Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovy mame custom monitor specs  (Read 1836 times)

stiegi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2020, 04:23:44 pm
  • We learn from experience.
Groovy mame custom monitor specs
« on: September 04, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »
Hello!

I am using groovy mame 0.149. I recently bought a Siemens TV everything is fine but the picture is shifted to the left.

I tried to change the monitor specs in vmmaker (hfront porch hback porch ..) in order to shift the picture. I use the option

custom monitor in vmmaker.

The problem is that the changes do not affect the picture because when I start groovy mame it writes the message - switchres

could not find a video mode that meets your specs

To put it simple - what settings do I have to take that groovymame actually uses the monitor specs line in vmmaker configuration?

regards,

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:02:51 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Groovy mame custom monitor specs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 05:12:14 am »
In this post you have instructions on how to port vmmaker's monitor_specs format into groovymame's crt_range format. It's really straightforward.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

stiegi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2020, 04:23:44 pm
  • We learn from experience.
Re: Groovy mame custom monitor specs
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:43 am »
Hello Calamity!

Thanks for your advice. I am going to check this out - I discovered that I overlooked something in mame.ini. There is so much info about

groovy mame out there that it is hard to sort everything out.

I have also found the wiring diagram for my old tv - the picture is so much more "arcade like" than the Sony PVM. There is a trim poti on

the pcb which can adjust picture amplitude (vertical size). For anyone having a specific TV model and can`t find the service manual - first

of all find out what chassis you have got - there are the same chassis for different models and it is easier to find a wiring diagramm for a

specific chassis.

Keep up the good work

Regards,

Alex