and mame/ other emulators and wells gardner was great as it has support for vector games :(
can i get the pro's and con's on this monitor pls :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Should i purchase??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 06:47:37 pm »
I didn't think these words could ever come out of my mouth, but I believe that monitor would be too big for an arcade cabinet.  Think about it, your going to be standing about 1 foot from a huge 29 inch screen.  There's no way your going to be able to watch the whole screen at once not to mention make/find a modest sized cab tht it would actually fit in. The standard space reserved for a monitor in width is about 26 inches.  A 27 inch monitor fits in this space with about 2-4 inches to spare.  A 29 inch would fill the entire space with no border.  

Then again with bezel artwork now supported in mame you could have a "virtual bezel" that takes up alot of that screen real estate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »