Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone tried MAME v.162 with Mala yet?  (Read 1704 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Anyone tried MAME v.162 with Mala yet?
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:05:39 am »
From the release notes it sounds like there were major changes to the xml.
I'm afraid this might be the beginning of the end for Mala since it isn't being developed to keep up.

Anyone try it yet?

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
Re: Anyone tried MAME v.162 with Mala yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »
That could be a bummer.  I'm not a huge fan of most of the other FEs out there - I don't want to have to learn a scripting language just to make a theme.  That's one of the things I like about Mala, stupid easy to theme.

BMOC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2015, 08:08:38 am
Re: Anyone tried MAME v.162 with Mala yet?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:55 am »
I just updated to mame 162 and Mala is working just fine.

However I only have a single games list and run mame roms, I don't have a tree, multiple emulators, or anything else.

Mame and Mess have been merged so that it's one executable now.  Trying to figure out how to run some snes roms at the moment and see if I can get that working with Mala.  If anyone has done this, report back because I'm not finding it that easy to dig up info about how to do it.