Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala gamelist order  (Read 1355 times)

darth_turd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2015, 01:28:12 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mala gamelist order
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:51:55 am »
Hey everyone, new cabinet builder here, and new to mala and mame. I seem to be able to figure most things out, and I'm getting closer to the point of actually building the cabinet.
My question for now is this: How do i alter the order of the gamelist? I have the list down to just few that i intend to use, but mala keeps them in a very specific order.
I tried the editor by thund3rstruck in this thread http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,101104.0.html, but doesnt appear to be able to save the order. Looks like it put them in the .ini in the order created, but by the time it becomes an .mlg its back in a different order.
Is there actually a way of changing this?

Many thanks in advance!

bmanbdaman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2018, 10:03:23 pm
Re: Mala gamelist order
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:33:46 am »
I just added a random game list and it puts it in alphabetical order (by created file name). Looks like you need a naming convention that fits the order you want your items in and just change the display name to reflect it. The list name (i.e. on disk) could be what makes sense to you.

Like this, maybe.

EMUlist1 - named Action
EMUlist2 - named Puzzle
EMUlist3 - named Best Co-op

darth_turd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2015, 01:28:12 pm
Re: Mala gamelist order
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:10:37 am »
Yeah, ive basically just renamed lots of them, (so for instance Pang! and Mighty Pang! appear together, as well as Space invaders being next to Super Space Invaders).
Seems to be the only work around i can see, which is a shame, as would be nice to keep the original names.