Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cthulhu for PS3  (Read 1963 times)

jaharr01

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2020, 06:28:16 am
  • Try and fail, but don't fail to try
Cthulhu for PS3
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:43:09 pm »
Hey guys I bought a Cthulhu to use for my PS3 in my Daytona cabinet I'm building. So for controllers I have a Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals and the Cthulhu.When I set up the Cthulhu I tested it on my PC so I know the buttons all work. I have the Driving Force Pro in the first USB port and the Cthulhu is in the 2nd.The problem is the only buttons I can get to work are the buttons on the D pad and the triangle,square,circle, and the x button. The R1 R2 L1 start, select, and home do not work. L2 isn't hooked up. Okay guys I don't know crap about consoles. I don't know if I'm doing something bone head or not. I know all the buttons work when hooked to the PC. Only idea I have is to see if it works if I unhook the controls on my wheel. I need to get the PS button working at least so I can exit games. Any help would be appreciated

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Cthulhu for PS3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:06 am »
Hey guys I bought a Cthulhu to use for my PS3 in my Daytona cabinet I'm building. So for controllers I have a Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals and the Cthulhu.When I set up the Cthulhu I tested it on my PC so I know the buttons all work. I have the Driving Force Pro in the first USB port and the Cthulhu is in the 2nd.The problem is the only buttons I can get to work are the buttons on the D pad and the triangle,square,circle, and the x button. The R1 R2 L1 start, select, and home do not work. L2 isn't hooked up. Okay guys I don't know crap about consoles. I don't know if I'm doing something bone head or not. I know all the buttons work when hooked to the PC. Only idea I have is to see if it works if I unhook the controls on my wheel. I need to get the PS button working at least so I can exit games. Any help would be appreciated

Isn't there a forum for this?  ::)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:14:16 pm »
Just a thought have you tested the buttons with the wheel unplugged?
Since all the buttons are working on the PC there's really no reason it shouldn't work, also double check all the disconnects and make sure all are properly secure.

Mike

jaharr01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 05:40:47 pm »

Isn't there a forum for this?  ::)

Possibly but I don't think its a PCB issue.

jaharr01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »
Just a thought have you tested the buttons with the wheel unplugged?
Since all the buttons are working on the PC there's really no reason it shouldn't work, also double check all the disconnects and make sure all are properly secure.

Mike

Hey Mike I'll try, not sure how to test all the buttons though

jaharr01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »
I tried to unplug the wheel and with only the chthulu hooked up. it still didn't work.For sure the start, select, and home controls will not respond. not sure about L1,L2,R1, and R2. ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- I don't know what else to try. The only thing I could possibly think of is reformat the Ps3.

jaharr01

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:50 pm »
screw it I bought a BD remote to use for home button. Start and select works on my wheel