Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Standalone pedal set  (Read 1768 times)

NIVO

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 12:32:13 pm
  • danny_galaga is my mail man.
    • N.A.M.E. - arcade cabinet project
Standalone pedal set
« on: July 23, 2015, 05:59:56 am »
Hey fellas. I figured I'd post these in here as they do indeed pertain to Driving/Racing.

First up is my standalone pedal set I've built. They also retain the possibility of being put in a sim driving cockpit later as well. Constructed heavy, stout and skid-less on carpet hehe. The day after I received my Logitech G27 box, I decided what the hell.....................Warranty Voided! So now I have a my own custom set of pedals inverted for racing. Just took some careful planning and rounding up materials. Hardest was determining pedal height and degree of tilt. Bottom of the throttle pedal is about 5 5/58" from the foot rest. Degree of tilt is approximately 45-50 degrees. Feels perfect. I did shift the brake to the left about 1/2" or so and still have ability to heel/toe.
What I need to do now is either secure some grip strip to the bottom of the throttle or look for other pedal plates with better grips. My foot wants to tend to slide down on the pedal. Center hole to center hole on the stock plates is about 36mm. So if anyone knows of some pedal plates that fits this criteria, I'd love to hear about them.

These have also been modded with different springs for all 3 pedals from GT.Eye. Makes a ton of difference in feedback during racing. No more linear brake pedal, you actually do feel a load cell type feel on the brake(which is indeed what you want).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:09:45 am by NIVO »